Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running into similar problems since a few days ago -- see http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...07&postcount=9

Comment

I have been experiencing failures as well. I went to the API site and saw this attached. It looks like they are improving the portal and there was going to be a brief outage. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issues we are seeing but hopefully Ultra will have an update for us.
      Attached Files

Comment

After working perfectly for quite some time my UltraWeather went Tango Uniform, too. The problem was WeatherBug's migration to a different server farm. I had to poke them in the side twice to get it fixed, but once they "investigated" the "something" they found, all is perfect, again.

My advice would be to put in a request with Earth Networks, if everything just quit abruptly....
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I just emailed api-support@weatherbug.com. Is that what you did too? Or is there a phone number?

Any word from others?

Comment

The e-mail address is API Support <apisupport@earthnetworks.com>
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I emailed API Support <apisupport@earthnetworks.com> and told them I was having authntication issues. I gave them my 2 keys and they responded back quickly and gave me two new keys. The 2 new keys work and all is good now. This issue is definitely with earth networks.

Comment

Originally posted by robilium View Post
                I emailed API Support <apisupport@earthnetworks.com> and told them I was having authntication issues. I gave them my 2 keys and they responded back quickly and gave me two new keys. The 2 new keys work and all is good now. This issue is definitely with earth networks.
                I had to do the same a while back and working since.

Comment

I just got this link in an email. I guess my questions are:

1) Do they still have a free subscription or is it all paid, now, and

2) Will this new portal work with the existing script?

http://earthnetworks.hqcampaign.com/...q_v=31b6dee868
                  HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                  Home Assistant 2024.3
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                  Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                  Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                  WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I received the same email -- and have the same questions. If it requires a subscription ($20/ mo being the lowest level I believe), that won't work for me.

Comment

Yes, WeatherBug has eliminated their free tier and have given us 30 days notice. The only way to continue to use the UltraWeather3 plug-in is to subscribe to the lowest plan which is $20 per month. It looks like they will offer a 10% discount if you pay in advance, so $216 per year for the service.

Anyone know of any free weather API services?
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

i got the perfect solution

API
                        http://wunderground.com/weather/api/

perfect alternative !!! looks a lot like weatherbug and its free

SITE
                        http://www.wunderground.com/
                        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                          Yes, WeatherBug has eliminated their free tier and have given us 30 days notice.
                          I received the email as well. This is EXTREMELY bad news. Why would they all of a sudden up and abandon some of their users this way?

A better solution would be to leave the free option, but with more basic/limited functionality. I realize the free service was already limited, but if they were serving too many requests on the free tier, then they should just dial back the amount of calls allowed. I'm unable to see any specific stats right now since the earthnetworks.com Pulse API login site appears to be down, but I'm fairly certain I have only been using a small percentage of my allotted API calls on the free plan. I'm sure many of us are in the same boat and could get by on a lower number of allotted calls.

Certainly not happy about this...

Comment

Working...
                          X