www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer International Forums and User Groups > International Forums & All User Groups > International User Groups > Australasia

Australasia Discussions relating to the use of HomeSeer in the Australia and New Zealand area.

Old April 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Seer

All,
As per my previous post - I just found out the 10% Discount Voucher at http://www.diyhomeautomation.com.au is their April Promo!

So whilst their prices are heaps cheaper than anywhere else, I'd suggest signing up ASAP so you can get the voucher
-Gwumm
Old July 7th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwumm View Post
G'day... Yeah I bought some stuff from Smart Home. VERY Expensive for what they are offering, and a very limited offering, however it does work after a lot of configuration changes in HS.
hey sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm finally going to buy from smarthome.com.au. How hard was it to get these going in Homeseer? sounds like it was messy?

if you have the homeseer home troller, do you need to get additional hardware for it to speak to z wave devices? doesn't look like you do.

Cheers
Old August 1st, 2012, 08:37 AM
Super Seer

you would need to ensure the hometroller is for the right frequency, i think it might actually be American only, not Australian frequency but since i don't (yet) run Z-Wave i could be wrong.

I think normally you just need the Z-Wave USB controller, and then the Z-Wave devices, whereby the more devices you have the better the reception or reliability is suppose to become (because of the mesh networking)
Old October 21st, 2012, 12:39 AM
DV8

Hello

Thanks to all for the wealth of knowledge on these forums. I am fairly new to HomeSeer, I bought HSPro about 9 months ago. I am skilling up while my new house gets built and glad to see more zwave options lately in the Aus frequency.

Currently my Homeseer setup is pretty basic, I am using a Zwave USB key, one zwave plug in switch, webcam xp, sqblaster and hs touch for testing purposes. I am running HSPro on a dedicated dual core laptop with xppro and office 2003 for voicecontrol/TTS/HS Speaker. I haven't heard of any voice rec that works any better than office 2003 with adaptive turned off tho I am open to input.

I have budget in the house build for around 35 zwave mini in wall Switch/dimmer controllers and a few outdoor switches, 4 motor control, ac (i may use sqblaster for this), a couple sqblasters, some cameras and a couple sensors.

I work with a seasoned HS enthusiast that will hopefully assist me on the macros I plan on having but all in all my setup will be pretty straight forward...my wife needs to be able to use it after all, my Harmony One IR setup has spoiled her so far

I look forward to diving into it a lot more over coming months and I hope to not annoy anyone with silly questions, troll the forums before asking is my motto.

Cheers,
Dan
Old May 2nd, 2018, 09:10 AM
Viewer

Water meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
Thanks to all for the wealth of knowledge on these forums. I am fairly new to HomeSeer, I bought HSPro about 9 months ago. I am skilling up while my new house gets built and glad to see more zwave options lately in the Aus frequency.

Currently my Homeseer setup is pretty basic, I am using a Zwave USB key, one zwave plug in switch, webcam xp, sqblaster and hs touch for testing purposes. I am running HSPro on a dedicated dual core laptop with xppro and office 2003 for voicecontrol/TTS/HS Speaker. I haven't heard of any voice rec that works any better than office 2003 with adaptive turned off tho I am open to input.

I have budget in the house build for around 35 zwave mini in wall Switch/dimmer controllers and a few outdoor switches, 4 motor control, ac (i may use sqblaster for this), a couple sqblasters, some cameras and a couple sensors.

I work with a seasoned HS enthusiast that will hopefully assist me on the macros I plan on having but all in all my setup will be pretty straight forward...my wife needs to be able to use it after all, my Harmony One IR setup has spoiled her so far

I look forward to diving into it a lot more over coming months and I hope to not annoy anyone with silly questions, troll the forums before asking is my motto.

Cheers,
Dan
Hi Dan,

I'm in a very similar position you were in a few years ago, though I don't have the luxury of knowing anyone with homeseer.

I am researching at the moment, but think i'll just dive in and purchase pro. The thing i'm worried about is the choice of products available with the Australian frequency. I am trying to find some way to measure water flow, nothing comes in the Australian frequency and if it does it's not compatible with Homeseer.

How have you found the selection of products?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Cheers,

Aaron
Old May 4th, 2018, 10:45 PM
Seer Plus

I have been using Insteon devices in my house for a number of years after converting from x10. They are reliable and you can get them both in Australia and in the US.

they work with Homeseer, Google home, Alexa and most other devices.

as they are dual mesh (both powerline and RF) they are very reliable.