No announcement yet.

ISY Insteon Beta 1.0.1.18 - Updated 4/16/2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just posted an updated version. This should fix the problem with the thermostat humidity status and the bad error message that complained about features (modules) with the ISY26.

I've tried to reproduce the problem with high CPU utilization after installation when running HS as a service but so far I haven't been able to. I see my CPU jump to 100% for about 10 seconds after the HS service starts but then it drops down to normal.

I'm starting to investigate the replace device problem now.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I installed .13 last night, and still have temperature readings in the humidity device. Still reads humidity on the ISY plugin page. The humidity has changed since last night, so I know the device should be updating (as the timestamp confirms).
      Mike

Comment

Right now it's reading humidity again! It's changing between the two. Wierd.
        Mike

Comment

Just a quick update on some of the recently reported problems....

Humidity virtual thermostat device reporting temperature - I can't reproduce this. I've tried all the different ways to change the setpoint and humidity keeps reporting humidity. It's very possible that I messed up and what I uploaded as 1.0.1.13 doesn't have the fix.

Plug-in getting out of sync when doing a replace device on the ISY - This seems to be something the plug-in can't do anything about. I did a lot of testing and it looks like all the ISY sends is:
          1) Create new device
          2) Delete new device
          Notice, nothing about renaming or updating the old device. The admin console is shutdown so you have to restart it to bring it back in sync. I was able to get the plug-in back in sync by using the re-sync button on the plug-in status page (if I waited a bit, press it too soon and the plug-in still gets the old data).

Initialization problems with Win7 (a separate thread). I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with the config page not saving the IP address. I did increase the number of attempts to find an ISY on the network from 20 to 100 so that should solve the auto detect problem (unless you have over 100 UPNP devices on your network). I also found (and fixed) a bug where the plug-in would use the wrong IP address to connect to the ISY after auto detect found an ISY at a different IP address.

I'm planning to upload a new version tomorrow, after I finish testing this a bit more.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

New version posted, see first post in this thread.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger!

Humidity still not working (build .14). I confirmed devicevalue of humidity reads correct all the time, but devicestatus of humidity toggles randomly between humidity and temperature. Yeouch!
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                Don't shoot the messenger!

Humidity still not working (build .14). I confirmed devicevalue of humidity reads correct all the time, but devicestatus of humidity toggles randomly between humidity and temperature. Yeouch!
                I won't shoot, or least I'll aim a little high

I've been checking mine periodically, and I have yet to see humidity read anything but the actual humidity value. So I'm just having a real hard time trying to reproduce this. I suspect it's not really random, because if that's the case, it's going to be real hard to pin down.

Is it changing when a temperature change is reported by the thermostat? My best guess is that the plug-in sees a humidity change, set the humidity virtual device, then a temperature change happens, but doesn't change the virtual device to temperature and thus changes the humidity to the current temperature. Seems like this should effect both the value and that status though.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob,

Does the thermostat report the blower motor status by any chance? I'd like to be able to capture the number of times as well as accumulated minutes each day that the furnace is running.

Thanks,

Todd
                  -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                  HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
                    Bob,

Does the thermostat report the blower motor status by any chance? I'd like to be able to capture the number of times as well as accumulated minutes each day that the furnace is running.

Thanks,

Todd
                    A qualified yes. The ISY splits the thermostat into 4 devices; the main thermostat device, a heat call device, a cool call device, and a fan call device. The plug-in spits the main thermostat device into 5 devices.

The heat call device should toggle between on/off (or a value of 255/0) such that it's "on" when the thermostat is actively running in heat mode.

The cool call device should toggle between on/off (or a value of 255/0) such that it's "on" when the thermostat is actively running in cool mode.

The fan call device should toggle between on/off (or a value of 255/0) such that it's "on" when the thermostat is in fan on mode and off when the thermostat is in fan auto mode.

So you should be able to collect that data from these devices.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                      I won't shoot, or least I'll aim a little high

I've been checking mine periodically, and I have yet to see humidity read anything but the actual humidity value. So I'm just having a real hard time trying to reproduce this. I suspect it's not really random, because if that's the case, it's going to be real hard to pin down.

Is it changing when a temperature change is reported by the thermostat? My best guess is that the plug-in sees a humidity change, set the humidity virtual device, then a temperature change happens, but doesn't change the virtual device to temperature and thus changes the humidity to the current temperature. Seems like this should effect both the value and that status though.
                      I created an event that triggers on thermostat status change. The event speaks the temperature, the humidity STRING, and humidity VALUE.

