Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constant restarting and error 400-Bad Request after ISY 5.0.12/ISY PI 3.0.1.3 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant restarting and error 400-Bad Request after ISY 5.0.12/ISY PI 3.0.1.3 update

Bob,

Just recently upgraded my ISY to 5.0.12 and your plugin to the latest version 3.0.1.3 I believe. After that upgrade, I noticed the attached errors in my event log.

Have a lot of these messages in the attached image file, and also these below, where the plugin effectively reloads.

Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon Restart : -> _0120
    Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon Restart : Last message received before restart
    Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon Bottom of subscription thread loop
    Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon Attemp to close TcpClient
    Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon Read exited with False
    Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon read : The subscription connection to ISY has failed.

Any ideas?

By the way, since your PI is out of beta, you should get your forum name changed.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ruderthanyou View Post
    Bob,

Just recently upgraded my ISY to 5.0.12 and your plugin to the latest version 3.0.1.3 I believe. After that upgrade, I noticed the attached errors in my event log.

Have a lot of these messages in the attached image file, and also these below, where the plugin effectively reloads.
    Sorry it took a while for me to respond. I just upgraded my ISY to 5.0.12 so I could check if there was something changed in that firmware that might cause this. But everything looks good on my end.

What was your process for updating? Did you do the firmware upgrade while the plug-in was running? It looks like the ISY closed the connector (or went away) while the plug-in was running and it will attempt to reconnect when that happens.

Is this continuing to happen or was it a just a bunch of connection restarts over a fixed period of time?

Lastly, have you restarted the plug-in manually since upgrading the firmware? If not, please do that to make sure the plug-in has up-to-date information from the ISY.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Bob,

Disregard this issue. Finally found the root cause which is related to my Z-Net which is configured for only one static IP, but has for an unknown reason, two different IP addresses on the same wired interface, the configured static one and a DHCP assigned one. Anyway, that DHCP assigned address happened to be the same as my ISY.

So this explains the constant disconnects I was having as two identical IP's on the same network is a very bad thing. Now to deal with my messed up Z-Net.

Thanks again,

Comment

I'm glad you found the problem, duplicate IP address can be a real pain.

I've moved away from static IP's and just use IP reservations on the router for everything except for a few devices that just get normal DHCP leases. Of course this has it's own issues if the router is acting up and not handing out IP address or the if the devices start up in the wrong order after a power outage and fail to connect.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
        X