Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by marcpilou View Post
      There is a backdoor to changing the polarity of the Rain Sensor.
      Cool! Did you get any other parameters? Is there an official list? Curious minds want to know where you got this and have you tested?

Comment

I test it and it work. I don't have other parameter. You can contact

security.linear@nortek.com
        and ask your question. They were very helpfull

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

I heard back from gocontrol and they mentioned that parameter 18 inverts the moisture input similar to parameter 19 for the rain sensor.

I also asked about the "Irrigation System Enable" device which can be on or off and the answer was "That is a HomeSeer feature".

Comment

And?

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              "That is a HomeSeer feature".
              I wonder what that means?!?

Comment

Below is my email to support and their answer. It appears to be the way HS sees the irrigation controller, not the configuration of the controller itself. I also have an Aeotec controller but it would still be through HS3 software.

The problem is that if I trigger an event that has valve 1 for 10 minuts, then valve 2 for ten minutes, etc and I want to stop the event, I can't. It seems the combination of "Irrigation System Enable" and/or "Irrigation Notification" should be able to stop the system.

Comment

I just ordered one of these and want to control the valves to and on off state without a timer. Is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by troy.lynch View Post
                    I just ordered one of these and want to control the valves to and on off state without a timer. Is this possible?
                    I am not sure what you mean by a timer but the valves can be set in an event to any time you wish by using an on, wait, off commands. This bypasses the drop down. Is that what you are asking?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                      I am not sure what you mean by a timer but the valves can be set in an event to any time you wish by using an on, wait, off commands. This bypasses the drop down. Is that what you are asking?
                      Yes I dont see where I can do that. In the even I still have the 5,10,30min on options. :/

Comment

See here is where I try to control 1 valve.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is an example of one of my events. It shows a few valves. The event was too long to show all. I can show the last part if you want. The controller power cycle is an appliance module that turns power on to the controller. Just for my purposes. The wait allows it to be on for the time selected and then you turn the valve off.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I see. I was looking for just a on or a off on the valve. I'm not actually using this for irrigation. I'm using it to fill aquariums with relay and tubes running to the tanks and then have water sensors at the tanks which I want to trigger the valves. I think I can figure out a way for this to work. I just was looking for more of an on off type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by troy.lynch View Post
                              I see. I was looking for just a on or a off on the valve. I'm not actually using this for irrigation. I'm using it to fill aquariums with relay and tubes running to the tanks and then have water sensors at the tanks which I want to trigger the valves. I think I can figure out a way for this to work. I just was looking for more of an on off type thing.
                              You can still do what cowinger demonstrates in filling your aquariums. Simply add anther event based on when your high level water sensor is triggered to turn off the water valve for that aquarium.

Having a timed open value would be a good overflow fail safe if the high level water sensor trigger did not work for some reason.
                              Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                              Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
                              Number of Devices: 633
                              Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.54.0: BLBackup
                              2.0.40.0: BLLAN
                              3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
                              30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                              3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
                              3.0.0.87: weatherXML