This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Hey Claude, Are you having issues with the beta rev?
    Egi is not reporting very well. Currently it doesn't report anything, have experimented this before? can you email me the intrusions that Paul issued you to see if I have something diferent....
    Yesterday, I combined my fence and tracking profile into one on my 2 Android phones. Today, all I can see is Fence entries on one of them, no tracking. I may have screwed something up yesterday. Don't have time to debug now.

Also, the 2nd phone has not been reporting for almost a week now, fence and tracking. Everything was running fine until May 27th.

If you're asking for Paul's instructions, see post #19

Comment

Iam getting this error constantly "GR01 in get of the responce code:0" on my phone. Wonder what's that all about??
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Watch that Firewall... remote/local port setting

I thought I'd share my experience.

I had been getting GR02 (timeout from the EgiGeoZone app establishing a session with PHLocation). It turns out that the Windows MS Firewall was getting in the way. I had inadvertently and mechanically set the remote port to 50099 as well as the local port. Setting the remote port to 'all' solved the issue.

What I won't share is how many hours it took me to realize my mistake

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
          I thought I'd share my experience.

I had been getting GR02 (timeout from the EgiGeoZone app establishing a session with PHLocation). It turns out that the Windows MS Firewall was getting in the way. I had inadvertently and mechanically set the remote port to 50099 as well as the local port. Setting the remote port to 'all' solved the issue.

What I won't share is how many hours it took me to realize my mistake
          Claude, are these setting in you router?
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The issue was with the MS firewall as indicated in my previous post.

Defining port forwarding in my router was the indirect cause of my issue.

In my router:
            - external port = destination port requested by remote entity (50099)
            - internal port = port# to be used when the router sends the packet to the PHLocation plugin (50099)

In MS firewall, the rule will allow the connection with these characteristics:
            - remote port = source port used by remote entity (could be any port#, so this entry should be 'all')
            - internal port = port# to be used when the router sends the packet to the PHLocation plugin (50099)

So, when I defined that connection first on my router, I then blindly reused 50099 for both remote and internal port when defining the firewall rule. Classic mistake when you're zipping through rebuilding a crashed server.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
              Classic mistake when you're zipping through rebuilding a crashed server.

For this reason I always make a backup of my firewall rules when I make any changes to it.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                For this reason I always make a backup of my firewall rules when I make any changes to it.
                I had a complete backup of my environment. After restoring, the folder/file permissions were so screwed up that I couldn't do anything, so I bit the bullet and reinstalled from scratch.

Comment

I've just uploaded version 3.0.1.47.

Most of the changes over 3.0.1.38 are fixes for small bugs that were affecting a limited number of users.

See here for details of what's changed.

Paul..

Comment

I've uploaded version 3.0.1.51

See post #1 for changes.

This version should be considered an intermediate release.
                    Due to an identified issue where iCloud polling could cause HS3 to stop processing events I thought it best to get a version out ASAP with the fix for that problem first before introducing anything new.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                      I've uploaded version 3.0.1.51

See post #1 for changes.

This version should be considered an intermediate release.
                      Due to an identified issue where iCloud polling could cause HS3 to stop processing events I thought it best to get a version out ASAP with the fix for that problem first before introducing anything new.

Paul..
                      Thanks Paul, I've updated and all seems to be well.

Cheers
                      Al
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Paul,

Any instructions for Tasker? I can't find anyting. The information you provided doesn't have any link. And there is nothing in the new 3.0.1.51 help file!

Eman.
                        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                          Hi Paul,

Any instructions for Tasker? I can't find anyting. The information you provided doesn't have any link. And there is nothing in the new 3.0.1.51 help file!

Eman.
                          Tasker is supported using HTTP post of custom data. You have to format the post data in your device to match what PHLocation can parse. It is covered briefly at the bottom of the help index.

================================================

The plug-in's http server can be used as a means of getting data into Homeseer from any application that supports HTTP POST.

Once the plug-in's http server is configured and running, the following url can be used for the POST request.

http://myhs3server:8085/phlcustom

The above assumes that myhs3server is the address of your HS3 server and 8085 is the port configured in the plug-in's http server settings.

The POST request must include the parameter Type=G . If it is not present in the url, the request won't be processed.

As part of the plug-in installation the script PHLocation.vb is installed at \HS3\Scripts

Sub ProcCustomData(Optional ByVal Parms As String = "")

hs.WriteLog("PHLocation", "Script called with parameters: " & Parms)

End Sub

When custom data is successfully processed it's passed to the ProcCustomData function within this script where it is then available for further processing.

Getting location data into the plug-in from Tasker or other such apps using HTTP POST

Step 1: Create a new user device of type Backitude and note the device ref of the root device.
                          Step 2: Add a new Tasker Action to your task of type HTTP Post.
                          Step 3: In the Server:Port field of the action enter the url in the format http://PHLUserName:PHLUserPassword@Y...Port/phlcustom
                          Step 4: In the Data / File field of the action enter: Type=TP&PHLID=0000&loc=%LOC&acc=%LOCACC&tim=&LOCTMS&spd=%LOC SPD where 0000 is the device ref noted in step 1.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            Tasker is supported using HTTP post of custom data. You have to format the post data in your device to match what PHLocation can parse. It is covered briefly at the bottom of the help index.

================================================

The plug-in's http server can be used as a means of getting data into Homeseer from any application that supports HTTP POST.

Once the plug-in's http server is configured and running, the following url can be used for the POST request.

http://myhs3server:8085/phlcustom

The above assumes that myhs3server is the address of your HS3 server and 8085 is the port configured in the plug-in's http server settings.

The POST request must include the parameter Type=G . If it is not present in the url, the request won't be processed.

As part of the plug-in installation the script PHLocation.vb is installed at \HS3\Scripts

Sub ProcCustomData(Optional ByVal Parms As String = "")

hs.WriteLog("PHLocation", "Script called with parameters: " & Parms)

End Sub

When custom data is successfully processed it's passed to the ProcCustomData function within this script where it is then available for further processing.

Getting location data into the plug-in from Tasker or other such apps using HTTP POST

Step 1: Create a new user device of type Backitude and note the device ref of the root device.
                            Step 2: Add a new Tasker Action to your task of type HTTP Post.
                            Step 3: In the Server:Port field of the action enter the url in the format http://PHLUserName:PHLUserPassword@Y...Port/phlcustom
                            Step 4: In the Data / File field of the action enter: Type=TP&PHLID=0000&loc=%LOC&acc=%LOCACC&tim=&LOCTMS&spd=%LOC SPD where 0000 is the device ref noted in step 1.

H Randy

I'm recieving (procCustomData) Invalid custom data type in the logs (RED) Did I have to edit the INI file?

Note : I'm using the new Tasker USER instead of Backitude! I don't know if feature added yet!

I think am missing the ("The POST request must include the parameter Type=G")
                            Eman.
                            Last edited by Eman; October 15, 2016, 06:22 PM.
                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I don't know about the tasker user. Paul will have to answer if that new user type is fully implemented. Yes it says the post will fail if Type=G is not included as a parameter.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

If you have version 3.0.1.51 installed then in the user guide there should be a section:

Users / Devices > Position Based Users > Tasker

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X