No announcement yet.

Alexa room access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I do remember that you have to do the linking from the web, not the phone. Something with Amazon there.

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
    Well.... It's absolutely awesome!
    I just walked into my bedroom and said "Alexa lights on" and 3 LIFX bulbs, 2 Z-wave lamp modules, and 1 X-10 wall dimmer switch all fired in sequence same for off. That was the only group I set up, but it worked first time and there goes my Friday night HAHA, lots of playing to do.

I could not install the new skill from my phone, clicking the link in the email took me to another page to "open" Alexa but it kept taking me to the Play store to install the Alexa app, which was already installed, and I could never see the new skill. I went back to my desktop and opened the email in chrome and clicked the link which the took me to the Amazon Dev site to accept the new skill testing. Accepted the new test then it asked to link to my Homeseer account again and then it ran the discovery process. After that I had new devices that were duplicates but with new more detailed names, I then choose to forget all devices and rerun the discovery, after that all was good with the status of each device now updated in the Alexa app.

Gonna set up some different groups and test some more.

Really great job on this! Early Christmas present for all

John
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I cleaned everything up, removed all devices (via on-line app), disabled skills, reenabled the one with "HomeSeer Smart Home" name. Ran devices discovery.... and it finds NO homeseer devices. It found all Hue devices, thermostat, and other non-Homeseer devices; but nothing from Home Seer. I reinstalled the HS3 beta again, re-registered it, made sure divices have voice control checked... still nothing found. I am not sure what is going on. If there are logs or something I can provide, please let me know. Thanks

Comment

One of servers had a problem, I took it off line, everything looks good now. Any issues, please post.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          One of servers had a problem, I took it off line, everything looks good now. Any issues, please post.
          Thanks! This did the trick. All devices now discovered, I've setup all groups again and it works great. I'd say it works 99% of the time. Sometimes I give the command and it says "OK" but light actually do not change status, not sure how to troubleshoot that. Other that that, it works great - thank you.

Comment

In HS select control panel from the view menu, and in the text box enter:

hs.debugmode=2048

Now HS will log all JSON commands. If you give a command and nothing happens, look at the log and send us the json you see. You can send it to support@homeseer.com, or post it here. If you post it, make sure you remove the token, that is just like a password.

Originally posted by ykamenet View Post
            Thanks! This did the trick. All devices now discovered, I've setup all groups again and it works great. I'd say it works 99% of the time. Sometimes I give the command and it says "OK" but light actually do not change status, not sure how to troubleshoot that. Other that that, it works great - thank you.

Comment

All good here now.

I'm seeing the same thing that it works 95% but sometimes nothing changes, say it again and it works though.

Rich I'm sure your aware that Alexa is now using the full "location 1, location 2, name" as the new device name, where as before it only used the actual HS3 device name. I am going through and giving each one a new "voice control" name so that is not too bad but I'm sure you will get some complaints as its confusing at first. It also looks like you can edit the name in the Alexa app as well so I'm going to test that route also.

The scenes are nice but you still have to say on to run one, the real power for me is using the routines function in the Alexa app, it allows for simple and more natural spoken commands "Alexa..(whatever you want to say)" and the you can run scenes (HS3 Events) from Alexa, this is very powerful, you can run anything on your system with one word, well Alexa and one word that is.

John

Comment

Another quick tidbit, the groups don't really need to be a "group" of lights to benefit from this new function. You can add one light to a group along with a Echo device and it still adds so much value. I have dots in many rooms so I quickly made groups for each room some with only one light, the cool part of this is now being able to walk into a room and just say lights on and not worry about rooms or names. This will be huge for the simplicity it brings.

John

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  For those of you testing the V3 API:

For the groups feature to work, you need the latest Alexa App (do not use the web app), and you need to create a group and assign it to an Echo. Then add the devices to the group. If you want to say "Alexa, turn on the lights", only devices that are dimmable will be included with this command. If you want to include switches as lights, check the "Is Light" check box in the device properties for the switch and re-discover.

Note that if you don't see the "Is Light" property, make sure you install the latest Beta of HS3. It may not be on the Beta page yet, so here is a link to the Windows installer:

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_398.msi

If you need to "forget" all your devices and discover again, you can do that from the web app at alexa.amazon.com. You cannot do that from the latest mobile app.

Comment

Something else new, You can change the names of devices and scenes (events) from the Alexa app now , sorta either or I guess.

All good here still
                    John

Comment

Will u update to Canadian English at the same time?

Comment

Hi,

Next to the room awareness posibilties with v3 api doe we alo now have to possibilty to request statusses of devices?

And will alexa also know if a hs3 device is a light, a switch (yes if guess) but also the other classes susch as sensors temperature sensors etc?

Regards

Bart
                        Regards Bart
                        ------------------------------------------
                        Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                        HSPRO 3.
                        Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

So I'm confused about HS support with multiple echos. I implemented my second echo in my master bedroom. I created a group called bedroom, added the echo, bedside lights - which I just called lights and my heating blanket.
                          So now when I go into room, I just say Alexa, turn on the light. Everything works fine. I don't get the need for this thread... Have I or am I missing something?

Robert

EDIT: OK I get it now. You won't be able to control the rest of the house this way. Rich, do you have an ETA for Canada?
                          Last edited by langenet; December 17, 2017, 11:15 AM.
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Yes, and UK and I believe AU also.

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                            Will u update to Canadian English at the same time?

Comment

Has this been released to the general public yet or is testing still going on?

Thanks

Comment

We are submitting it tomorrow. I believe it then goes to a third party for testing so it maybe be a few weeks. Will update when they give me a schedule.

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
                                Has this been released to the general public yet or is testing still going on?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X