Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Backitude and EgiGeo questions.

Hi team,

I'm currently trialling different geolocation methods for setting away/home in HS3 from my android phone.

While investigating Backitude, it seems it's no longer available on the google play store?

Does anyone know if this app was abandoned? I see posts here from as recently as last year about people using it, but I can't find a trustworthy looking download source on the internet.

Egigeozone seems it should do what I want, but I'm unclear how often it's evaluating my location. Taking a test walk with the application open, the location indicator on my phone (S7 with Nougat) did not activate once and the "linear distance to fence" didn't update after walking >150m.

Does anyone know if EgiGeo perfroms location "steals" the way Backitude does (or maybe did)?

If an app performs location steals, then I can have google maps open while driving and be confident of rapid and frequent GPS based location updates.

My big first world problem that I'm trying to solve right now is that geofence triggers are happening too slowly. There's no use having the porch lights turn on automatically if it doesn't happen until after I'm in the house.
Working...
X