www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HomeTroller Zee

HomeTroller Zee Discussions related to the HomeTroller Zee automation controller based on Linux.

Old January 22nd, 2017, 11:20 AM
Seer

Remote access stopped working

My HS3 ZEE was working fine until this morning when I added three new devices. Now remote access does not work, I get a connection failure message.

Assuming it's not simply the case that the server is down...

If I try to connect through myhs.homeseer.com with a browser on my PC, then I get an error that the it cannot create a connection to 127.0.0.1, which is obviously not the address for the device.

When I try to connect from my android phone I just get Connection Failed with Server.

I have restarted the HS3 Zee. It is running HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297 (Linux).

Thanks in advance

Chris

Last edited by pi1; January 22nd, 2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 07:22 PM
OverSeer

You might need to plug in an hdmi monitor and watch it boot up to spot any errors.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old January 22nd, 2017, 09:43 PM
Seer Master

Sounds like the same issue discussed here:
https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184885
Unfortunately, doesn't seem it was solved...
Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:04 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi1 View Post
My HS3 ZEE was working fine until this morning when I added three new devices. Now remote access does not work, I get a connection failure message.

Assuming it's not simply the case that the server is down...

If I try to connect through myhs.homeseer.com with a browser on my PC, then I get an error that the it cannot create a connection to 127.0.0.1, which is obviously not the address for the device.

When I try to connect from my android phone I just get Connection Failed with Server.

I have restarted the HS3 Zee. It is running HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297 (Linux).

Thanks in advance

Chris
My remote access has stopped too. Wondered if it was linked to the "Denial of Service..." post:
https://board.homeseer.com/showthrea...51#post1270451
Old January 23rd, 2017, 12:06 PM
Seer

Thanks for the responses. In the end the fix was simple, cycle the power. I had used the web interface to restart the system which had not fixed anything but cycling the power did.

Another symptom I had noticed was that the clock was off by 3 hours.

Thanks to all.

Chris
Old January 23rd, 2017, 12:12 PM
Seer

I found the solution. Cycle the power. I had been restarting the device from the web page but that didn't fix it. Cycling the power did. Another symptom I saw was that the clock was off by 3 hours.

There had been a 2hr power cut the night before and perhaps that was long enough for the UPS to expire or perhaps some transients during power recovery.

Thanks for all the input.

Chris
Old December 7th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Viewer

Web Server fails after a few days

Hi, I have a Zee S2 with HS3 that's been rock solid for over a year. In the last couple of months it appears the web server stops responding. The automation scripts are still running (lights going off / on at the right times), but can't connect to HS. A reboot fixes the problem for 3 - 7 days, but then it drops again. Any ideas on how I can start troubleshooting?

Bert