Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interaction of HomeSeer

Hello

I am looking at how HomeSeer interacts with me.

Firstly I am looking at new voices and I am looking at an English butler.
    Can anyone suggest anything; the HomeSeer packs of voices seem a little robotic and very unnatural.

I was also wondering what Amazon Echo is - in very basic terms what it does and how it interacts with a person. Has anyone got any videos of it working with HomeSeer?

The third thing is Siri (Apple) can someone explain what it does, how it works with HomeSeer and why its good (simple introduction though). Again does anyone have videos they would share?

Are there any other thoughts to make the home more two way interactive.
    I have SONOS speakers throughout and a few tablets mounted in rooms.
    PIRs through DSC 1864.
    And a couple of FOSCAMs mounted in corners.

Suggestions are most welcome.
    Thank you

Chris

I think Lawrence by Cepstral was the closest I heard to an RP-esque but listening to it now it does sound a little robotic, I just use the MS voices (Hazel) now and they now sound pretty good.

Siri there are a number of offerings, I'm not sure I find it tremendously useful (or reliable) and for control outside of the home you have to buy a new Apple TV AFAIK. I find it worthwhile for setting thermostats and controlling the odd device but it has quite a specific command set and whilst you might say something like 'set the heating on' it might not respond as it is looking for 'turn the heating on' (or such like, that might actually work I don't know). I don't think it is learning the commands but perhaps it will improve over time.

Comment

Working...
    X