SmartStick+ Errors - API Transmit Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SmartStick+ Errors - API Transmit Queue

I switched from the ZTroller to the new smartstick+ yesterday. I started receiving errors and devices stop responding. I upgraded to the latest beta of the zwave plugin and I am running HS3 .206 but still the error starts filling up the log.

I knew I should have stayed on the ztroller!.

Oct-04 12:59:31 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).
    Oct-04 12:58:31 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).
    Oct-04 12:57:31 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).

Do you have the Stick on a dedicated USB port. It appears that the stick is not being detected from time to time and this can happen if the stick doesn't have enough power. My suggestion would be to add a USB powered hub which will give you more power for the device and allow you to get the device away from the PC giving you much improved range.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp

Yes, it is plugged directly into the PC. The Ztroller was plugged into the same port with no issues

-Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mbreeden View Post
        Rupp

Yes, it is plugged directly into the PC. The Ztroller was plugged into the same port with no issues
        The Sticks need more power than the Z-Troller does. Look at the root hub that the stick is plugged into and see if it's a shared port and possibly splitting power with another USB device.

Comment

I switched from the ZTroller to the new smartstick+ yesterday. I started receiving errors and devices stop responding. I upgraded to the latest beta of the zwave plugin and I am running HS3 .206 but still the error starts filling up the log.

I knew I should have stayed on the ztroller!.

Oct-04 12:59:31 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).
          Oct-04 12:58:31 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).
          Oct-04 12:57:31 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).
          That's the first I've seen of this. Two things to try:
          1. Change to Another USB port
          2. Make sure that power mgmt is turned off for your USB Root Hub devices in Windows Device Mgr

Comment

I verified all USB ports on my machine. Power management was turned off. The required power for the device was 1000 or 100 and the USB port had 5000 or 500 available. It does not seem to be a power issue.

Comment

Have you verified the com port number in Windows Device Manager? Don't just use the same port setting that the Z-Troller was using. That may now be the wrong port

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

The com port is set correctly in HS3. What is the proper settings for the com port in Windows? There was nothing in the instructions on the com port settings!

Comment

The com port is set correctly in HS3. What is the proper settings for the com port in Windows? There was nothing in the instructions on the com port settings!

Open the Windows Device Manager and expand the section "Ports (COM & LPT). Look for the UZB entry. That will indicate the correct COM port setting. In this example, it's COM6. Then be sure to choose COM6 when setting up the interface and make sure the interface is enabled (with green check mark)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mark:

I have no issues with the smartstick working with HS3. The systems see the device and it can control my z-wave network. The issue is that I am getting those errors frequently!! Some times to the point that I have to restart HS3 and the Server to get them responding properly.

I have had no issues with my network since moving to HS3 and the ZTroller. This issue happened when I move to the new interface

The com port setting in windows is 9600, 8, none none, should that be set differently?

- Mike

Comment

Mark:

I have no issues with the smartstick working with HS3. The systems see the device and it can control my z-wave network. The issue is that I am getting those errors frequently!! Some times to the point that I have to restart HS3 and the Server to get them responding properly.

I have had no issues with my network since moving to HS3 and the ZTroller. This issue happened when I move to the new interface

The com port setting in windows is 9600, 8, none none, should that be set differently?

- Mike
                      try these:
                      Attached Files

Comment

All settings are correct. Still seeing same issues

Comment

I would suggest reinstalling the drivers: http://homeseer.com/updates3/SmartStickPlusDriver.zip

If that doesn't work, then you may have a defective stick.

Comment

Mark:

Sorry was out of town for a few days. I verified that I have the most up to date driver. (per your link). I deleted it from the PC and reinstalled. I will monitor it from now on. I did notice that I am now getting these messages in my log:

Z-Wave Warning SmartStick+ : Secure message received from node 114 but the data length is too short. (Not Processed)

I seem to be getting them from my door locks and Garage door device. They appear by themselves and with intermixed with the original error.

- Mike

Comment

Can you post your message board support profile per this vid?
                              https://youtu.be/MF6wRAdD7hY

Comment

Working...
                              X