Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event to trigger when Application changes to X - how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event to trigger when Application changes to X - how?

Hi,

I'm evaluating the Chromecast plugin on the trial, all is set-up with the chromecasts detected and would like to be able to trigger an event if Spotify connects to the chromecast.

Under the new event I chose Device value changes and becomes, Selected Chromecast Application, and chose 'a custom' value'. I was expecting to be able to enter 'Spotify', but all I can enter is numerical figures in the from and to fields. Am I doing something wrong? There doesn't appear to be a way to enter text, everytime I do it gets changed back to a 0.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Rob.

unfortunately HS3 doesn't have triggers based on device's string status, so you would need something like the EasyTrigger plugin which implements triggers like "This device's string changes and becomes..."

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...39#post1170939

Comment

Hi Spud,

Thanks for the pointer to your Easy Trigger plugin. I've started the trial and it works, but it would be awesome if this Event type could be added to the standard Chromecast plugin functionality, such as IF 'Chromecast: Application name changes and becomes.. [text box]. I don't have any other use for the Easy Trigger plugin so would be extremely grateful if you could consider baking this into the CC plugin functionality

Thanks also for your help trying to get the squeezebox metadata through fingers crossed we can get it working.

Cheers,

Rob.

Comment

Comment

Agree it would be nice to check strings from this plugin. Actions/Events may be different if a Chromecast device is streaming from Netflix (i.e. video) or Spotify (i.e. audio). However, I understand spud's position -- he's gotta put food on the table!

Ben

Comment

Again, I'm very new to this and maybe do not understand the problem.

Can't you use the normal Event tools to check when the application string is set or changes?

If not, I'm using the normal event tool for checking if the Title changes, in which case I start a script.

In the script you could update a virtual device with the string value of "application" and trigger your event based on the virtual device's exact string value.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobone View Post
              Again, I'm very new to this and maybe do not understand the problem.

Can't you use the normal Event tools to check when the application string is set or changes?
              What is the trigger you use exactly?

Comment

Comment

Which trigger type do you use?

Comment

1) “the device had its value set or changed” triggers on Title.
                    “This device has a value that just changed” does not trigger an event. Odd?!
                    The “any” trigger is also sensitive.

I observed the Google Home app. It actually stutters a bit as well at song start-up, which could explain the multiple events of “value setting”.

2) how can I do this directly? Access your commands from a script.
                    Edit: Solved withCAPI
                    Last edited by Bobone; April 4, 2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X