No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta 3.0.0.332->356

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated to .337 from .318. I can confirm no errors at startup and all plugins looked to be ok and registered (I disabled HSTouch prior). I can also confirm 2 major issues, HSTouch does work to control things, but nothing changes on the screens for status updates and also cameras if left on the screen for more than a couple minutes brings the entire HSTouch ecosystem to its knees. To be fair, the latter issue has been there for even in the previous versions of HSTouch. HSTouch doesn't work across iPhone/Android/Windows Clients, and also doesn't seem to matter if its a custom or stock solutions. I am rolling back to .318 to get HSTouch back.

I am also seeing this error in the logs:

DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to find assembly 'HSPI_HSTOUCH, Version=3.0.0.68, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Source=mscorlib

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      I updated to .337 from .318. I can confirm no errors at startup and all plugins looked to be ok and registered (I disabled HSTouch prior). I can also confirm 2 major issues, HSTouch does work to control things, but nothing changes on the screens for status updates and also cameras if left on the screen for more than a couple minutes brings the entire HSTouch ecosystem to its knees. To be fair, the latter issue has been there for even in the previous versions of HSTouch. HSTouch doesn't work across iPhone/Android/Windows Clients, and also doesn't seem to matter if its a custom or stock solutions. I am rolling back to .318 to get HSTouch back.

I am also seeing this error in the logs:

DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to find assembly 'HSPI_HSTOUCH, Version=3.0.0.68, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Source=mscorlib
      Can you check if you have an event performing hstouch actions?You might need to reselect the correct action to perform

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
        Can you check if you have an event performing hstouch actions?You might need to reselect the correct action to perform

Wim
        Thanks for that. You are probably right (already reverted back to 318). I do have a few events that change my HS screens depending on the time of day or events happening in the house.

I will hold off on testing again until Rich gets the current issue of things not updating in HSTouch fixed.

Comment

[QUOTE=waynehead99;1314060I will hold off on testing again until Rich gets the current issue of things not updating in HSTouch fixed.[/QUOTE]I would really like to see some activity on this as well. On my system it is predictable and repeatable. Any version later than 3.0.0.318 does not update the status on my HSTouch clients, going back to .318 cures the problem.

I would have thought by now we would have seen some desire to correct the problem, but so far there has been no evidence.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I would have thought by now we would have seen some desire to correct the problem, but so far there has been no evidence.
            Hi Randy,

Sorry for your continued trouble. Maybe we can compare notes and resolve the update problem. I have been running .137 for a couple of days now and have not had the client update problem. I understand that there are variables for each configuration that may cause one to experience an issue and another to work fine.

I had a very strange occurrence one time that also caused the client to not update but it would control the devices. I tried to control a lamp from my Bedroom PIPO (Windows Client) and the lamp turned off but the status did not update. I looked in the HS3 log and noticed that the Client had disconnected, or at least it thought that it was disconnected because it still turned the lamp off. I do not know if maybe that is some condition that makes HS3 think the client is offline for status updates but receives the command for control. In my case I exited the client application and restarted and everything worked good again. I know yours is more complex than this but there must be some system configuration or events that cause your symptoms.

3.0.0.137 has actually been running very good for me. I would be willing to help anyway that I can.

Bob

Comment

Randy,

I just remembered that Rich added a flag on the Setup>Network page that enables detailed logging for HSTouch. Maybe you could capture the log for your client to HS3 during a device control event.

Bob

Comment

Bob, I'm still on. 318 Linux with 20 plus days of runtime and I'm seeing this error. If I launch hstouch on my phone and toggle my virtual home away device it will trigger the event but the status icon will not update. I have to restart my phone client to get the status to update. I'd be willing to bet money if I reboot Homeseer the problem will go away. However, it will eventually return.
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

In regards to the update problem some of you are seeing. I would love it fix it, but I cannot recreate it!

Can you enable debug logging in HSTouch (settings are now on the Network tab in setup). Then turn on or off a device that is not updating and then post the log snippet. You should see the update going through HSTouch. I would like to see how far it goes.

Also, maybe a plugin is causing an error. Can you disable all your plugins except the ones you need for the device you are controlling and see if the updates then work ok. However, HS now sends updates directly to HSTouch first, before any plugins, so I don't suspect this.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich,

I just broke my system by turning on the Detailed Logging flag. Now my status updates do not work. I restarted the client which did not help. I will wait to restart the HS3 application until you determine if you need further. I have attached a screenshot of the log.

Bob
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rich,

Are you still looking into the plugin loading issue? It seems to be resolved for some by removing HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe before upgrading, or repairing the HS3 installation, both do not work for me. Note that "repair" is not an option on Linux.

