X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 ZWave plugin crashes on power failure

I have noticed this a lot of times now.

I have my HS3 machine on a UPS.
    The last couple of days I have lost power at the house a few times and every time the ZWave plugin crashes and I have to restart HS3 to get my zwave working again. No idea why this happens as the computer still runs fine and all other plugins continue on running perfectly fine. Just the zwave plugin crashes and I have to close it. Then restart HS3.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Is no one else having this issue?

Every time my power goes out the zwave plugin crashes and I have to restart HS3.
    This does not happen with any other plugin. I find that a bit odd.
    Cheers,
    Bob

Comment

Is you Z-wave controller (Z-Net?) on UPS too? If not, that dropping out *might* crash the Z-Wave PI.
      cheeryfool

Comment

I use a z-troller connected via com port. The z-troller is in another room
        The zwave plugin crashes every time the power goes off which is weird because the PC is on a UPS.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          I use a z-troller connected via com port. The z-troller is in another room
          The zwave plugin crashes every time the power goes off which is weird because the PC is on a UPS.

Hi Bob, are you sure the power supply for the ztroller is on a protected ups outlet? I had a similar issue before with some other equipment that I though was on a protected outlet but instead I had it installed on a pass through outlet.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Hi Bob, are you sure the power supply for the ztroller is on a protected ups outlet? I had a similar issue before with some other equipment that I though was on a protected outlet but instead I had it installed on a pass through outlet.

Cheers
            Al
            Yes, that's what I was driving at. Had similar problems previously when I didn't have my old Z-troller on a UPS.
            cheeryfool

Comment

The z-troller is not plugged into a UPS. Do you think that is the issue?
              My generator automatically turns the power back on in 10 seconds to over half the house and then the z-troller would be back on power

Maybe that is causing the issue

I will move a small UPS there and see what happens the next time the power goes out.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

My generator automatically turns the power back on in 10 seconds to over half the house and then the z-troller would be back on power

I will move a small UPS there and see what happens the next time the power goes out.
                Pull the power on the Z-Troller (with no batteries in it) and see if it replicates the issue. If the PC doesn't blip in a power outage (due to the UPS) then you should be able to prove it this way without waiting for another utility outage.
                cheeryfool

Comment

To add to what Cheeryfool and Al have said, I found the Z-Troller especially doesn't like short power interruptions. Between 0-30 second interruptions caused mine to lock up. It had to be disconnected from power for more than 30 seconds to reset. Putting it on a UPS cured it any problems. It would also survive power glitches if I left batteries in it, but the UPS represented a more thorough solution.

Now all my HA stuff is on a UPS, either though a UPS supplied POE switch or directly to UPS supplied power.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I can get the plugin to crash when I was testing it on a laptop and bringing it out of sleep mode...might be similar to what you are seeing when the plugin gets a bit out of sync with the controller.

Comment

Working...
                    X