www.homeseer.com    
 

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion

HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion Discussions related to the released version of HS3/HS3PRO

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 15th, 2018, 08:16 PM
whoa_nelly whoa_nelly is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13
Frustrated, no help, no guides...



So far Im really digging the Homeseer thing. Got my system setup, added some sensors, door lock, garage door opener (even tho it doesnt work, (go control), at least it reports status), a siren and have some switches and plugs on the way to cover my basic automation needs. Figured out some events, the system tells me if the door is open based on sensor status and speaks it ot the speaker client. Kids love it, wife thinks im nuts, and Im nerding out loving it lol.

Today I purchased imperihome and the adavanced SMTP plugin figuring I want some reliable email alerts taking advantage of the sale this week. Other than perhaps a smart thermostat plugin (which I dont own yet), I think Im good for plugins for what I want out of this and have the basics figured out by reading on the forum with some replies from you (thank you!), youtube vids and plain trial and error.

Enter BL securty. I trialed it. Have no idea how to use it, post in the forum, get crickets....I got out on a limb today and even purchase it (not being on sale either) and still no love. What gives? Im trying to figure it out as I got but am at a loss. Ive added zones, devices, even setup a user. I basically want to have 2 "buttons" I can present in imperihome for arm/disarm (with a count down timer) I then want to have the siren go off if any of my sensors are tripped while in armed mode.

I could have sworn there was a forum post on this, but cant find it. Can anyone help?

Im a little confussed that the author of this plugin wouldnt include a base FAQ, readme or instuctions (unless Im blind and cant find them) after shelling out 30 bucks, which I gladly did and will for the efforts but no direction on how to use makes me feel a little frustrated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old May 15th, 2018, 08:27 PM
jeubanks jeubanks is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Inwood, WV
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoa_nelly View Post


So far Im really digging the Homeseer thing. Got my system setup, added some sensors, door lock, garage door opener (even tho it doesnt work, (go control), at least it reports status), a siren and have some switches and plugs on the way to cover my basic automation needs. Figured out some events, the system tells me if the door is open based on sensor status and speaks it ot the speaker client. Kids love it, wife thinks im nuts, and Im nerding out loving it lol.

Today I purchased imperihome and the adavanced SMTP plugin figuring I want some reliable email alerts taking advantage of the sale this week. Other than perhaps a smart thermostat plugin (which I dont own yet), I think Im good for plugins for what I want out of this and have the basics figured out by reading on the forum with some replies from you (thank you!), youtube vids and plain trial and error.

Enter BL securty. I trialed it. Have no idea how to use it, post in the forum, get crickets....I got out on a limb today and even purchase it (not being on sale either) and still no love. What gives? Im trying to figure it out as I got but am at a loss. Ive added zones, devices, even setup a user. I basically want to have 2 "buttons" I can present in imperihome for arm/disarm (with a count down timer) I then want to have the siren go off if any of my sensors are tripped while in armed mode.

I could have sworn there was a forum post on this, but cant find it. Can anyone help?

Im a little confussed that the author of this plugin wouldnt include a base FAQ, readme or instuctions (unless Im blind and cant find them) after shelling out 30 bucks, which I gladly did and will for the efforts but no direction on how to use makes me feel a little frustrated.
There's sometimes a Help section for the plugin in the Homeseer help section. From the main page hit the Purple Question mark and look for your plugin.

Otherwise sometimes in the plugin setup there will be help or a link to it. There's also generally a lot of information in the plugin specific subforum.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 15th, 2018, 10:54 PM
jmaddox jmaddox is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 186
don't forget to double check your display option settings when looking at forums/subforums. Make sure they show everything from the beginning.

