www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > PI-SonosController (3P)

PI-SonosController (3P) Discussion of Sonos Controller Plug-in

Old November 16th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Seer

I have just installed V1.0.0.42 and once again had to re-register as the installation had reverted to the "trial" again.

This time I made certain to save the upgrade with HSprotect so I will be interested to see if the next update (V1.0.0.43??) retains my registration details or if I will again have to re-input them.

I will report back.

PS - Thanks for the rapid rollout of improvements.
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Wingo

Good Morning

Just installed 42 how can i clear this err also the asp page still does not display the cover art but is display on the stat screen even after i refresh thank Robert

OSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
11/16/2010 6:21:30 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
11/16/2010 6:21:30 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
11/16/2010 6:21:22 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
11/16/2010 6:21:22 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
11/16/2010 6:21:22 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
11/16/2010 6:21:21 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
11/16/2010 6:21:21 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
11/16/2010 6:21:21 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
11/16/2010 6:21:15 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
11/16/2010 6:21:15 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
11/16/2010 6:21:15 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
11/16/2010 6:21:14 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
11/16/2010 6:21:14 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
11/16/2010 6:21:14 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
11/16/2010 6:21:13 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
11/16/2010 6:21:13 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
11/16/2010 6:21:13 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
11/16/2010 6:21:12 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
11/16/2010 6:21:12 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
11/16/2010 6:21:12 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
11/16/2010 6:21:09 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
11/16/2010 6:21:09 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
11/16/2010 6:21:09 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Lo
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:11 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingo View Post
Just installed 42 how can i clear this err also the asp page still does not display the cover art but is display on the stat screen even after i refresh thank Robert

OSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.

Go to the hsroot\html\SonosController subdirectory. Open the SonosControllerMusicPage.aspx file with a regular wordpad or notepad editor.

Search for :
ZoneName = MusicAPI.ZoneName
Replace with
ZoneName = MusicAPI.ZonePlayerName

Save your changes.

I'll have the file updated in next beta or find a new aspx attached.

Dirk

Last edited by dcorsus; November 17th, 2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: removed attachement, more recent available few posts below
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:19 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Lankester View Post
I have just installed V1.0.0.42 and once again had to re-register as the installation had reverted to the "trial" again.

This time I made certain to save the upgrade with HSprotect so I will be interested to see if the next update (V1.0.0.43??) retains my registration details or if I will again have to re-input them.
Toby,

I keep my fingers crossed but I'm not sure what the problem is. I typically upgrade my installs by overwriting the DLL, but this time around I made it a point to use the installer on my development PC (Vista) and HomeSeer PC (Win 7) and had absolutely no problems (apart from the fact that I noted I had packaged in the wrong version of DLL in v1.0.0.41) with the license.

I also uninstalled the prior versions and never had any errors from HS about license.

So best of luck and report back if using the HSProtect did the trick.

Dirk
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Wingo

Hi there that seemed to clear the error but I still do not have any image beside the empty jewel case any thoughts.......tried to refresh etc no luck

Thank You

Robert
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:32 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Hi there that seemed to clear the error but I still do not have any image beside the empty jewel case any thoughts.......tried to refresh etc no luck

Thank You

Robert

Hey Robert,

do you have album art at all? If you go to the HS Device Status page, do you see album art there? If you don't see any album art then I'd suggest you turn debug on, take some traces by switching to different sources that have album art on your controller and email me in private the log.

Here is a run down of what works and what doesn't:

• If the Sonos controller doesn't show album art, then neither will the plug-in because it means that album art is not available. For example, if you play off your home library and it doesn't have album art, then no app will show any. Docked iPods in a WD100 Wireless dock also have no album art.
  • The plug-in uses the exact URL that is provided by Sonos to retrieve the album art, if for whatever reason there is an access right or privelige issue, the album art will be missing. As an example, I've noted that some internet radio stations tend to come in through a replication content provider like an Akamai and I haven't figured out why the server is refusing to provide the album art.
  • The Music page under HS, the problem I have with that is that it doesn't support dynamic updates, as I wrote somewhere else, it is almost a 100% copy of what HS provides. So when the page is rendered, if the album art is still being pulled down by the plug-in, the album art could be missing. Especially when you hit track selects via that page, the info might not be up to date. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it. The reason it is not high on my list of things to improve has in fact to do with that my first priority was to get HS Touch working and there from all the tests I've done, it is rock solid. Other problem with the web page is, if you hit refresh, it will do exactly what you did before, that means if you clicked on a track or play, doing the refresh does it again and you are still not any further

Hopes it helps a bit to let you know what you can expect to work, in hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have added the webpage as it is not meeting people's expectation, thought it was a great way for hobbyists, who most of the folks who are messing around with home automation systems are, to give them a vehicle to create their own extensions.

