No announcement yet.

SmartStick+ Errors - API Transmit Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I SUSPEND polling then all is well. As soon as I resume the errors start again.

I only have 75 devices, no dead devices are being polled. I haven't added a device in months but this only started a couple of weeks ago.

Thoughts? some bug in the latest Z-wave plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
      If I SUSPEND polling then all is well. As soon as I resume the errors start again.

I only have 75 devices, no dead devices are being polled. I haven't added a device in months but this only started a couple of weeks ago.

Could be a bug. You could try going back to a backed up version if you have one or roll back to the delivered version if you are running a beta to test this.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

How do I roll back to the delivered version? will it break anything else?

Comment

The devices you are polling may not be able to send a reply back to HS, even though they are not "dead". Can you enable polling on one device at a time and see which device is not responding? I suspect its not all of them.

Comment

Is there any easy way to alter the polling interval for devices rather than going to each and every device? is there any bulk way?

Comment

Is there any easy way to alter the polling interval for devices rather than going to each and every device? is there any bulk way?
              No there's no way to bulk update this parameter.

Comment

ok - so how do I downgrade back to an older Z-wave plugin? and will this break the DB or anything else?

Going through and manually disabling polling on the 60 or so devices that have it enabled will take a long time. Also - as this worked fine a few weeks ago I don't think this will help.

Comment

Same issue unresolved

I am also having the same problem. Getting this message

Aug-28 10:35:21 AM Z-Wave Error SmartStickMain: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface

Everything is fine for a while if i reboot. The error starts a few hours after everything is working. Then i get it every minute. I've checked all of the suggested settings.

Has anyone resolved this issue?

Comment

Yes.

Backup the z-wave adapter. Go in and edit the file and make sure there are no dead nodes in the file. Then restore it back to the stick.

Worked for me.

M

Comment

Go in and edit the file and make sure there are no dead nodes in the file. Then restore it back to the stick.
                      How do you identify dead nodes in the file?

Comment

Do that prior. Go to the HS device list and make sure they all work. Then just cross reference that (manually) with the text file you dump out and delete anything that wasn't in the HS list (and guaranteed to be working in the HS list)

Comment

So, I am having this problem too. I've tried all the suggestions (putting on a dedicated port - putting on a powered USB hub) then tried the backup/restore. It's wiped my system, because every node it tries to restore generates that "Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds" error. So, I'm much worse off now. Really beginning to hate ZWave. My Insteon is more reliable than ZWave now.

Comment

I found my cause. I'm running on linux. I had 2 other processes that were opening /dev/ttyACM0. I used lsof to find them. One was ModemManager, and another was boinc. After I stopped these 2 from opening /dev/ttyACM0, my ZWave is much more responsive.

Comment

I had this error after doing an optimize and it fubar'ed my network severely.
                              Last edited by dtsouers; August 8, 2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I've had a perfectly stable and in perfect working order z-wave system for a long time and suddenly I have started to receive this error.

Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational

I find this happens when I have events that are sending z wave commands (like to turn a light on when a door opens). I can control the light just fine from the homeseer device control page though.

I am also finding that the device control page does not reflect the state of the devices if they are controlled by the switch directly. For instance, I can turn on my office light from the wall switch, but the homeseer device page thinks the light is off.

I feel like this started happening after I updated to 3.0.0.435.

I am using the homeseer smartstick+

Anyone experiencing this type of error and issues with their z wave control?

Comment

Working...
                                X