Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! The "settings" access should be available from the SB server plug-in configuration page. I saw in another post you are using SB Server 7.3 instead of 7.5 (the latest). If I recall there were some changes at some point but don't recall if it was for SB server 7.3. Also the install.xml included in the SqueezeBox plug-in installation zip file specifies a minimum version of 7.4.Can you upgrade to SB server 7.5?

Comment

As I noted in the other thread, I'm actually using 7.5.1.
      I'm also seeing a menu button labeled 'Repo' now. Any way to get rid of it?
      Attached Files
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Unfortunately not. Initially I tried to expose the repo to the SB Server via the other pages and CGI arguments, but the SB server wanted a URL with arguments.

Comment

MusicAPI - Current Track, Album, Artist

I've been experimenting with retrieving current track, album and artist using the link to the MusicAPI. What I'm seeing is inconsistent. Sometimes I get all three, frequently only current track is returned. In all cases, though, the player title device string contains all three items. In fact, I don't think it has ever failed to display all three.

Is there a trick? Is there a better way to access this information?

Code:
          Public Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

' Script to retrieve current music selection 

Dim strLine1 as String = ""
              Dim strLine2 as String = ""
              Dim strLine3 as String = ""

Dim objMusic as Object = hs.plugin("SqueezeBox").GetMusicAPI(1)

strLine1 = objMusic.CurrentTrack
              strLine2 = objMusic.CurrentAlbum
              strLine3 = objMusic.CurrentArtist

hs.WriteLog("Line1", strLine1)
              hs.WriteLog("Line2", strLine2)
              hs.WriteLog("Line3", strLine3)

hs.SetDeviceString("T91", strLine1)
                  hs.SetDeviceString("T92", strLine2)
                  hs.SetDeviceString("T93", strLine3)

objMusic = Nothing

End Sub
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I discovered that adding some delays between MusicAPI queries has helped. It appears that 300 msec is the shortest wait that works reliably. Is that expected? (My query is to a SB Server running on a separate computer over a wired network connection with at least one intervening switch.)

Comment

Working...
            X