www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > General Home Automation > General Home Automation Hardware Discussion > Touchscreen Hardware

Touchscreen Hardware Discussions related to touch screen computers and touch screen interfaces. This includes discussing new ways to control your home using the built-in ASP capabilities of HomeSeer.

Old February 25th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Seer Deluxe

Yoga Tablet 2 8

Thought maybe worth posting that these things work great with HS Touch for Android. I've got four so far and will probably pick up a couple more while they're still ~$150.

The YT3 has a lower screen resolution and no improvement on CPU or memory that I can see.

They stand up on their own nicely, work at multiple angles, can even be hung from a nail on a wall if that's your thing. Power off a pretty low-power USB just fine. Screen is pretty dark at night; so can be used on a night-stand reasonably well (not perfectly dark, of course).

Running HS Touch 3 with them on 24/7. Very responsive and attractive controllers. Hard to believe they're $150.
Old February 25th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Super Seer

I saw these at best buy a while back and thought they would also be good under a cabinet... if HSTouch would rotate properly to the other landscape direction.

I might still grab one for next to the bed, my current screen i think is too bright even when all black and screen dimmed way low.
Old February 25th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

Rotates perfectly here.
Old February 25th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Super Seer

You can do all 4 axis? All my android tablets only allow 2 axis. I didn't think they updated the android client to fix that.
Old February 27th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

I'm only using landscape - both versions. I can't see why portrait wouldn't work, unless you mean in one HST load?

I'm not sure how I'd go about building an HS Touch interface that would do rotation? I don't think I'd want to, but I'd try it for you if you think it should work... or just send me yours.
Old February 27th, 2016, 09:09 PM
OverSeer

So you're saying that if you turn the device upside down the HSTouch project isn't upside down also? I have never seen that.
Old February 27th, 2016, 09:13 PM
Super Seer

Yea that is what I am curious about. This tablet I think would be good mounted under a cabinet but concerned that the project would be upside down. Currently this frustrates me with my other tablets because the wire is in the wrong spot
Old February 27th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

Just flips right upside down as I'd expect it to. Sloppy and crappy as the UI may be... here it is sitting in front my my junk-tray and hanging off the top of my monitor. Nothing to change. Just flip it over.

Audio on it is quite good, BTW: speaks perfectly from all the tablets just as expected and plenty loud enough to hear.

I keep them in the "screen stays on with power" mode. I haven't played with the nightstand one yet; so not sure how I'll do the power / display on that one. They seem to go plenty dark in other rooms; but dark enough as a bedside clock is another matter.
Attached Images

Old March 25th, 2016, 11:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

On special for $139.99 ship free.

Use coupon "USPYT832310" on the Lenovo Website when you check out... It will show a different price with a different discount, but add it to you cart and then use the coupon, it will remove the current special price and updated it to 139.99.

Last edited by Mr_Resistor; March 26th, 2016 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Update
Old March 25th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Seer Deluxe

Where?
Old March 26th, 2016, 12:35 AM
Seer Deluxe

On the Lenovo Website.