For now, I am loading those plugin in a separate session, so they show up as a remote plugin. That seems to work just fine.

If there is anything I can do or test, let me know.

Thanks!
                      stefxx

Comment

Rich,

If I set the Detailed Logging flag and then restart HS3 I get the logging information and status updates work. If I uncheck Detailed Logging then my status updates stop working.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                          Hi Rich,

Are you still looking into the plugin loading issue? It seems to be resolved for some by removing HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe before upgrading, or repairing the HS3 installation, both do not work for me. Note that "repair" is not an option on Linux.

For now, I am loading those plugin in a separate session, so they show up as a remote plugin. That seems to work just fine.

If there is anything I can do or test, let me know.

Thanks!
                          Same here - some plugins will not load - errors posted above...
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Turned on debugging and this is what I got. The repeated thermostat messages continued even after I killed HS Touch on the iPad. Don't know what all the Android errors are about since I was on the iPad.

Jul-07 11:55:28 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:55:28:2167 ~ SendToClient Android:Android Data:THERMOSTATCHANGE|241[3]1[3]1[3]76[3]73[3]76[3]2[3]1[3]0[3]2[3]1[3]True[2]
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:55:28:2167 ~ THERMOSTAT Change detected
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:55:28:2167 ~ Refreshing thermostat info
                            Jul-07 11:55:24 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:55:24:1000 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:54:53 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:54:53:8467 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:54:23 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:54:23:6877 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:53:53 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:53:53:5241 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:53:28 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:53:28:2155 ~ SendToClient Android:Android Data:THERMOSTATCHANGE|241[3]1[3]1[3]76[3]73[3]76[3]2[3]1[3]0[3]2[3]1[3]True[2]
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:53:28:2155 ~ THERMOSTAT Change detected
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:53:28:2155 ~ Refreshing thermostat info
                            Jul-07 11:53:23 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:53:23:3472 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:52:53 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:52:53:2092 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:52:23 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:52:23:0296 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:51:52 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:51:52:8748 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:51:28 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:51:28:2108 ~ SendToClient Android:Android Data:THERMOSTATCHANGE|241[3]1[3]1[3]76[3]73[3]76[3]2[3]1[3]0[3]2[3]1[3]True[2]
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:51:28:2108 ~ THERMOSTAT Change detected
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:51:28:2108 ~ Refreshing thermostat info
                            Jul-07 11:51:22 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:51:22:7262 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:50:52 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:50:52:5712 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:50:22 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:50:22:3791 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:49:52 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:49:52:2001 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:49:28 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:49:28:1979 ~ SendToClient Android:Android Data:THERMOSTATCHANGE|241[3]1[3]1[3]76[3]73[3]76[3]2[3]1[3]0[3]2[3]1[3]True[2]
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:49:28:1979 ~ THERMOSTAT Change detected
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:49:28:1979 ~ Refreshing thermostat info
                            Jul-07 11:49:22 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:49:22:0146 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:48:51 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:51:8532 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:48:33 AM
                            HSTouch Server
                            Client Phil's iPad named Phil's iPad has DISCONNECTED.
                            ASR
                            Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
                            Speaker
                            Speaker host disconnected, Name: DELL IP address: 192.168.1.139
                            HSTouch Server
                            Client Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad (192.168.1.145/59952) has raised LineDisconnected.
                            HSTouch Server Warning
                            Client dropped connection 192.168.1.145/59952
                            Jul-07 11:48:28 AM
                            Z-Wave
                            Device: Den Mantle Set to 0
                            Device Control
                            Device: Den Mantle to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:28:0345 ~ CAPIHandleStatus, commandff
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:28:0345 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:capihandlestatus
                            Jul-07 11:48:24 AM
                            Z-Wave
                            Device: Den Mantle Set to 99
                            Jul-07 11:48:23 AM
                            Device Control
                            Device: Den Mantle to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:23:9851 ~ CAPIHandleStatus, commandn
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:23:9851 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:capihandlestatus
                            Jul-07 11:48:21 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:21:6978 ~ Client command: (Android:Android) REQ:null
                            Jul-07 11:48:14 AM
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:8571 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:energygetall
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:8516 ~ SendToClient Android:Android Data:THERMOSTATCHANGE|241[3]1[3]1[3]76[3]73[3]76[3]2[3]1[3]0[3]2[3]1[3]True[2]
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:8516 ~ SendToClient Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad Data:THERMOSTATCHANGE|241[3]1[3]1[3]76[3]73[3]76[3]2[3]1[3]0[3]2[3]1[3]True[2]
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:8516 ~ THERMOSTAT Change detected
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:8516 ~ Refreshing thermostat info
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:8516 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getthermostatinfo
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:8354 ~ SendToClient ThermInfo Data:241[3]Thermostat[3]Thermostat[3]1[3]1[4]1[3]True[3]True[3]True[3]False[3]False[3]True[3]0[6]
