www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Legacy Software & Plug-ins > Legacy Plug-ins > Legacy HomeSeer Plug-ins > Russound

Russound Discussions related to the HomeSeer Russound plug-in.

Old January 6th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Seer

Are Key Pads Required?

Will this pluggin work if the zone doesn't have a keypad? I have a couple of zones that do not have keypads installed.

I'm wondering if I can put a touch screen up (running HS Touch) that can be used to control the zone through the pluggin.

Does this work with A-BUS technology?
Old January 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Seer Master

Dag, I have the CAV6.6, but not using the HS plug-in (yet). I suspect you don't need a zone keypad connected to control the CAV6.6 using the plug-in (RNET) but maybe someone can answer for sure.

Regarding the ABUS subzones on the CAV6.6, I don't think they would be controllable from the plug-in (aside from source selection since an ABUS zone shares the same source selection as its master zone). Power off/on and volume of an ABUS subzone seems completely independent and not controllable from other master keypads (i.e., not from RNET and thus not from the plug-in). My comments pertain only to the CAV6.6 with integrated ABUS. I don't have first hand experience with other Russound ABUS-only products.

Don
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:22 AM
OverSeer

I would also expect that RS232 input could control a CAV zone even if there were no keypad present, but I haven't tried it. As far as I know, the only way to control the A-Bus subzones (On/Off/Volume) is with IR.

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10:
Compose, XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Old January 7th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Seer

Hello,

I have a CAV 6.6 and ST-2 Smart Tuner with six zones and hardwired keypads plus two ABUS zones.

I also run the HomeSeer plugin.

I suspect that the plugin will work without hardwired keypads. You define the zones and zone names in the config section of the plugin. You may have to config the zones in the CAV 6.6 (I'm not sure) , but you can do this globally with one hardwired keypad.

The ABUS zones can not be controlled with the plugin.

I am having an issue with the tuner. I can not tune the XM chanels at all with the plugin, and the AM/FM tuning with the plugin is intermittant.
I have a help desk ticket in on these issues.

I can also use the plugin keypads with HSTouch. I created a screen viewing the aspx web page. works great. I can control the Russound system and iTunes with the Albatron handheld touch screen, this is very useful if we are on the patio.........

I hope this helps.

John
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Seer

You can definitely control zones with the plugin where there is no keypad. I have a zone where I removed the keypad because it was in the way where I wanted to mount a new plasma, and now I only use HS to control that zone.