Z-stick Gen5 Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-stick Gen5 Backup

I've just purchased a Aeon Labs Z-Stick Gen5 which comes with backup software for it, however it appears that it requires the Gateway Security Key which it says the Gateway company will be able to provide.

Anyone know what it is referring to?

Link to document here.

Thanks
    Simon

Under plugins->z-wave->controller management you can just pick the Gen5 zstick and one of the options is backup the interface. I don't think you need to use the aeon labs software for anything as this back up can be restored to rebuild your network in the event of critical loss.

Comment

Originally posted by mattgam View Post
      Under plugins->z-wave->controller management you can just pick the Gen5 zstick and one of the options is backup the interface. I don't think you need to use the aeon labs software for anything as this back up can be restored to rebuild your network in the event of critical loss.
      I've done a backup using the HS backup option in controller management but there is however no option for restore!

Comment

HomeSeer backs the data up from the Z-Wave database, not from the stick... so anything can be backed up. If you want to restore information, you'll need to use a supported interface. The Z-Wave.me UZB stick works best for this if you're outside of the US. If you're in the US, the SmartStick+ is the best option.

http://www.homeseer.com/compare-z-wave-interfaces.html
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          HomeSeer backs the data up from the Z-Wave database, not from the stick... so anything can be backed up. If you want to restore information, you'll need to use a supported interface. The Z-Wave.me UZB stick works best for this if you're outside of the US. If you're in the US, the SmartStick+ is the best option.

http://www.homeseer.com/compare-z-wave-interfaces.html
          So if I buy a supported device can I restore the backup from the Aeon Labs Z-Stick Gen5? If so I'll return it and buy Z-Wave.me.

Is the stick in the link below the same as the one HomeSeer sells? I would buy from Homeseer store but obviously being in UK shipping charges would be high!

Z-Wave.me link

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
            So if I buy a supported device can I restore the backup from the Aeon Labs Z-Stick Gen5? If so I'll return it and buy Z-Wave.me.

Is the stick in the link below the same as the one HomeSeer sells? I would buy from Homeseer store but obviously being in UK shipping charges would be high!

Z-Wave.me link
            Yes you can restore your Aeon backup to the UZB stick and yes, that's the correct product. If it's cheaper to get in the UK, go ahead with that.

You'll be using this same process:

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post

Z-Wave.me link

This is exactly what I did when I first switched to my Homeseer smartstick+ from a borrowed aeotech USB transceiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                Yes you can restore your Aeon backup to the UZB stick and yes, that's the correct product. If it's cheaper to get in the UK, go ahead with that.

You'll be using this same process:

Thanks, I've ordered one :-)

Comment

Working...
                X