                            THERM NUM
                            Thermostat: 1
                            DEBUG
                            Saving therm num:1
                            DEBUG
                            Detected thermnumber was not previously saved, using index numbers
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:8198 ~ Got data from Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad : COMMAND|16|GETALLTHERMOSTATS|
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:8198 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getallthermostats
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7885 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getdevicecontrolall
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7729 ~ Got data from Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad : COMMAND|14|GETDEVICECAPISTATUSALL|
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7729 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getdevicecapistatusall
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7358 ~ Got data from Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad : COMMAND|13|GETALLDEVICES|
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7358 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getalldevices
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7202 ~ array 0isplay->LocationLabel2->settings.ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7202 ~ Got GetINISetting request data from Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad : COMMAND|12|GETINISETTING|Display|LocationLabel2|settings.ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7202 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getinisetting
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7202 ~ array 0isplay->LocationLabel1->settings.ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7202 ~ Got GetINISetting request data from Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad : COMMAND|11|GETINISETTING|Display|LocationLabel1|settings.ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7202 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getinisetting
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7202 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:musiccount
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7046 ~ Got data from Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad : COMMAND|9|GETALLEVENTS|
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7046 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getallevents
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7046 ~ array 0:Settings->weatherapikey->hspi_HSTouch.ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7046 ~ Got GetINISetting request data from Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad : COMMAND|8|GETINISETTING|Settings|weatherapikey|hspi_HSTouch. ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7046 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getinisetting
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7046 ~ array 0:Settings->latitude->settings.ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7046 ~ Got GetINISetting request data from Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad : COMMAND|7|GETINISETTING|Settings|latitude|settings.ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:7046 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getinisetting
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6890 ~ array 0:Settings->longitude->settings.ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6890 ~ Got GetINISetting request data from Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad : COMMAND|6|GETINISETTING|Settings|longitude|settings.ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6890 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getinisetting
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6890 ~ array 0:Settings->screenpasscode->HSPI_HSTouch.ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6890 ~ Got GetINISetting request data from Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad : COMMAND|5|GETINISETTING|Settings|screenpasscode|HSPI_HSTouch .ini
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6890 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:getinisetting
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6733 ~ Logging in user prnorton1@att.net
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6733 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:authenticateenc
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6577 ~ Returning version: 3|3.0.0.0|3.0.0.337
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6577 ~ Client command: (Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad) REQ:versions
                            Speaker
                            Speaker host added, Name: Dell Instance: Phil's iPad IP address: 192.168.1.139
                            HSTouch Server
                            Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.1.139
                            HSTouch Server
                            Client Phil's iPad (192.168.1.145/59952) named Phil's iPad has CONNECTED.
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:6356 ~ CONNECT from client: Phil's iPad:Phil's iPad:2:0.0:6
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:14:0357 ~ Adding client 192.168.1.145 to client table with key 37
                            HSTouch Server
                            Opening connection from:192.168.1.145/59952
                            Jul-07 11:48:13 AM
                            Info
                            The user prnorton1@att.net, was added to the system due to a login from HSTouch through MyHS. This feature may be disabled in setup.
                            HSTouch Server Debug
                            11:48:13:9574 ~ Adding client 192.168.1.139 to client table with key 36
                            HSTouch Server
                            Opening connection from:192.168.1.139/51424

Comment

With all the discussion on Status Update on the HSTouch client I checked it's functionality. I've never really noticed if it worked or not as I just hibernated the client when I switched the device. When I reactivate the client the current status is reported correctly. I dont think that function ever worked on my client either.

Well it appears that if I don't hibernate the client the current device status is not reported correctly. When I take the client out of hibernation the HSTouch briefly flashes "Getting Data" so some form of polling to the devices is happening here.

Maybe that polling or device refresh is missing between the server and the client.

Comment

You pointed me to some fragile code where a thread could easily be killed, and it that happens, status stops working. Maybe this is what is happening to some. Found the issue, put in a fix, and also changed it so that thread cannot exit.

I have posted update 338, please update to that and see if it helps with status updates. If not, enable debug logging and post a log section showing an update.

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
                                Rich,

If I set the Detailed Logging flag and then restart HS3 I get the logging information and status updates work. If I uncheck Detailed Logging then my status updates stop working.

Bob
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X