You might also find some information by looking at the plug ins drop down menu under your homeseer web control. There is no set way for a faq/help section to be listed. Sometimes the plug in shows it on a config page.. you may have to poke around the screens a bit
__________________
HS3 Pro on Hometroller S6 with Z-NET
Number of Devices: 143
Number of Events: 87

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DoorBird, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, HSTouch Server, Restart, Z-Wave, EasyTrigger, PHLocation, Pushover 3P

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 16th, 2018, 11:18 AM
whoa_nelly whoa_nelly is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13
Thanks all. Whats interesting is that the help section finally worked from the plugin, I know I clicked on it before and it would just open a new tab but took me back to the plugin page which was odd....read some stuff there, but gathered this is going to require some tinkering.

I managed to create a virtual device that points to 3 events that set the BL Security plugin to one of the modes (Arm/Sleep/Disarm). From within the plugin iteself I was able to create a 30 second timer before it "arms" and it annouces through the speaker client (arming system/system is armed after 30 seconds and system disarmed when its off). Ive made an event to trigger the siren if anything tripps in one of the 2 modes (havent tested it yet) to have it silence itself (turn off) after 10 minutes to not drive the pets insane. From within the plugin, it will send an email if anything is tripped too. As far as basic functionality, I think Ive got it.

Nice to haves Im struggling with:

In terms of alarm codes, since Im going to have a main wall tablet mounted (plus my cell phone), I can utilize impirhome to ask for a "pin" to simulate entering a code...all this does is allows access to arm/disarm sytem from the virtual button. I think I can live with this, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

In imperihome, Im stuggling with getting a decent icon other than a light bulb for arming/disarming activities . I was going to use a composite IN/OUT widget) which can utilize the vritual button, but I cant seem to figure out how to feed it the current status of the BL Security plugin. I tried creating a generic "sensor" in the imperihome plugin but it doesnt seem to work/show up in the app.

Im way further along than I was a few days ago and think Im pretty close to get it where I want it to be and have learned a whole lot too
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 16th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Uncle Michael's Avatar
Uncle Michael Uncle Michael is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,894
Go back to the plug-in forum for BLSecurity. Blade has responded.
__________________
Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10:
Compose, XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 16th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Uncle Michael's Avatar
Uncle Michael Uncle Michael is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoa_nelly View Post
In imperihome, Im stuggling with getting a decent icon other than a light bulb for arming/disarming activities . I was going to use a composite IN/OUT widget) which can utilize the vritual button, but I cant seem to figure out how to feed it the current status of the BL Security plugin. I tried creating a generic "sensor" in the imperihome plugin but it doesnt seem to work/show up in the app.
Control over icons is definitely limited in IH. That isn't a limitation of the plug-in so much as IH itself. I don't believe IH has a widget for a security system, just for individual security sensors, but I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 16th, 2018, 05:25 PM
whoa_nelly whoa_nelly is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Michael View Post
Control over icons is definitely limited in IH. That isn't a limitation of the plug-in so much as IH itself. I don't believe IH has a widget for a security system, just for individual security sensors, but I could be wrong.
Agree, seems a bit limited. Im ok with the composite icon which looks like a lock and changes from green to red. Just cant seem to feed it the right value its looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 20th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Ltek Ltek is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: earth
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Michael View Post
Control over icons is definitely limited in IH. That isn't a limitation of the plug-in so much as IH itself. I don't believe IH has a widget for a security system, just for individual security sensors, but I could be wrong.
IH can use Custom icons. Only three states but for most things it works fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frustrated!!!! wposner HomeTroller-SEL 5 October 12th, 2014 10:54 AM
Really frustrated rileydogmi mcsSprinklers 11 June 25th, 2009 12:28 AM
Frustrated... Kbevo HomeSeer Global Cache Plug-in 5 April 7th, 2009 01:51 PM
Still looking for Pronunciation guides rsisson HomeSeer Voices 14 April 2nd, 2009 04:37 PM
IIS Docs and guides MeSteve HomeSeer General Discussion Area 2 December 22nd, 2005 09:58 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Copyright HomeSeer Technologies, LLC