No announcement yet.

Show us your kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're on! Though, I'm more of a raspberry Mocha kind of guy!

First picture is of left side of the main wall, contains my dsc alarm and intercom stuff, temp08, w800, and the cable modem.

next picture is of the right side of the batcave main wall. on the top is an enclosure that has 16 upb switches that are connected to 24vac relays that control the hvac dampers. below that on the right is another edgeport, then my ab8ss, ocelot is on the bottom next to the phone base, and above hat is my secu16 and secu16ir.

next is the floor, my HK avr325 is on the left, in the middle is my 2 tb raid5 array, with my tmobile/wifi router on top of it. in front of that is my second amp for one of my audio zones. buried under some cables in the back is my w2c and ncid box. to the right, between the keyboard and the quad core hs machine is my edgeport/8.

the next picture is of the electrical panel i was working on today. i ran my service cable from the main breaker to the sub panel (via attic) and started getting all the circuits ready to connect to the breakers.

The final picture is of the purple heart staircase a buddy and I made. It has a custom fabbed oak handrail. That is how i get to my 1500 sq foot project.

Well, there, its there for the world to see! maybe my airing my dirty laundry will encourage other wire nesters to come out of the wiring closet and make me feel better about myself?

Ian
    Attached Files
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post

First picture is of left side of the main wall, contains my dsc alarm and intercom stuff, temp08, w800, and the cable modem.

next picture is of the right side of the batcave main wall. on the top is an enclosure that has 16 upb switches that are connected to 24vac relays that control the hvac dampers. below that on the right is another edgeport, then my ab8ss, ocelot is on the bottom next to the phone base, and above hat is my secu16 and secu16ir.

next is the floor, my HK avr325 is on the left, in the middle is my 2 tb raid5 array, with my tmobile/wifi router on top of it. in front of that is my second amp for one of my audio zones. buried under some cables in the back is my w2c and ncid box. to the right, between the keyboard and the quad core hs machine is my edgeport/8.

the next picture is of the electrical panel i was working on today. i ran my service cable from the main breaker to the sub panel (via attic) and started getting all the circuits ready to connect to the breakers.

The final picture is of the purple heart staircase a buddy and I made. It has a custom fabbed oak handrail. That is how i get to my 1500 sq foot project.

Well, there, its there for the world to see! maybe my airing my dirty laundry will encourage other wire nesters to come out of the wiring closet and make me feel better about myself?

Ian
      Absolutely frightening! I love it.

Comment

Ian
        Not sure I can help you feel better but I certainly do.

Comment

glad to be of service to you! That's what I'm here for. I'm like the pinto you used to park your chevy luv next to, so you're Luv would look better. Everyone's got a purpose!
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Ok here ya go
            First is the HA Corner and beer fridge, next is the misc termination wall, the backs of my av racks, next is WHA, and TTS and my 2tb and 3tb raid 5 arrays, next is video distribution, and last is how it looks to the world
            Attached Files
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?
            I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

wanna trade? LOL. I especially like the McIntosh sign :-)
              Plugins:

Comment

wanna trade? LOL. I especially like the McIntosh sign :-)
                I wonder why

That sign has a history, it hung in a local family owned highend audio shop for over 40 years, which closed in 2006 it had been open for 55 years. I heard my first Mac there as a youngin, bought my first Mac there in 1967 while in high school. I worked all summer, saved all I earned plus all I had saved and spent $222.00 for a MC240 Tube amp that I still have to this day, still works and sounds better than anything out there today. If you look in the picture of the components in the lower right hand corner there is a Mac MI3 audio oscilloscope that has a manufacture date of 1962, it still works and has its original tubes.
                Over The Hill
                What Hill?
                Where?
                When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Absolutely fantastic photo's..

Keep them coming.

I might even post my "work in progress"

"McIntosh"...Lovely. Actually got a 275 as my XP background.

Comment

Did you notice the McIntosh MC50 on top of the nuvo? I use that for my TTS. It is one of the first Solid State Macs was only made from 1971-1973. it is a little 50W monoblock, powers my 11 TTS speaker nicely
                    Over The Hill
                    What Hill?
                    Where?
                    When?

Comment

Techno, I just looked at your profile and your last name is McIntosh also LOL!
                      Absolutely the best audio gear there is.

Jack
                      Over The Hill
                      What Hill?
                      Where?
                      When?

Comment

Techno and I appriciate the tribute you are paying to our family name. I was just showing all the different pictures to some co workers and they were like, "hmm, he's got your name above the door, that's kinda creepy."

It was hard to explain.

Plugins:

Comment

Do you know how many times people "not in the know" when I speak of my McIntosh think I am referring to a computer? I have to tell them the story about Steve Jobs having to get permission from McIntosh Labs to use the name!
                          Over The Hill
                          What Hill?
                          Where?
                          When?

Comment

Techno and I appriciate the tribute you are paying to our family name. I was just showing all the different pictures to some co workers and they were like, "hmm, he's got your name above the door, that's kinda creepy."

It was hard to explain.

I'm sure not as hard as explaining to him that his conversation is NOW on the same thread as the creepy one...

I bet he'd think that's even creepier!
                            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Hi guys

Creepy fact No.1

The only Authorised McIntosh dealer in Scotland is in Glenrothes. The same town that Pico Electronics were based when they invented X-10

Creepy fact N0.2

My brothers name is Ian.

Ah yes, Us McIntosh's can turn our hand to anything. Computers, Audio gear, Raincoats, Furniture..... Home Automation.

When I first started tracing my family tree a few years ago I went off on a tangent to see if there was any connection to old Frank McIntosh. Just on the off chance I could negotiate a discount.

Sadly no such luck.

Comment

Don't forget the fruit apple....mmmmmm good. It is on my list in the next 15 years to pay a visit to good ole Scotland. I'm 5 generations removed from when my slice of the McIntosh pie came over, but I still feel a connection, and would love to visit.

Your brother's a very lucky man, to be named after me! (erhm, lol)
                                Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                                X