Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Wow, is this even possible? Awesome!
    Yes, actually all the libraries do this but because they are REST based, they just wait for you to call them and they just keep track of it. I'm just talking to the hub directly which gives me access to when the activity starts, when the activity finishes and when the hub itself recognizes that the activity has changed. There will be triggers for the first 2 in the plugin and the third is handled just by checking the activity devices for a change

I've also got similar triggers for the hub powering off. There are other messages I get from the hub as well (When you set a sleep timer, when a sync starts and finishes, etc). Those might make good triggers as well, but I've held off adding them for now.

I think I can set the sleep timer as well, but haven't tried yet

Comment

Comment

All, I have added beta 0.0.1.0. The links are in the first post of this thread.

Once the plugin is started go to Plugins -> MeiHarmonyHub -> Hubs

Once there, add a hub by it's IP. This will let the plugin know about the hub, but won't create any Homeseer devices. Check if you want it to create an Activity Device and/or Device Devices (for controlling your Harmony Devices) and then check Enable.

note: You can click Enable at any time. It doesn't really matter what order you check the boxes in. Also note that if you uncheck "enable", it will disconnect the hub and won't reconnect on plugin startup, but you still can connect using the hub's root device connect button.

I will write up better instructions in the days to come.

Also, I haven't been able to test this for any length of time, that is the purpose of this beta. The Root for each hub has a status of -1 (forcefully disconnected). The plugin will try and reconnect if that happens, but it could be useful for making sure the hub stays connected. I will be installing it on my production machine tonight and setting an even to send me a pushover if one of the hubs forcefully disconnects.

please feel free to leave any suggestions for the plugin here, but note that I have a list of things I need to/want to finish up first before really getting into the feature requests.

Comment

First update. The plugin doesn't create the /html/images/MeiHarmonyHub/Status folder. If you created yoru activity device and it doesn't have images, then create that folder (relative to the root of your homeseer install) and delete the Activity device. then either restart the plugin or just go to the settings page and uncheck then recheck the "Use Activities?" checkbox.

I'll have a new version up soon.

Comment

0.0.2.0 is on the first post now. It fixes the status folder problem.

Comment

For those that are curious, attached is an image for the event to notify me if the hub disconnects forcefully (unexpectedly).
              Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by ; February 7, 2018, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Yes, currently the plugin can't add a new activity when it's created. The simple way around this is to go to the settings, uncheck "Use Activities?", then go and delete the HS device and go back to the settings and check it.

This is a planned feature coming very soon, but it's not implemented yet. I need to see a few things:

1. Does the hub notify of a new activity, if so, I can create it on the fly
                  2. If not, I need to set up some kind of polling to do this (likely once a day with a manual button in the settings).

If your hub is still not updating the activity, make sure that the activity your changing to is not the new one (as it won't know what it is) and if that doesn't work, go to the plugin settings, then Logging, Check "Debug logging" and try and change the activity a few times.

AFter that go to your homeseer file root and in /Logs there will be a MeiHarmonyHub.log file. You can attach it here for me to look at.

Comment

Hey Frank,

I deleted the new activity , it was just for testing purpose; i deleted the activity device in hs3. And created it again. You were right.

I can now monitor the activites in real time again in hs3.

thanks

Comment

Works perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0CqBuAcrIA
                      Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Should this plugin work on Linux?

"Install/Update of package MeiHarmonyHub (Harmony Hub Control and Monitor) failed.

Comment

Originally posted by bgr View Post
                          Should this plugin work on Linux?

"Install/Update of package MeiHarmonyHub (Harmony Hub Control and Monitor) failed.
                          I plan on making it available for Linux, but my first initial test failed. It's harder to debug on linux, but I will be doing my best to make sure it works. I can't think of anything that would prevent it from, but I do right now know it's failing. I set the override file to say it didn't work on linux, but I'm guessing it didn't work.

This is definitely on my list of items to get working.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                            I plan on making it available for Linux, but my first initial test failed. It's harder to debug on linux, but I will be doing my best to make sure it works. I can't think of anything that would prevent it from, but I do right now know it's failing. I set the override file to say it didn't work on linux, but I'm guessing it didn't work.

This is definitely on my list of items to get working.
                            No, it worked. I modified the UC code to try it since the Linux compatibility was unclear. I'll be patient.

Comment

Beta Update
                              So,

The night before last night I got the code done to update the activities done. I pulled it from my Roku plugin so I"m sure it will work, but I didn't actually implement it yet (I made a general solution for using with future plugins in case I need it). I will be testing that tonight.

Last night I crashed out before 8pm so didn't get to work on the plugin. Too much burning of the midnight oil, I suppose.

Ongoing testing update
                              I have been running it on 1 hub since 2/6 (2.5 days ago). I haven't lost connection to the hub once.

I added my other 3 hubs the next morning and haven't lost connection with them either. They all 4 continue to operate as expected.

On my i7-6700k machine with 16GB of ram, the plugin is using 16-17Megs of ram and I never see the CPU go above 0% (I assume it's somewhere between 0-1%).

So far this is by far exceeding my expectations at this point.

If others would like to report their findings, please feel free to do so. Also, any feature requests for the final version should be added ASAP so I can schedule them.

Thanks,
                              Frank

Comment

I do have some questions for people:

When a hub connects it keeps trying until it connects. I currently put a 5 second hold between each attempt because I don't want to be sending a bunch of attempts through the network anything.

Would people prefer different wait for the initial connect vs an unexpected disconnect?

For instance, would it be better during a forceful disconnect to wait longer between connect attempts? Note that for the most part an attempt to connect is well under 1 second.

I do currently have a limit on the number of attempts it makes to reconnect (like 200 or so), but I may remove that limit as each reconnect is in it's own thread so doesn't affect the main plugins thread at all.

Would a better option be to just add settings to accomplish this? One for space between connection attempts at start up (or when one clicks the Connect button) and one for Reconnect attempts after an unexpected disconnect?

Or am I just really overthinking this?

Comment

Working...
                                X