Simple location app for android?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    I'm interested in this and would also like to test. I joined the beta (says in progress).
    You have to install it now...

Comment

Originally posted by egmontr View Post
      You have to install it now...
      Lol, yes already testing it.

Comment

I downloaded the EgiGeoZoneBT app and it said I was a beta tester. I set up a profile I named HomeSeer.

I only entered a JSON call in the URL zone entered and URL zone exited. I changed nothing else on this screen as this is the way I had the old app setup.

The url I entered is:
        Code:
        https://connected2.homeseer.com/JSON?request=reunevent&group=GeoLocation&name=ComingHome&user=myuseraccount&pass=myPassword
        This url works fine in a web broswer.

When I select the glasses looking icon to test I get this error:
        Error(GR02) in get of the server response:java.lang.NullPointerException:Attempt to invoke virtual method'boolean java.lang.String.equals(java.lag.Object)' on a null object reference.

Then when I do get a false positive it goes into an infinite loop running the URL over and over till I have to disable the server profile.
        Any suggestions.
        Last edited by Rupp; July 20, 2017, 05:00 PM.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          When I select the glasses looking icon to test I get this error:
          Error(GR02) in get of the server response:java.lang.NullPointerException:Attempt to invoke virtual method'boolean java.lang.String.equals(java.lag.Object)' on a null object reference.
          I got this same error on the beta when trying to use it for tacking url. If I enter only top url for fences the app works fine.

But I was also unable to get it working for tracking. No matter what url I use for the the lower url box it all fails with the same. ANything but blank returns that error.

Comment

I got this same error on the beta when trying to use it for tacking url. If I enter only top url for fences the app works fine.

But I was also unable to get it working for tracking. No matter what url I use for the the lower url box it all fails with the same. ANything but blank returns that error.
            Have you tried Tasker for fence type detection? I suspect none of these are going to work as they all work the same way. I've tried this app and IFTTT and both false trigger to the point where they are not usable.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Have you tried Tasker for fence type detection? I suspect none of these are going to work as they all work the same way. I've tried this app and IFTTT and both false trigger to the point where they are not usable.
              I use tasker and autolocation now and it has alot of options for me. It really working great, just browsing others and testing.

Comment

Did you whitelist the App in the "Battery Optimizations"? (For Samsung thru Smart Manager)

In the new EgiGeoZoneBT 1.1.2 I tried to suppress the false triggers.
                Go to the App settings and check "ignore false reports".
                Where is the main place to show your changelog and talk about the latest beta versions? I see your on 1.1.43 now? What about the regular EgiGeoZone is it working as well as the BT betas are?

Comment

My experience using an Android 7.0 device is that EgiGeozone (non BT version) is rock solid when using the Pathsense API. I don't get any false triggers.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                    My experience using an Android 7.0 device is that EgiGeozone (non BT version) is rock solid when using the Pathsense API. I don't get any false triggers.

Paul..
                    I'm using the beta BT version right now with Pathsense and its working good with no falses.

I did have one time one two phones that we came back from a weeked vacation where we drove up north for a 4 day weekend. When I got home neither phone would recognize we were home. Even though it should we were less then 50m from home it would not turn green and kick on that we were. I had to click google then back to Pathsense and both phones then turned green and fired off that we were home. Not sure if someone know why that happened. We used our phones during the drive and didn't fly or anything.

Comment

I use Backitude https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackitude&hl=en on Android 7.0 for location in conjunction with the PHLocation plugin https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1488. Works great for triggering events based on geofence or location. Also both the app and plugin are free.

Comment

Also using Tasker and Autolocation for quite some time now. I have also used Owntracks as well but wanted to be able to update HS with more information than it provides.

Comment

I have started using Taskers 'Cell Near' option. It works really well and, so far, has resolved the incosistencies I was seeing with all the other location based options.

Comment

Where is the main place to show your changelog and talk about the latest beta versions?
                            The main place is here
                            https://egigeozone.de/beta/default_en.html
                            and here vor non Beta
                            https://egigeozone.de/history/default_en.html
                            But sometime it takes some time until I update

I see your on 1.1.43 now?
                            The 1.1.43 is only an documentation issue in the Play Store. It should be 1.1.4.

What about the regular EgiGeoZone is it working as well as the BT betas are?
                            Yes, but has no Bluetooth support.

Comment

The main place is here
                              Yes, but has no Bluetooth support.
                              I don't need Bluetooth but was using that version per your request that is was a Beta with some newer features to test. You might have meant this but I just want to be clear, is the non BT version now updated to include these beta features that are in the BT version. Sorry for asking again.

Comment

Yes, now the non Beta has quite all included.

Comment

Working...
                                X