HS-WS100+ LED Flashes on power up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WS100+ LED Flashes on power up.

I've installed about 65 of Homeseer's switches/dimmers/companions in a new home. The very last switch is causing some grief and may just be a bad switch or not.

The switch is installed with 2 companion switches in a 4-way scenario, all are Homeseer. When powered up the LED on the switch flashes and the connected LED ceiling lights randomly turn on/off, in fact you can hear the switch turning on/off repeatedly. This is the only device that has been an issue. Unfortunately don't have another switch to try will have to order some.

Troubleshooting completed so far:
    1. Checked and rechecked the wiring and connections between the 3 devices. All is correct.
    2. Replaced the HS-WS100+ with a manual on/off switch, works fine turning the lights on/off(not at the companions obviously).
    3. Reinstalled the WS100+ without connecting the traveller or the load wires. Switch works as expected switch LED comes on and stays on till the switch is triggered then goes off and stays off.
    4. Tried resetting the switch as described in the documentation with no change.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks Brian

Comment

Thanks for the kick in the pants Bretts. I thought I had tested it with the load connected and the traveller disconnected as well, but apparently maybe I hadn't. Anyway I did as you suggested.

• Reinstalled the switch all connected except traveller - switch functioned properly.
      • Disconnected the traveller from 1 of the companions and connected the traveller to the switch. - switch and 1 companion functioned properly.
      • Reconnected traveller to the disconnected companion - switch and both companions functioned properly.

So everything now works as its suppose to, which is great.... But also never changed anything so unclear why it now works. unless there was a bad connection or ??(time will tell)

thanks again for the kick.

Comment

Working...
      X