Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast web page

Any chance this can cast a web page?

My thought being casting a weatherunderground page to the bedroom TV shortly after the alarm goes off.

Comment

I have a harmony hub in my bedroom and my thought is to have a morning event that turns on the TV, sets the input to the Chromecast and then push some data to the TV (thinking time, weather, maybe calendar?). At the least, I'd like to try to identify if it's possible to push a web page to the Chromecast.

I need to be mindful that the Chromecast is connected to an older 32" flatscreen that will not have the same resolution as newer TVs, and since the viewing distance to my TV is about 12-14', I need to make sure the content is read-able.

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetBoySI View Post
        I have a harmony hub in my bedroom and my thought is to have a morning event that turns on the TV, sets the input to the Chromecast and then push some data to the TV (thinking time, weather, maybe calendar?). At the least, I'd like to try to identify if it's possible to push a web page to the Chromecast.

Comment

Old Phone, Tasker and Autocast to a chromecast. As long as the website supports https youre good

Comment

Working...
          X