New MyHomeSeer Remote Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MyHomeSeer Remote Server

Due to heavy load on the MyHomeSeer Remote server, the server service has been re-written. The re-write greatly improves performance and reliability. The change however requires a change to the HS3 application. To further use the service you must update your HS3 installation as follows:

* If you are using HS3 version 3.0.0.96, you can update to 3.0.0.97, which is available here:

Download HS3 release 3.0.0.97

* If you are using a later version, you can update your Beta to version 3.0.0.143 or later, available here:

Latest HS3 Beta

If you are using a HomeTroller SEL or Zee, go into Setup and click the "Check for Updates" button to get the latest version. You need version 3.0.0.141 or later.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Hi - I'm using 3.0.0.101 Pro on my Hometroller Pro S5. It came with this version as I have not elected to run a beta. But, it does not make sense to load .97 though.

So - what do those of us with Hometrollers do?

Thanks!

Comment

I tried a re-install again this morning, same problems.. I tried to re-enter license numbers.. no avail.. also lost z-wave this time
      will leave installed for a few, hoping for a fix before reverting again
      Last edited by gearyt; November 12, 2014, 12:48 PM.
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

If you are still getting the zwave database errors, check the Data/Z-Wave folder for a lock file, delete it if so.

What is the error with your plugins?

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
        I tried a re-install again this morning, same problems.. I tried to re-enter license numbers.. no avail.. also lost z-wave this time
        will leave installed for a few, hoping for a fix before reverting again

Comment

I give up.. I will wait for the next update

Comment

What problem are you seeing? We are planning on making .143 the next release, there won't be another update for a while. We are not seeing any issues on any of the systems we are running.

I give up.. I will wait for the next update

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              What problem are you seeing? We are planning on making .143 the next release, there won't be another update for a while. We are not seeing any issues on any of the systems we are running.
              I will Try the Admin thing above.. I have not had problems with any other update for months..
              i sent you the error messages.. looks like a permission thing. admin should address

will advise tomorrow

Comment

Very odd, I tested the installer on Win 8.1 with UAC enabled and it was fine. Check the permission on the HS install folder and make sure its set to "full control" for "Everyone". And apply this to sub folders. This is what the installer is suppose to be doing.

I will Try the Admin thing above.. I have not had problems with any other update for months..
                i sent you the error messages.. looks like a permission thing. admin should address

will advise tomorrow

Comment

Myhomeseer connections have been crap since this update. Most of the time it will not connect. When it does, it takes minutes.

Something didn't go as planned.

I was able to connect all day today, then around 5pm. I couldn't connect any more. Still cant. It just hangs when you click login. Then you sit as it says it is trying to load https://connect2.homeseer.com
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                  Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                  Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Still happening now? I just tried it and it connected immediately, I have yet to see an issue, but I certainly want to know if anyone is having a problem. Is this with HSTouch or Web page access?

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                    Myhomeseer connections have been crap since this update. Most of the time it will not connect. When it does, it takes minutes.

Something didn't go as planned.

I was able to connect all day today, then around 5pm. I couldn't connect any more. Still cant. It just hangs when you click login. Then you sit as it says it is trying to load https://connect2.homeseer.com

Comment

Yes, still cant log in. I let the attached page stew for 3 minutes.
                      Attached Files

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I assume your are running HS3 .97 or .143?

Yes, still cant log in. I let the attached page stew for 3 minutes.

Comment

Yes .97 I upgraded it after the change last week killed my clients machines and pissed them off. They heavily use MyHomeseer.

Comment

running as Admin did trick.. no idea why the installer stopped.. but I am up

Comment

Odd, before the changes, MyHS was not very reliable.

To see if the issue is on the server or the client, can you go to myhs.homeseer.com and log in with:

user: demo@homeseer.com
                              pass: demo100

Can you log in ok? I just tried it from my home and logged in fine.

Yes .97 I upgraded it after the change last week killed my clients machines and pissed them off. They heavily use MyHomeseer.

Comment

Working...
                              X