Maybe the new HS3 will make use of .NET v4 and I can throw in a bunch of AJAX extensions and provide a really great experience or perhaps via Silverlight. Any takers out there ??

Dirk
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:14 PM
pwhite8314

HS3...? bring it on. I am so done with the current UI, I still remember the days of HS, for me that was so much better...I understand the logic of going to a .Net framework, but the HS2 interface seems very old-school now.

anyway, that's a bit OT, so back on topic...am I the only one having issues with keeing HSSpeaker functional? It never actually crashes on me, and it claims to be speaking stuff in it's own log, but it rarely does. The only way to fix it is to change the voice back to one of the crappy Microsoft ones, hit test a few times until it starts speaking, then go back to the good voice (AT&T Chrystal 16bit). Then it'll stick for a while, but after less than a day the whole thing just stops again.
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:42 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhite8314 View Post
...am I the only one having issues with keeing HSSpeaker functional? It never actually crashes on me, and it claims to be speaking stuff in it's own log, but it rarely does. The only way to fix it is to change the voice back to one of the crappy Microsoft ones, hit test a few times until it starts speaking, then go back to the good voice (AT&T Chrystal 16bit). Then it'll stick for a while, but after less than a day the whole thing just stops again.
Allow me to share my limited experience. I had HS running as a service for a while and half the time the speaker wouldn't work either, although I could see in it's log the text showing up that it was supposed to speak. Couldn't figure it out but I did notice in the task manager that there were two instances of speaker running. So my conclusion was (and maybe this is a pointer although I wouldn't know how the type of voice would make a difference) that the output port was grabed by the other instance (or other app) and therefore the speak output would not go anywhere. It was really strange because the speaker wouldn't output anything but using Mediaplayer would work.

Have since then running the HS app as normal app, which translated means, I start it up manually after any restart of the PC. Problem went away.

Suggest that when it stops working (or when it is still working) try to play Media player or iTunes and see of there is a cause and effect, or perhaps any of those windows generated sounds whether they hose up the speaker app.

End of my limited experience

Dirk
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Wingo

Hi there Dirk

yes i do have art in the stat page and it stopped working when you changed the path thing and I have it in the controller....If that helps thanks for the look.....Please do not drop the page support as it is the big reason I got the plugin

Thank You

Robert
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:32 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
and it stopped working when you changed the path thing and I have it in the controller
Now that would be unacceptable, wouldn't it. Just so I have it straight, it stopped all together after the changes I made or it just stopped working for the web-page? I have an idea that I'll try tonight to make sure that the art work is downloaded (that is the change I made) before I render the page

Quote:
Please do not drop the page support as it is the big reason I got the plugin
I guess a reason more to get that sucker working properly then

Any bright web designers out there with suggestions? I think it is easy to refresh the page frequently but I always felt those implementations were a pain in the ***. What I need is something like AJAX so I can just refresh a part of the screen (only album art and track/artist info), but I couldn't figure out how to make AJAX extensions work with HS2 and .NET v2. If your Music DB is large, refreshing the screen and downloading all the track/album/artist/... info is just un-wielding and therefore I think building in a x sec refresh is going to drive users nuts.

Stay tuned

Cheers,

Dirk
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Wingo

Thumbs up

OMG just the web page the stat page is just fine it is that ( XXZXXSDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! asp thing you love so much ......
Old November 17th, 2010, 03:40 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
OMG just the web page the stat page is just fine it is that ( XXZXXSDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! asp thing you love so much ......

Found bug I caused when I changed the whole album art URL stuff.

Find attached a zip file with two .aspx files.

Unzip in temp directory.

Copy Art.aspx to hsroot\html\SonosController\Images

That should fix the album art problem.

