www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old May 15th, 2018, 01:34 AM
Viewer

Google Home with Insteon Group/Scene

I've been using the plugin with my Google Home just fine with a minor exception. Groups/Scenes will not appear in the Google Home app under Home Control.

I can make dummy devices that show up in Google Home. All Groups have the "Voice command:" box checked and I have even re-synced Google Home to verify they are not added.
Old May 15th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rinsb3lt View Post
I've been using the plugin with my Google Home just fine with a minor exception. Groups/Scenes will not appear in the Google Home app under Home Control.

I can make dummy devices that show up in Google Home. All Groups have the "Voice command:" box checked and I have even re-synced Google Home to verify they are not added.
i don't have a google home to test, but i can confirm groups show in the Alexa app. If you can identify what is missing from the insteon group devices, i can update the plugin.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.23 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old May 15th, 2018, 11:57 PM
Viewer

If you could point me in the direction of where to check for the missing pieces I'm more then willing to help out.
Old May 16th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
If you could point me in the direction of where to check for the missing pieces I'm more then willing to help out.
what version of the plugin are you using? the current release 3.0.6.0 probably isn't setting the Status Graphics correctly. this should be resolved in the latest beta when you create a group.

to fix your existing groups:

goto the group hs device, edit it, and set the "control use" drop down for On and Off respectively
Old May 16th, 2018, 11:25 PM
Viewer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
what version of the plugin are you using? the current release 3.0.6.0 probably isn't setting the Status Graphics correctly. this should be resolved in the latest beta when you create a group.

to fix your existing groups:

goto the group hs device, edit it, and set the "control use" drop down for On and Off respectively

That did the trick! Thank you!
Old May 17th, 2018, 06:38 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
That did the trick! Thank you!
glad its working. consider updating to the latest beta to avoid this the next time you create an insteon group.