X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed when I use the Alexa app through my Android phone that this plugin doesn't work. Alexa doesn't seem to find the commands...

Is there a way to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by _ThaNerd_ View Post
      I noticed when I use the Alexa app through my Android phone that this plugin doesn't work. Alexa doesn't seem to find the commands...

Is there a way to fix this?

I use the app as well and it works fine.

What does it show you when you look in the Alexa app history?

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
        I use the app as well and it works fine.

What does it show you when you look in the Alexa app history?
        Alexa keeps saying: Sorry I'm not sure

There is nothing logged...

But when I say "Alexa tell homeseer to turn off lights" it works and does log using my phone. Only the custom homeseer commands from this plugin don't work. They do work with all my echo dots...

Comment

The history of my app displays the command but doesn't initiate it.

"Alexa tell home seer to set alarm to stay" and even "Alexa tell homeseer to set alarm to stay" but it doesn't do it.

Comment

Alexa helper stopped working

My Alexa helper has stopped working, after Amazon support tried to help me with one of my Echos being offline. Not sure if thats what caused the helper to stop working.
            My Alexa says I am unable to reach the requested skill when I try to use my custom skill (Ask James is my invocation). I unlinked my custom skill, and re linked it. In the Alexa app (or web) it now says 'linked' on the dev skill. But she still cannot reach the skill ?

When trying to get the Alexa helper to do something, in the app I can see this error, that might help trying to find out why its not working ?

SSL handshake failed

Request Identifier: amzn1.echo-api.request.**************
            The SSL handshake to endpoint Resource https://myhs.homeseer.com/process_echo/, Type [HTTP], Region [DEFAULT] failed. Please check that your java keystore is correctly configured

Comment

I use Reverb on my phone and it works fine. I cannot see why yours only works with the echo's but not with the phone.

If you don't see the voice command string in the HS3 Log, there is an issue with either the skill/custom skill/linking to HomeSeer or Alexa. I can only process this text if Homeseer receives it.
              Jon

Comment

I had problems with my custom skill which I could never figure out after over a year of not touching it and working fine. I was forced to use the default homeseer skill - "tell/ask homeseer...". It works without issue and like Jon, I use Reverb on my phone and it works fine as well.

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I am not ready to give up yet... I put a lot of time into the Alexa helper and I love it. It is rather weird that its linked but 'not connecting'. I have other issues with one of my Echos showing as offline and not controlling any HS devices (the others do). Apparently I am not the only one with these issues. I hope the problems I have will be sorted once Amazon support can sort out that problem, they are working on a fix. Maybe that will sort out the custom skill issue too

Comment

It works with reverb but not with Alexa original app. Is there a way to make reverb open when the home button is held for long. I had Alexa as my default assistant but reverb is not part of the selection for default assistant...

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    I use Reverb on my phone and it works fine. I cannot see why yours only works with the echo's but not with the phone.

If you don't see the voice command string in the HS3 Log, there is an issue with either the skill/custom skill/linking to HomeSeer or Alexa. I can only process this text if Homeseer receives it.

Comment

Am I right in thinking (after reading lots of threads) that the newest Homeseer skill does not work with the 'helper'. If so is there likely to be a version that will?
                      Cheers

Comment

Not working for me!

Comment

No, this does not work (or never worked) with any of the HomeSeer SmartHome Skills (V1 to V3). It only works with the Echo Homeseer Automation skill but both can be used together.
                          Jon

Comment

When I search on Skills,

I see one called HomeSeer SmartHome and one called HomeSeer.

Is it either of those that is needed?

Cheers
                            Last edited by IanIreland; May 16, 2018, 12:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

No....The Homeseer Automation skill is only available in the US. You still have to create your own Dev skill if you want to use this in the UK etc.
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                No....The Homeseer Automation skill is only available in the US. You still have to create your own Dev skill if you want to use this in the UK etc.
                                Ah-ha - that explains it. Thank you for educating me :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X