No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HS3 Beta build 3.0.0.449

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The start up order is the order in which you enable the plugins. But like you said, if you disable one and re-enable, it will go to the end of the list.

I am not aware of a reason why any plugin needs to start in any particular order. Plugins should not be dependent on other plugins. If they are, they need to be coded to keep checking if the dependent plugin is loaded.

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
    Rich,

In the last set of Betas you changed the option to let us select the order Plugins are loaded and you control this by changing the io_interfaces= line in the ini file.

Issue is, when a plugin is turned off and turned on (like I always do for updating them), it alters the line in the ini file and always puts it at the end of the line.

Is there a way to protect this?

My work around is to replace the ini file with my version before the system starts. My worry is that a new version of HS3 has a new line item in the ini file and I will miss it with my restore script.

Michael
    Last edited by rjh; June 11, 2018, 12:33 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Data was being saved every 2.5 seconds (if there was something to save). Now it only saves every 1 minute and at shutdown. So if you create a device, then pull the power before the next 1 minute save, you will lose that data. So I would not do that!
      Thank you. Once a minute is often enough for me.

Despite the fact I have reached the age where I can hide my own Easter eggs, I think I can remember changes I have made within the last minute
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I think this is ok, but it may be a little odd. When you save something, you expect it to be saved. What I may do is force a save if the change is done manually, like from the UI. Other changes like status changes, device property changes, temp events like delayed events, etc. would be saved on the interval.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Thank you. Once a minute is often enough for me.

Despite the fact I have reached the age where I can hide my own Easter eggs, I think I can remember changes I have made within the last minute

Comment

I think it would be really helpful to have a text log file that logs any changes you make to events or devices (not states or anything automatic) just manual changes so if you loose your database or have to roll back to a backup or delete an event or just want to see when you changed something you could open the file and see what you did and when:-)

Comment

Is the word 'not' missing from the sentence?
            As in: Plugins should not be dependent on other plugins.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            The start up order is the order in which you enable the plugins. But like you said, if you disable one and re-enable, it will go to the end of the list.

I am not aware of a reason why any plugin needs to start in any particular order. Plugins should be dependent on other plugins. If they are, they need to be coded to keep checking if the dependent plugin is loaded.

Comment

You are correct, thanks, I fixed the post.

Originally posted by TallTM View Post
              Is the word 'not' missing from the sentence?
              As in: Plugins should not be dependent on other plugins.

Comment

So... HomeSeer has issues on Windows 10 with the 1803 update. FYI.
                At least with my setup.

The first day is HS running on Windows 10 with 1803 installed (started around June 9, 11 AM). The second day (starting at June 10, approx. 3PM or 15:00) is HomeSeer 3 with the exact same software solutions installed (HS3, plugins, OneDrive, any other software like Belkin Network USB, StartupDelayerk, etc, etc).

The two virtual machines are "exactly" the same, just that one is running Win10 1803 update and the other is running Win7. They run on the same ESXi setup with the same datastore, and the same hardware configuration. Before the 1803 update Windows 10 behaved like the Windows 7 version:
                • Thread count is stable (average = 211-215 threads)
                • Memory usage is stableized after a few hours (average = 148 MB)
                • CPU usage usually averages around 11%

The difference is huge.

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Curious whether you have integrated use of Cortana with the update of Windows 10 to version 1803 (Redstone)?

Windows 8.1 embedded seems is working fine but still like Windows 7 embedded more.

Just configured a new laptop with current version of Windows 10 Professional 64 bit using voice prompts and it worked fine. Maybe shutting off Cortana might help some.

Here doing voice on HS3 Pro machine running Linux via an Oracle Virtual Box configured with SAPI and multiple instances of speaker dot exe; kind of a hodgepodge of OS's on the base Ubuntu machine.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

.445 has been running ok on my server 2012 R2 box. Handles have been steady at around 1300 and CPU usage has been low. Memory seems a little high but has not seemed to increase over time.

My issues is the following errors started in the log each hour about the same time and I am having trouble trying to figure out what is causing them:

Jun-12 12:03:01 Error BuildDeviceVoiceCommands error (1), Object reference not set to an instance of an object., Scheduler
                    Jun-12 12:03:01 Error BuildDeviceVoiceCommands error (1), Object reference not set to an instance of an object., Scheduler

It is always six errors and always around 3 minutes after the hour.

This only started when I moved to .445.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Michael
                    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Might be something with the config of one of your devices, does not look important so I have removed the message.

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                      .445 has been running ok on my server 2012 R2 box. Handles have been steady at around 1300 and CPU usage has been low. Memory seems a little high but has not seemed to increase over time.

My issues is the following errors started in the log each hour about the same time and I am having trouble trying to figure out what is causing them:

It is always six errors and always around 3 minutes after the hour.

This only started when I moved to .445.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Curious whether you have integrated use of Cortana with the update of Windows 10 to version 1803 (Redstone)?
                        [...]
                        Just configured a new laptop with current version of Windows 10 Professional 64 bit using voice prompts and it worked fine. Maybe shutting off Cortana might help some.
                        Is this speculation...?
                        I can't see how HS3 should interere more with Cortana now.
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I can't see how HS3 should interere more with Cortana now.

It is the other way around. Windows 10 is more a cloud based application these days.

Everything done or running on a Windows 10 desktop / laptop interacts with Microsoft making Microsoft Windows 10 the ultimate experience.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Everything done or running on a Windows 10 desktop / laptop interacts with Microsoft making Microsoft Windows 10 the ultimate experience.
                            Yeah, but Cortana causing the thread and memory issues for HS3.exe is a bit extreme, though.

I love the 1803 update on my desktop and on my Surface. And the other VMs running Windows 10 are behaving just fine. It's just HomeSeer that's acting up.

Comment

Way back here did a custom Windows 10 lite installation tweaking it not to chatter on the internet. Over time all my modes were reversed.

There is a custom Windows 10 lite version ISO out there in internetlandia with is very similar to Windows 8.1 embedded. Maybe give that one a try.

Or maybe try Homeseer 3 on Linux. Microsoft owns Mono now.

Here on the HS3 Pro machine running Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit with concurrent Microsoft Virtual boxes for SAPI (and have tried other Microsoft only plugins) not having any issues of utilization.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Or maybe try Homeseer 3 on Linux. Microsoft owns Mono now.
                                Scripting support on Linux is still too weak for that.

No, my conclusion is that it's either HomeSeer or Windows 10 1803 who is acting up.
                                It could be either. Or both.

Comment

Working...
                                X