www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > PI-SonosController (3P)

PI-SonosController (3P) Discussion of Sonos Controller Plug-in

Old February 1st, 2018, 08:31 AM
Seer Deluxe

Sonos action - play genre

Just wondering if/why there isn't a "play genre" as an option in the Sonos Actions when creating events - I use playlists and sometimes artist, but often shuffle play on a specific genre, like "blues"

Is this something I can configure / find a way around (short of creating a playlist for a genre and then using that)?

Many thanks
HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.409| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.22, RFXCOM 30.0.0.36, X10 3.0.0.36, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.37, Blue-Iris 3.1.1.24385, Z-Wave 3.0.1.162, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0 | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM
Old February 3rd, 2018, 02:05 PM
Seer Deluxe

I'm guessing if no one is chiming in, that there can't be that much interest in playing using the genre approach... that probably explains why it isn't there... point taken LOL.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 02:21 PM
OverSeer

I wouldn't use it, but you might give Dirk time to reply, since he would be the one to add the feature.

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old February 3rd, 2018, 04:06 PM
Seer Deluxe

Thx Randy. Mine was really just curiosity, not a feature request - I can just as easily create a few genre based playlists in iTunes and get them into the Sonos library.

I was keen to understand how others went about playing shuffled music.

Cheers

Sandro
Old February 3rd, 2018, 05:09 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyspilf View Post
Thx Randy. Mine was really just curiosity, not a feature request - I can just as easily create a few genre based playlists in iTunes and get them into the Sonos library.

I was keen to understand how others went about playing shuffled music.

Cheers

Sandro
I can't answer because we use iOS or PC apps to manage Sonos. They are just easier than trying to do it through HS. We only use the plug-in for announcements and triggers or conditions based on Sonos player status.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 05:41 PM
Seer Deluxe

I did too, but just a few days ago I got a Fibaro button and started to fiddle with it...

I already have it working for starting music on a group of Sonos speakers, and conditional events to pause and resume music, all with the same button press... very nice if you want to run something without a computer, etc. and all this got me started on playing certain genres in shuffle mode...