Added a new SonosControllerMusicPage.aspx. Copy this file in hs root directory\html\SonosController

Cleaned up the look of the buttons, and if you have a WD100 you should be able to start playing podcasts and audiobooks, although I haven't tested this (webpage) part thoroughly.

I would post a new Installer file but for some mysterious reason is the tool not cooperating and I can't currently build a new installer package. Going to read my book and to bed ....

Dirk

Last edited by dcorsus; November 22nd, 2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: New Beta posted w/ all fixes included. Removed aspx files
Old December 17th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Seer Master

So I just pulled this down tonight to try it out and I must be doing something wrong because I cannot get the plugin to show up in HS at all. I have tried installing it from the download link here as well as through the Updater in HS. I have HSPro 2.5.0.1 running on Win 2008 R2 with .Net 3.5 and all updates installed. Any thoughts?
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:49 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie View Post
So I just pulled this down tonight to try it out and I must be doing something wrong because I cannot get the plugin to show up in HS at all. I have tried installing it from the download link here as well as through the Updater in HS. I have HSPro 2.5.0.1 running on Win 2008 R2 with .Net 3.5 and all updates installed. Any thoughts?
A while back there was someone else who struggled big time with the installer not sure whether he figured out what was wrong but the suspicion was that HS was installed under a specific user account rather than root (or admin or for all users). He found the files under the speaker client directory and he thought that at one point in time he had downloaded the speaker client only and messed up some path settings in the registry.

HS and its plug-in run under .NET 2.0 but I think 3.5 is backward compatible with 2.0 and I don't think that should influence install.

Check in your HS root directory whether you can find the hspi_sonoscontroller.dll file. If it is not there, see if you can find it somewhere else. You should also find a new subdirectory under <hs root>\html\sonoscontroller .. check whether that sub directory was created. The plug-in uses an installer package provided by HomeSeer and it makes use of the registry settings to determine where HS is installed and subsequently works off that.

Here is what HS wrote back then

The installer installs the plugin to the path that is saved in the registry for HS. HS writes one registry entry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2\Installdir

I would assume that as long as he runs the installer under the user where HS is installed, is should install ok. I have never had a problem with this. If HS is installed under user “Joe”, and he uses the Admin account to install, that won’t work.

See if you can find where the files are stored (you can use a dos command. Assuming you use your C: drive
CD C:\
DIR hspi_sonoscontroller.dll /s )

Was there anything special to your HS install? Do other plug-ins install OK?

Hope this helps, else post results here

Dirk
Old December 17th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Seer Master

OK, so just to be sure I uninstalled the plug in and then restarted Homeseer under my account. I then ran the updater an dput 1.0.47 back on and then restarted homeseer again. All the files appear to show up correctly at c:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HSPRO\ except that I do not find an ini file anywhere. I see the HSPI_sonoscontroller.dll get registered at startup of Homeseer and the InstallDir registry key is showing the proper path at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2\Installdir

But in the Homeseer interface I see nothing about the Sonos plugin anywhere, its not listed under Interfaces and its not listed in the Plug-Ins page.

I will try installing some other plug-ins shortly and let you know how those go.
Old December 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
OK, so just to be sure I uninstalled the plug in and then restarted Homeseer under my account. I then ran the updater an dput 1.0.47 back on and then restarted homeseer again. All the files appear to show up correctly at c:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HSPRO\ except that I do not find an ini file anywhere. I see the HSPI_sonoscontroller.dll get registered at startup of Homeseer and the InstallDir registry key is showing the proper path at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2\Installdir

But in the Homeseer interface I see nothing about the Sonos plugin anywhere, its not listed under Interfaces and its not listed in the Plug-Ins page.

I will try installing some other plug-ins shortly and let you know how those go.
The SonosController .ini file will be where all ini files are which is the <hsroot directory>\config directory. So if the plug-in is registered than we are on the right track, it means the installer copied it in the right directory. You may have to go to the SETUP|Interfaces page to "Enable" the plug-in. Once enabled you should see at least one device for the UPNP master and then 2 devices per zone that are reachable.

If you have the plug-in enabled but still nothing shows up, right underneath the "Enable" button on the Setup|interfaces screen for the Sonoscontroller plug-in, you see a "Config" button, click that, set debug flag on, save it, restart HS and send me the log.

