No announcement yet.

Unifi Controller Wifi user connect/disconnect data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open port 514 (or whatever you choose) in your HS machine firewall.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      Open port 514 (or whatever you choose) in your HS machine firewall.
      Everything is set up, but run into a little problem opening the firewall port. The Unifi controller is on a different machine to my HS3 machine. In the Unifi controller, I entered the IP of my HS3 machine. Port I tried to leave at 514, but when I pressed save it came up red. I changed the port to something different, that was ok/ Now, opening that port on my HS3 machine, I create a new inbound rule. Do I go for all programs, or this program path with HS3.exe ? And what do I set the protocols and ports to here ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if this could be of any use
        http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...c,37448.0.html

but I would also be interested in a Unifi Plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          Everything is set up, but run into a little problem opening the firewall port. The Unifi controller is on a different machine to my HS3 machine. In the Unifi controller, I entered the IP of my HS3 machine. Port I tried to leave at 514, but when I pressed save it came up red. I changed the port to something different, that was ok/ Now, opening that port on my HS3 machine, I create a new inbound rule. Do I go for all programs, or this program path with HS3.exe ? And what do I set the protocols and ports to here ?

I think you'll find that you need to overtype the 514 port in the Unifi controller config. I.e. It looks like it's set, but it's actually just a field suggestion, not a set value, until you set it.

I didn't have to specifically open a port on my HomeSeer PC, though I was kind of expecting to need to.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            I think you'll find that you need to overtype the 514 port in the Unifi controller config. I.e. It looks like it's set, but it's actually just a field suggestion, not a set value, until you set it.

I didn't have to specifically open a port on my HomeSeer PC, though I was kind of expecting to need to.
            I thought I had set the port, when I tried to save 514 it went red, so I changed it and pressed apply or save not sure what exactly it said. Pretty sure I had seen some sort of confirmation that its been saved. I have set Ultralog syslog to on, and restarted HS3. Nothing coming through now in the Ultralog syslog tab. So I guess its the firewall setting on my HS3 machine. I have set that as to the picture but with the actual port the Unifi uses.

Comment

I wonder if I have configured the Ultralog wrong. This is what I have. I have now changed it and added the port for the Unifi as its not the standard 514. But should I put an IP address in the blank field, and which IP... that of my Unifi ?
              the other thing I find strange (but might be perfectly normal) even though I enabled syslog and restarted HS3 yesterday evening, bot log and syslog tabs do not have any entries.
              Attached Files

Comment

My ultralog options screen looks like your screenshot with no ip and port. In unifi controller I specified the ip of my HS machine and explicitly port 514 and saved.

As I was remote when I did this I forced a restart on the AP to generate syslog traffic. It may be worth doing that anyway just in case that was the trigger to kickstart this. Otherwise, perhaps you do need to open the fw port on your HS machine.
                cheeryfool

Comment

I wonder if I have configured the Ultralog wrong. This is what I have. I have now changed it and added the port for the Unifi as its not the standard 514. But should I put an IP address in the blank field, and which IP... that of my Unifi ?
                  the other thing I find strange (but might be perfectly normal) even though I enabled syslog and restarted HS3 yesterday evening, bot log and syslog tabs do not have any entries.
                  Not sure what kicks it off (i had to enter, then re-enter the IP and port). The best way to confirm that the PI log is listening is to goto the CMD line and type:

netstat -ab -p UDP | findstr "HSPI_ULTRALOG3"

You should see it there when it's actually listening the Sys log port (or the one you've selected)

To see the port, enter:
                  netstat -ab -p UDP

The port will be listed right about the HSPI_ULTRALOG listing.

Z

Comment

If all else fails just try turning off the firewall in Windows and see if you get traffic in the log. The only difference between your UltraLog settings and mine are I have 514 as the port (no IP address) and I have the logging level set to debug.

Comment

I am surprised that you say your UniFi controller doesn't use the standard port. I had to configure my UniFi controller for port 514 and the IP of my HS server, then I had to open up the port in my firewall. Ultralog listens to 514 by default.

My UniFi controller "suggested" 514 in sort of a dim font, but I had to actually enter it. I initially has pfSense posting to the Ultralog syslog so I had already set an inbound rule for the port. Now both pfSense and the Ubiquiti APs are posting to the Ultralog syslog server.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        I am surprised that you say your UniFi controller doesn't use the standard port. I had to configure my UniFi controller for port 514 and the IP of my HS server, then I had to open up the port in my firewall. Ultralog listens to 514 by default.

My UniFi controller "suggested" 514 in sort of a dim font, but I had to actually enter it. I initially has pfSense posting to the Ultralog syslog so I had already set an inbound rule for the port. Now both pfSense and the Ubiquiti APs are posting to the Ultralog syslog server.

Are you able to trigger events by specific MAC address connecting/disconnecting to your pfsense machine? What benefits do you see from using the pfsense logs in UltraLog?

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

I'll give it another try and check everything tonight. Mt Ubifi suggested 514, but when I pressed enter it did go red. Maybe I try entering it and then saving. If I can get 514 to work it might be easier. Will also try to turn the firewall off, and try the command line... sounds like it should work

Comment

I'll give it another try and check everything tonight. Mt Ubifi suggested 514, but when I pressed enter it did go red. Maybe I try entering it and then saving. If I can get 514 to work it might be easier. Will also try to turn the firewall off, and try the command line... sounds like it should work
                            The 514 you see on the controller is not actually an entry, it is a suggestion. You must actually type in the port.

Comment

Unifi Controller Wifi user connect/disconnect data

@mikee123 what OS are you running?

For Windows 10 for example...
                              After you enabled Syslog and restarted HS3 Windows should presented you with dialogue window requesting permission to run. This then creates and sets the firewall app rule enable HSUltralog to local communicate and therefore you should not need to explicitly set a firewall rule for the port.

Click on allow app or firewall feature through Windows Firewall

Review to see if HSPI_UltraLog3 entry exists and whether it is checked for local.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                                Are you able to trigger events by specific MAC address connecting/disconnecting to your pfsense machine? What benefits do you see from using the pfsense logs in UltraLog?
                                I'm not doing that yet. I am still learning what information is put in the log by the APs. At this point I don't even know if there is anything I want to do with that data, I am just looking and learning. It is possible I may not find a need for the information - or something may come to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X