Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul, in my devices for egigeozone (in HS) I have some devices that have a status reset and other don't , is there a reason for that?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
      Not as the plug-in stands, but if it's going to be a lot of work for you to re-create new devices I could knock together a little script for you that can change them.

If you want me to do that, jut drop me an email and I'll do it this evening.

Paul..

Ok thanks for the offer, much appreciated!!
      I've had a little play today, and think I'll need to take a little time thinking how I'm going to do what I want, and test the new plugin again. It might be better to keep the old devices as a backup.
      I think I'm going over old ground, followmee is good and works very well. I just think I can get better battery life with the new plugin.
      I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers
      J

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        I am using egigeozone and lately on my cell the devices gets stuck on a status and can't find a way to change it. Does anyone know how to reset the zone on the cell phone side?
        I've not used egigeozone for a while but from memory I think the only way is to remove the zone/fence and re-add it with the same name (on the mobile app).

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
          Paul, in my devices for egigeozone (in HS) I have some devices that have a status reset and other don't , is there a reason for that?
          When you say "status reset", do you mean the buttons that allow you to manually set the status?

If so, then this was something added in a recent version so the fence devices that do not have the buttons were likely created with an older version of the plug-in.

Assuming you don't have any events using them, you can delete the older devices and the next time they are heard they will be recreated with buttons.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
            When you say "status reset", do you mean the buttons that allow you to manually set the status?

If so, then this was something added in a recent version so the fence devices that do not have the buttons were likely created with an older version of the plug-in.

Assuming you don't have any events using them, you can delete the older devices and the next time they are heard they will be recreated with buttons.

Paul..
            Thanks Paul
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hi Paul,

I added a custom user and get the error below

Jan-03 20:51:08 PHLocation Error (CreateDeviceLists) Missing LAT or LON device value for parent ref 315 can't add to custom list!

My config string is -- LAT=213,LONG=214

Ive double checked the IDs and deleted and re-added a few times. Same thing, any ideas??

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                Hi Paul,

I added a custom user and get the error below

Jan-03 20:51:08 PHLocation Error (CreateDeviceLists) Missing LAT or LON device value for parent ref 315 can't add to custom list!

My config string is -- LAT=213,LONG=214

Ive double checked the IDs and deleted and re-added a few times. Same thing, any ideas??

Cheers

J
                The config string should be LAT=213,LON=214

Note "LON" not "LONG"

Paul..

Comment

Lol! I checked the syntax too.
                  That's working now.

It's a bit like the how many f's can you see?

"Made Of Fine Virginia Tobacco"

Cheers
                  J

Comment

Hello Paul.

Found some cheap hardware for $33, that's GPS & GPRS based. The hardware runs off a simcards text msg or data plan.

http://vandogtraveller.com/cheap-gps...on-and-review/

I have intent on hardwiring on of these into our ca. Is this something that might work with your plugin ?

Many thanks.

Charlie.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
                    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                      Hello Paul.

Found some cheap hardware for $33, that's GPS & GPRS based. The hardware runs off a simcards text msg or data plan.

http://vandogtraveller.com/cheap-gps...on-and-review/

I have intent on hardwiring on of these into our ca. Is this something that might work with your plugin ?

Many thanks.

Charlie.

Looking at the write up in your link, it appears that the unit's location reporting is done via SMS so I expect it won't work with the plug-in.

One of the things I have been working on in recent weeks (really for my own use) is integration of a vehicle tracking unit with the plug-in but the unit I'm working with is designed to report to a server service and costs somewhere in the region of 100 GBP.

Paul..

Comment

Check out Section 6.33 of the manual for using internet.
                        https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...7mDmTemlfZ29VQ

You could wirie this in your car to control door locks and report status of other devices, just like Onstar does. Simple data packages in the US go for $38 a month.

PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Check out Section 6.33 of the manual for using internet.
                          https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...7mDmTemlfZ29VQ

You could wirie this in your car to control door locks and report status of other devices, just like Onstar does. Simple data packages in the US go for $38 a month.

It looks like it can talk to a server so technically it could talk to the plug-in. I would need to look at the protocol used in some more detail and see what could be done.

Paul..

Comment

That's cool and I others so appreciate your efforts.

Here's some code from other people trying to do the same thing. You will find a excellent spreadsheet from a drop box download.

I would be willing to donate the cost of the unit if you decide support a device such as this.

EDIT: I forgot the link. -->>. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...gt06-tk102-etc

Comment

Here's some code from other people trying to do the same thing. You will find a excellent spreadsheet from a drop box download.

I would be willing to donate the cost of the unit if you decide support a device such as this.

EDIT: I forgot the link. -->>. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...gt06-tk102-etc

Thanks charlie, look promising...
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The protocol looks pretty straight forward although there will be quite a bit of work to integrate it into the plug-in.

Considering the cost of only 19 GBP, I've ordered one to play with. Can't promise a time frame on support because I have quite a lot of other things going on at present but I have added it to my to do list.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X