Recommendation for z wave bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for z wave bulb

I currently have lifx throughout, been very impressed with those. However if I have wifi issues then light automation ceases. As two have recently given up the ghost I was thinking maybe of switching to z wave.

Can anyone recommend a particular manufacturer?

I was looking at the aeotec multi 6 and was just wondering what the colour spectrum is like on these. I used to have Philips hue a few years ago and was disappointed the the blues/greens and also meant having another hub.

This is directed at the usual Edison type bulbs but I would appreciate any input on strip lighting too.

Thanks in advance

I have both of the ones you are talking about and the Lifx is by far and away the better bulb on both color and brightness. In fact the Lifx are the best I have seen across any of the home automation bulbs I have seen and used. If I were buying more new bulbs right now I would be sticking with Lifx and Ultra's plugin.

The Aeon Labs color bulb is probably one of the worst as far as color and brightness that I have used. It is still usable, but doesn't come close to Lifx or Hue.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
      I currently have lifx throughout, been very impressed with those. However if I have wifi issues then light automation ceases. As two have recently given up the ghost I was thinking maybe of switching to z wave.

Can anyone recommend a particular manufacturer?

I was looking at the aeotec multi 6 and was just wondering what the colour spectrum is like on these. I used to have Philips hue a few years ago and was disappointed the the blues/greens and also meant having another hub.

This is directed at the usual Edison type bulbs but I would appreciate any input on strip lighting too.

Thanks in advance
      I went through testing bulbs and working with TheSmartestHouse people with z-wave bulbs and by far the LIFX are the brightest and best color bulbs on the market. If you have Wifi issues I'd spend money on fixing that before replacing those bulbs.

Comment

I have the old aeon lab rgbw (i think a new one is comming). And it does not worth the money at all.

It is buzzing , (but i am sensitive to that( and the color spctrum is really poor.

I did tried the philips hue v3 one day and the diff is night and day. The hue is better in every aspect (maybe not range)

I never tried a wifi one, bt i try so stay aways from those , i just don’t feel confident in wifi stuff.
        Maybe i am wrong. But what i know is that i have a big interference spot near the central A/C. I rent the basement of a house, one room in my ‘’appartment’’ struggle with wifi , and the rest of the house has no trouble at all ...I do not know what to do with this.

Yeah sorry i changed the topic a little haha

Comment

Working...
        X