Forgot to ask the obvious, are there any errors in your log when you restart HS?

Let me know how it went

Dirk
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Seer Master

That is the issue, the Sonos Controller does not show up at all on the SETUP|Interfaces page. Also when I look in my hsroot\config directory I do not see a sonoscontroller.ini file.

Also, no my homeseer log is all but empty.
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:20 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
That is the issue, the Sonos Controller does not show up at all on the SETUP|Interfaces page. Also when I look in my hsroot\config directory I do not see a sonoscontroller.ini file.

Also, no my homeseer log is all but empty.
The Sonoscontroller.ini file is created when the plug-in gets activated so in your case it seems that the plug-in gets registered ( which means HS found it) for some mysterious reason, it doesn't show up in the plug-in list, that's very odd. You said NO ERRORS in the start-up log when you restart HS and you let it run until everything is initialized? At this point I'm a bit at a loss. Have you browsed the HomeSeer forum for a similar issue? Try it with another plug-in and see how that goes. Are any plug-ins showing up in that list? Maybe a screenshot of the plug-in list?

Dirk
Old December 18th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Seer Master

I'm trying to link and unlink TTS groups from a script in homeseer but can't figure out how.

in the help file, I found this:

Quote:
If your speech is generated for example by another script, you will have to setup the actions in a different way. There are 4 distinct steps:

1. Generate an action to Link your zones for TTS
2. Run a script that waits until the plug-in has linked the zones. This script is provided with the Sonoscontroller install and is called “SonosTTSWait” and can be found in the <HS Root>\Scripts subdirectory
3. Do your thing here, call whatever scripts you have to call that generate speech. Make sure you always click the “Wait for script to finish” flag.
4. Generate an action to Unlink your zones for TTS.
Items 1 and 4 are where I block. The only way I found to link and unlink is by using the link buttons on the status page or the speak proxy function. However, the speak proxy is only temporary and then returns the settings to their initial state afterward.

Also, I didn't see any API function to link and unlink...

So, how do I link to a TTS group from code ?
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:44 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran_joel View Post
I'm trying to link and unlink TTS groups from a script in homeseer but can't figure out how.

in the help file, I found this:

Items 1 and 4 are where I block. The only way I found to link and unlink is by using the link buttons on the status page or the speak proxy function. However, the speak proxy is only temporary and then returns the settings to their initial state afterward.

Also, I didn't see any API function to link and unlink...

So, how do I link to a TTS group from code ?
Hi there,

could you perhaps describe what you want to do. Is it sending an announcement to a group or just group / ungroup. Secondly, are you trying to do this from a script or is the help file unclear and you concluded you need a script?

If it is just a simple announcement, saying something:
- set the proxy flag in the config page
- create your linkgroup and set TTS flag
- and save it
- create an event and in the action page, select "Speak"
- click on "Switch to Advanced View" (Top right corner of screen)
- write your text in the text box
- select "wait for speech to finish"
- Enter the speaker client (which you can find at the bottom of the setup page under Host:Instance) pre-pended with the $SONOS$xxxx$ prefix, where xxxx is the name of the linkgroup you created
- save it

If you want, you can call this event from any script if that is the plan and that should be all for simple announcements.

If you you want to link groups:
- create your linkgroup and DON'T set TTS flag
- and save it

You can now generate an action for this button from any script when you want to turn the link group on, or generate an action for the off button, whenever you're done.

The example you quote is a more specific and complicated case, where a user wants to call a script, that generates the text (BLRANDOM for example), rather than just simple text. Because the script that was generating the actual speech (BLRandom) wasn't waiting until it completed, the zones were getting unlinked before the speech complete, therefore this particular way.

If you don't like to create events and you want to do everything from a larger script that you use, the steps are very similar:

- No need to set the proxy flag in the config page
- create your linkgroup and set TTS flag if you plan to stream something from the input port or NOT set TTS if you just want to link zones
- and save it
- from you script call HS to generate event for the Link button
- do from your script what you wanted to do, which could be calling HS.Speak or call some spefic track or playlist
- When done, call from your script an event to generate button event to unlink

Does that make sense?

Dirk