Rachio Generation 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachio Generation 3?

Will this plug-in work with the forthcoming Rachio Generation 3 controller? It appears to offer some more features compared to the 2G model, and is only $50 more. However, I don't want to get a controller that won't be able to interface with HS.

Yes, it should work.

Please Note: Rachio make several changes to their API that caused some issue with the UltraRachio3 plug-in. I am currently working though them and should have them fixed once I can turn my sprinklers on to confirm the needed changes are working.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Is there an update on this? Just picked up a gen 3 and would like to integrate with HS

Comment

I would like to buy a Gen3 if it will work!! Let me know!!

Comment

It should work fine with the gen 3. I don't have one, so I cannot test it.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Works fine with Gen3..have had it working for about two weeks now.

Can I just delete all the devices the plug-in created for the other unit I had. Now I have a set the plugin prefaced all the devices with with Rachio1 and another set the pluging prefaced with Rachio2. I'd like to just delete all the Rachio1 devices as long as that won't cause a problem.

Cheers,
            Scott

Comment

Follow-up

Deleting the "Rachio1" (aka Gen 2) devices so that UltraRachio3 can use the new "Rachio2" (aka Gen 3) devices doesn't work. They only stay deleted until the next update that UltraRachio3 does, then all the old Rachio1 devices from the no longer used nor online Gen 2 controller are recreated again.

Deleting everything as well as the plugin and starting over would seem to require generating an new API etc....but no other provision made in the UltraRachio3 config for deleting of a system that I can find.

Ideas?

Cheers,
              Scott

Comment

I have a Rachio3 working just fine, but it was a new install not replacing an older model.

Comment

To resolve the issue I posted on above in case others have the same problem, when I noticed the HS ultrarachio .ini file had no info on my Rachio system I realised that it must pull the info Rachio website constantly ( as my Rachio2 devices had kept reappearing) where I had left my Rachio2 system configured. When you add a Rachio3 on the Rachio webpages it asks you if you want to pull in the same settings and schedules from your Rachio2 which indeed saves time, but I had not thought about going back and deleting my Rachio2 off that website. I shutdown the ultrarachio add-in, then deleted my Rachio2 off the Rachio website, then cleared out the HS devices for the Rachio2 system before starting the Ultrarachio plug in back up. Only got the Rachio3 devices this time..all looks good. In hindsight it all made perfect sense.

Have to add though, for what I paid and having posted here for help would have appreciated some support on this.

Comment

Working...
                  X