www.homeseer.com    
 

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > General Home Automation > General Home Automation Hardware Discussion > Touchscreen Hardware

Touchscreen Hardware Discussions related to touch screen computers and touch screen interfaces. This includes discussing new ways to control your home using the built-in ASP capabilities of HomeSeer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 22nd, 2014, 06:16 PM
LCrawfo's Avatar
LCrawfo LCrawfo is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 125
Network In wall Android tablet mount

Has anyone got any suggestions on in wall tablet / mount (good and/or bad experiences)?

I'm looking for something small for downstairs, that will always be where its mounted (7" should be enough room to display what I want)...

Was thinking of something like http://www.geekland.co/7-Android-40-...K-VIA-E002.htm with WiFi and a battery. The basement isn't finished yet so now's probably the best time to do this if I'm going to.

I thought about buying a $50-80 Android tablet and using double sided tape to plaster it to the wall, briefly... the cost was about right if it would have worked... but the aesthetics are terrible

Trying to keep this under ~250, way under if possible. The darn things only going to display a few custom HSTouch screens after all is said and done.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 22nd, 2014, 06:18 PM
sparkman's Avatar
sparkman sparkman is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,009
Looks to be almost the same as the one that HST used to sell: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156066

Cheers
Al
__________________
HS3Pro 3.0.0.318 on Jetway JBC501F9Q-Q87-B i7 8GB 1874 Devices, 955 Events, 28 Plugins
Z-Wave 3.0.1.131 Z-Net 105 nodes:Leviton Vizia,Kwikset,FortrezZ Valve/Sensors,Everspring Sensors/Modules/Outlets,CT30 Stats,MIMOLites,Aeotec Smart Switches
RFXCom W800,RFXrec433,RFXtrx433|APCUPSD|Pushover|Squeezebox|weatherXML|HS Phone W2C|APCUPSD|UltraLog
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 22nd, 2014, 07:45 PM
wposner's Avatar
wposner wposner is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NV
Posts: 547
You mean like this?

Name:  2014-12-17 20.34.12.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  77.0 KB
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 22nd, 2014, 08:18 PM
rmasonjr's Avatar
rmasonjr rmasonjr is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brookhaven, MS USA
Posts: 6,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCrawfo View Post
Has anyone got any suggestions on in wall tablet / mount (good and/or bad experiences)?

I'm looking for something small for downstairs, that will always be where its mounted (7" should be enough room to display what I want)...

Was thinking of something like http://www.geekland.co/7-Android-40-...K-VIA-E002.htm with WiFi and a battery. The basement isn't finished yet so now's probably the best time to do this if I'm going to.

I thought about buying a $50-80 Android tablet and using double sided tape to plaster it to the wall, briefly... the cost was about right if it would have worked... but the aesthetics are terrible

Trying to keep this under ~250, way under if possible. The darn things only going to display a few custom HSTouch screens after all is said and done.
I made a picture frame for a 10" tablet. Total cost $99

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
__________________

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
61 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, HAI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 22nd, 2014, 11:40 PM
LCrawfo's Avatar
LCrawfo LCrawfo is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by wposner View Post
You mean like this?

Attachment 43087
That is nice and would be a decent fit too.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 22nd, 2014, 11:42 PM
LCrawfo's Avatar
LCrawfo LCrawfo is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasonjr View Post
I made a picture frame for a 10" tablet. Total cost $99

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
I might take a shot at this if I can't get the cost down on an in wall mount with power. Who knows... could be fun.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 22nd, 2014, 11:56 PM
LCrawfo's Avatar
LCrawfo LCrawfo is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 125
Zipato Wall Tablet 7

Has anyone seen or used one of these things?

Zipato Wall Tablet 7

Its from Europe so the z-wave interface might not work in North America but it looked interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 23rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
wposner's Avatar
wposner wposner is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NV
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCrawfo View Post
That is nice and would be a decent fit too.
I ued an AV box behind the frame that allows for a wall outlet and a set of RCAs. I used a wall outlet with dual USBs and a wall plate to cover the hole where the RCAs would go. Then I just used the Nexus USB charging cable to supply power, duct-taped everything securly to the frame and used the 3M velcro to attach it over the AV box.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simple Ipod wall mount lj502 Clients - Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad 13 November 5th, 2014 02:11 PM
iPad in-wall mount turbot Clients - Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad 2 April 4th, 2013 12:34 PM
What wall mount client harrympower HSTouch™ 1 November 29th, 2008 04:31 PM
17" Wall Mount LCD's - $50 twittydavis General Home Automation Hardware Discussion 2 October 19th, 2007 03:40 PM
Wall mount Touchscreen Squintz User Interface Discussion 12 March 15th, 2004 05:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Copyright HomeSeer Technologies, LLC