Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Frame2 - WAF above 0 needed - can somebody help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    What version of HomeSeer are you running?
    HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.52

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      drDoo,

Could you check if the HS proces has write access to the HTML picture directory? There is a remote chance it could generate a index issue.
      If you are using HS as a service rights on directories can differ from the user you are logged on with.

Main index used in the script is an index for the pictures in your input directory (c:\foto in this case). This could also have problems if read rights are missing from this directory for the proces.

It is just a few things you can look into

Wim
      Hi Wim,

How would i make sure it has?
      HSpro isn't set up to run as a service. I've setup windows for auto logon with the admin account. And that starts homeer. So im pretty sure Homeseer runs under admin rights.

I've also "moved" the input directory to my d:\ drive where homeseer is installed. I've even put it under the HTML directory in homeseer. But still the same result.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDoo View Post
        Hi Wim,

How would i make sure it has?
        If you are using the same account as you work with on your computer and you can move files around, then it should be good.
        Another question is if the pictures you have are of type jpg? The script does not handle other picture types. This could also cause an empty index. PNG, BMP or GIF's won't work.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

If you are using the same account as you work with on your computer and you can move files around, then it should be good.
          Another question is if the pictures you have are of type jpg? The script does not handle other picture types. This could also cause an empty index. PNG, BMP or GIF's won't work.

Wim

They are jpg... (DSC00448.JPG)

Oke this is weird.
          I deleted both files. The ini file and the script.
          And placed them in the script directory.

I changed the ini file to
          PictureDirectory=D:\Data\Foto

Now when i run the script...
          15-5-2012 20:26:00 - PictureRandom - Error : Directory C:\Foto does not exist, please correct in Jowi_PictureRandom.ini

When i change the ini file to c:\foto
          en create the foto directory there again....im getting the same error as before

Its getting more weird by the moment

Comment

The ini file should be in the config directory, the script in the scripts directory. If the script does not find the ini file, C:\foto is the default directory. So this was expected really.
            If you want to test in D:\Data\foto you can test this again, by changing the ini in the config directory. It should work that way.
            Could you add a few more pictures to the directory too maybe?
            I am not sure if the script has a problem with only a few pictures.
            My root (c:\foto) has 9000 pictures spread over several subfolders and the script never complaints?

Do not worry about the pictures, the script does not adjust the originals. All it really does is resize pictures to the HTML directory.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Where in the Netherlands are you? If it is pretty close to Apeldoorn I could see if I have some spare time this weekend?

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

The ini file should be in the config directory, the script in the scripts directory. If the script does not find the ini file, C:\foto is the default directory. So this was expected really.
                Wim
                Hi Wim,

Thanks so much for that offer. However i live in Zoetermeer, not really in the neighbourhood

And I'm feeling pretty stupid right now....really stupid.
                I thought i had to place the ini file in the script directory as well!

I saw your really reply and moved the ini file to the hspro\config directory...
                And quess what....

It works! Really happy now.
                Planning on mounting an ipad to the wall for central control. When its not in use it should make an excellent foto frame

Everyone thanks so much for the help and sorry for being stupid :P

Kind regards
                Michiel

Comment

This is awesome.

Made a picture window on my my screen pointing to the photo.
                  Set the property of the image window to Video = true
                  IsVideorefresh is 600

IgnorePresses = false
                  ActionWhenReleased
                  Action Type: Show another screen by itself
                  Screen: start screen

I made an event that runs once every 2 hours to generate a new photo.

Now i won't have to simulate a press which could take you out of a current screen.

Project is set to return to main screen after 5 minutes of inactivity.

Working awesome so far

Thanks again!

Michiel

Comment

Michael,

Glad to hear it has been solved. It has been running on my screens ever since I made it. It is very stable now

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Hi

I'm new to this thread.

I was wondering if this still works as per original instructions.

I followed the instructions but get

6/12/2012 9:02:22 AM - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: JOWI_PictureRandom.vb.txt1025:Expected end of statement in line 1 More info: Expected end of statement

?
                      jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi,

You have to rename the txt file to .vb, so JOWI_PictureRandom.vb.txt should be named JOWI_PictureRandom.vb instead. It is a .net script.

From there it should run as expected.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Thanks for your reply

I have got it working to the point where the picture shows up in HSTouch, but it doesn't seem to change at all.

I have the event going off every minute (for testing) and althought the pictures in
                          \JOWI_PictureRandom are changing the image on touchscreen doesn't change.

I have the event simulate press of Screenicture, but nothing seems to happen
                          jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmd View Post
                            I have the event simulate press of Screenicture, but nothing seems to happen
                            Is the link in the action correctly set?
                            It should show as "URL: http://<your homeip>/Jowi_PictureRandom/<your picturename>.jpg". The same really as in your element?

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

I am not sure I follow "the link in the action"

I have the event set up in HS which runs the script and then simulates press of element screenicture.

where is there a URL link in an action? I do have the URL in the ImageURLNormal field of the element.

Here are some screenshots
                              Attached Files
                              jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

After posting the last screenshots, I figured out that if I change the "IsVideo" field to "true"
                                it seems to be working at least locally on my HS computer. That is a great start it runs beautifully locally.

How would I change this so that the pictures show up on my android tablet? That one is still just showing a blank screen.

By the way thanks for your help and work on this script it is a wonderful addition to HST.
                                jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X