Analog manipulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analog manipulation

I've asked the question before about a year ago, and had been provided a solution, at the time it was in Beta, however at the time I did not want to take a chance with a bets. Now that I have grown a little in understanding, and have based my hardware around the Arduino, I need to know how best to perform math with the analog input 0-5 HIH-4000 humidity sensor and the one wire sensor DS18B20. A formula is given that takes the temperature into consideration using temp and the analog value of the humidity sensor. I would like to compare the outside humidity to the inside so I can reduce running my make up air should the humidity outside be greater than inside in the summer. I would also like to display the values in TOUCH. I think I must make a virtual device and sort it out there.
    I have looked in vane in the forums, and getting hung up.
    I would like to avoid using the API if it can be done inside a virtual device of sorts because that would prevent me from using the rest of the IO drop down configuration (that makes it all so easy) for that adruino board. This is a big sticking point for me could it be done in a string? I just don't know what way to turn. Greg this is a great plug in, the only thing wrong with it is my lack of knowledge using it, but it has taken me leaps and bounds. I'm not sure if I want to start writing API's yet. Is there another way? I would like to know anyone's opinions. Everything is working great, I've just this one last hurdle.

Originally posted by Daggy67 View Post
    I've asked the question before about a year ago, and had been provided a solution, at the time it was in Beta, however at the time I did not want to take a chance with a bets. Now that I have grown a little in understanding, and have based my hardware around the Arduino, I need to know how best to perform math with the analog input 0-5 HIH-4000 humidity sensor and the one wire sensor DS18B20. A formula is given that takes the temperature into consideration using temp and the analog value of the humidity sensor. I would like to compare the outside humidity to the inside so I can reduce running my make up air should the humidity outside be greater than inside in the summer. I would also like to display the values in TOUCH. I think I must make a virtual device and sort it out there.
    I have looked in vane in the forums, and getting hung up.
    I would like to avoid using the API if it can be done inside a virtual device of sorts because that would prevent me from using the rest of the IO drop down configuration (that makes it all so easy) for that adruino board. This is a big sticking point for me could it be done in a string? I just don't know what way to turn. Greg this is a great plug in, the only thing wrong with it is my lack of knowledge using it, but it has taken me leaps and bounds. I'm not sure if I want to start writing API's yet. Is there another way? I would like to know anyone's opinions. Everything is working great, I've just this one last hurdle.
    Hi Daggy67,

Yes I think you are thinking along the correct lines. I would be creating a virtual device then an event that runs a small script to read the data from the Arduino device then manipulate the data in to the format that you require then load it in to the virtual device.
    Post again on the board if you get stuck with the script and I am sure someone will help you out.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Working...
    X