Weather Information in hstouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Information in hstouch?

At present I am using the default screens for hstouch, not custom screens.

Some of the weather devices have some pretty long strings of information. The longer strings don't display properly in the limited device display space using hstouch default screens. Is there any way to modify the text fields for the weather devices so it displays properly in the limited space available?

In One case the information displays on the line correctly but missing a space or two and everything is scrunched together and hard to read at a glance.

Thanks Much !!!!! Rick
    Last edited by Rick Bonari; June 7, 2018, 07:13 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Have you modified the HSTouch weather pages to use the weatherXML devices?

There are 2 types of devices that weatherXML users. On the page labeled devices, those are legacy from older versions of wxml. They have html in the device string to make them look nice in web pages. The HTML tags will not carry over to HSTouch so the text all runs together.

The second types are the ones that can be created on the HSTouch/Data tab. These use no html and are mainly just the data with not much else. That allows you to put the data into a HSTouch display textbox and design your own pages to fit what you want.

Check out this thread for more info.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173620
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Again I am using the HSTouch default screens and in particular the devices screen.
      The graphic shows up fine on the left side of the screen but the text part including the actual value on a couple of them have missing spaces so is hard to view and the one device text is too long to be completely displayed on one line. Is there a way to add spaces in the text fields and also to delete or modify text in the text fields? For example here is what I am talking about when displaying the weather devices using the HSTouch default devices page:

Location #1 Temperature
      Bremerton, Bremerton National Airport, WA56* FWhich Feels Like 56* F

Notes: The graphic displays properly to the left of the text
      No space between FWhich (should be F Which)
      No space between WA56* (should be WA 56*)

Location #1 Updated
      Bremerton, Bremerton National Airport, WA Jun/07/2018 08:56 PMHomeSe...

Notes: There is more text that is cut off as line only displays so many characters
      Don't need to repeat Bremerton, Bremerton National Airport WA again as it is
      redundant information. Would like to be able to delete this from the device string.
      Should have space between PMHomeSe...

Your thoughts on this and how to possibly change or modify the text strings is much appreciated.....Rick

Comment

Switch to the HSTouch/Data devices.

The ones you are using, use HTML to control how they are displayed and were designed for use in webpages. HSTouch strips out the HTML. At that point you can't control the layout. HSTouch uses editing the screens to do the layout.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

CFGuy,

Sorry, I have no idea what you just said in your previous post. Maybe you could try loading up the HSTouch default project on one of your client devices and look in the lighting and devices selection. You will see the weather xml devices and can see what I am referring to. Because it is a bare bones basic project you don't have much chance to make changes. It is what it is and is ok for my purposes. Just need to be able to change text data a bit so it displays ok. Your further help on this is much appreciated. Haven't had a chance to work with all the things you can do with HSTouch but for the foreseeable future the default project is fine. My question is aside from the actual weather value that is returned can the text be changed for proper display purposes.......Thanks much !!!!! Rick

Comment

Go to the weatherXML admin section. Click on the Advanced menu button. Then click on the 2nd menu button in the 2nd row labeled HSTouch. Select the devices on this page. To get to theses devices you will select HSTouch Current in the default HSTouch device page.

When you select a device on the weatherXML page labeled Devices, those devices are made for webpages, not HSTouch.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

CFGuy,

Thanks much for the clarification. If I hear you right I have the wrong devices selected for HSTouch. Is this a correct assumption? Also would I be correct in assuming the HSTouch devices are much better suited to be displayed in the HSTouch default Project screens?

When you say admin screen I assume you are referring to the weatherxml plugin setup screens in the device management screen. Is this correct?

Also, do I need do delete all of the weather devices from the device management screen? I would assume not as the devices displayed on this page (HTML) have nothing to do with the devices showing up on the HSTouch screens once I do what you said above to display HSTouch devices in the HSTouch default screens properly instead of the HTML based devices? Thanks for the help and for being patient.....Rick

Comment

You are correct. You have the wrong devices selected for use with HSTouch.

For admin screen I am talking about the weatherXML pages where you control the settings. If you go to the HS device management page look up in the header and you will see a link called Plug-ins. Mouse over that and in the dropdown menu you will see weatherXML. Mouse to that and you will get several menu items. Select the one that is labeled HSTouch. That is the ones that you want to select to have created.

As for deleting the others one, it is up to you. They will still show on the HSTouch device page if you select the device group that they are in. I don't think there is a way to keep a device from showing in the device section in HSTouch. You just want to select the ones that look the best for HSTouch.
                The ones selected from the weatherXML Device page will look nicely formatted on the HS device management page.

Older version of HS, did not have HSTouch, so we created HS devices to look good in web pages. weatherXML was originally written in HS 1 before there were plugins. We used scripts and asp pages. I have kept those devices around for those that still use them. I've thought about labeling that weatherxML setup page as Legacy Devices but didn't want so many letters on the button.

I'll be online off and on this evening if you have more questions.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

CFGuy,

Thanks much !!! That worked out great !!!! Now on to figuring out the maps for Bremerton Washington....Rick

Comment

I'm not sure how much longer the maps area will work. More and more of the weather sites are going to interactive apps rather than images.
                    There are some old style maps on this page.

https://weather.com/maps/currentusweather

But they are for the entire US. I don't see any of the regional maps there anymore.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                    X