I discovered that my humidity sensor on the thermostat changes so often that the reoccurring two minute polling of the thermostat pretty much garantees an event trigger. I see that the thermostat humidity changing does indeed randomly change from devicestring of temperature to humidity. Without any action being taken on the thermostat this string value changes without a recognizable pattern.

Also, could that exception error be from the ISY plugin? I can't tell where it's coming from and have seen it a few times.
                      I've attached the log with some red highlights if it's helpful.
                      Attached Files
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                        I created an event that triggers on thermostat status change. The event speaks the temperature, the humidity STRING, and humidity VALUE.

I discovered that my humidity sensor on the thermostat changes so often that the reoccurring two minute polling of the thermostat pretty much garantees an event trigger. I see that the thermostat humidity changing does indeed randomly change from devicestring of temperature to humidity. Without any action being taken on the thermostat this string value changes without a recognizable pattern.

Also, could that exception error be from the ISY plugin? I can't tell where it's coming from and have seen it a few times.
                        I've attached the log with some red highlights if it's helpful.
                        The exception does not appear to be coming from within the plug-in. However, it could be something the plug-in is doing with a device state that causes HomeSeer to generate it.

I've been trying to reproduce the problem with humidiity but so far I haven't been able to. I have an event repeating every minute to output the temperature string and humidity string and value, just like you show in the log and after over 1500 times, the humidity is always reading correctly.

I just tuned on a query from the ISY to see if maybe that's what is triggering it.

The only suggestion I have at this point is to turn on full verbose debugging until it flips from correct to incorrect and send me the log. Full debugging should capture every message sent to the plug-in from the ISY and maybe something in one of those will show what's causing it.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

When I read your idea to turn on Verbose logging I thought I'd end up with a huge log to be able to capture the moment the humidity reading goes from good to bad. Fortunately I noticed right then I had a rare moment when it actually was displaying humidity. Turned on verbose logging, the next thermostat poll the humidity displayed temperature. So a painless and short log attached. Thanks for your persistence!
                          Attached Files
                          Mike

Comment

Hi Bob Having some problems with the Compacta EZIO8SA I/O all was fine since i first installed the plugin but i had to change the names of the devices etc so i removed it from isy re installed it removed all the homeseer devices with it . The ISY unit finds it fine relays show on of like they should but in The plugin relays think they are programs with if then else options sensor look like relays on, of etc. I double checked all is fine in isy and they work just fine Could you take a look thank you.

Regards

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Wingo View Post
                              Hi Bob Having some problems with the Compacta EZIO8SA I/O all was fine since i first installed the plugin but i had to change the names of the devices etc so i removed it from isy re installed it removed all the homeseer devices with it . The ISY unit finds it fine relays show on of like they should but in The plugin relays think they are programs with if then else options sensor look like relays on, of etc. I double checked all is fine in isy and they work just fine Could you take a look thank you.

Regards

Robert
                              Hi Robert,

I don't see anything obvious in the code that would cause something like this. I don't have any of the EZIO devices so I have to rely on folks like you to help debug issues with them.

My understanding of this device is that it has 7 sensors and 8 relays. The ISY should create 15 devices, one for each sensor and one for each relay. The sensors should have ISY addresses [xx xx xx 1] through [xx xx xx 7] and the relays should have ISY addresses [xx xx xx 8] through [xx xx xx 15]. Is that right?

The plug-in uses that last digit to determine if it is a relay or a sensor. The ones that end in 1-7 should show up with no controls and 8-15 should show up with on/off/toggle buttons.

Can you confirm that the addresses look like that?

Also, what "type" does the plug-in say these devices are? It should show up a "Sensor"

If you don't have events or triggers currently configured for the device, you can try deleting the devices from HomeSeer (only HomeSeer) and then restart the plug-in. It will then re-created them from the information the ISY sends. If you do this and it is reproducible, then delete the devices from HomeSeer again, turn on the plug-in's debugging, restart the plug-in and send me the log.
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob:

Thank you first for a great script..

You are correct as per the 15 but you have it reversed the first 1-8 is relay the rest is sensor all 15 are showing up but they seem to have been switch at some point in time.....Will forward log later on today...and yes it does show up as sensor...

Relay 4 C A5 3C 4 Sensor
                                Relay Hotwater-MasterBedroom C A5 3C 5 Sensor
                                Relay 3 C A5 3C 3 Sensor
                                Relay 2 C A5 3C 2 Sensor
                                Relay 1 C A5 3C 1 Sensor
                                Relay Hotwater-Kithchen C A5 3C 6 Sensor
                                Relay Sprinkler Pump C A5 3C 8 Sensor
                                Relay 7 C A5 3C 7 Sensor

Regards

Robert
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ; March 18, 2010, 09:39 AM. Reason: Add Log file

Comment

Working...
                                X