Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Interest in a Roku Channel for Camera feeds and more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Interest in a Roku Channel for Camera feeds and more?

The subject says it all. I've been asked by a fellow member if I had considered writing a roku app that would give access to camera feeds from HS. I have no problem taking on this challenge, but before I get too deep into it, I just want to gauge interest. I don't have cameras yet, so I would have to buy one, so before I jump in with both feet, I wanted to see what people thought.

A use case that I could think of are:

Door bell rings
    Turn on TV (via whatever method you have)
    Use MeiKu to open the Homeseer channel
    show feed (or feeds).

Or just use the channel when ever you want to view the feeds. My hope is that I can possibly get up to 4 feeds on screen at once, but I won't make promises as I haven' delved into the Roku docs too far yet (just started digging tonight).

I'm also curious if anyone has any other ideas for the channel such as control, status viewing, etc. Once again no promises, because I don't know what the platform will or will not support, but I will try my damdest to do everying we think would be a good idea

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    The subject says it all. I've been asked by a fellow member if I had considered writing a roku app that would give access to camera feeds from HS. I have no problem taking on this challenge, but before I get too deep into it, I just want to gauge interest. I don't have cameras yet, so I would have to buy one, so before I jump in with both feet, I wanted to see what people thought.

A use case that I could think of are:

Door bell rings
    Turn on TV (via whatever method you have)
    Use MeiKu to open the Homeseer channel
    show feed (or feeds).

Or just use the channel when ever you want to view the feeds. My hope is that I can possibly get up to 4 feeds on screen at once, but I won't make promises as I haven' delved into the Roku docs too far yet (just started digging tonight).

I'm also curious if anyone has any other ideas for the channel such as control, status viewing, etc. Once again no promises, because I don't know what the platform will or will not support, but I will try my damdest to do everying we think would be a good idea
    It's not a bad idea. There is an IP Camera channel available. I have it set up. Don't use it very often as the Roku TV models don't support picture in picture which is what I would prefer to do with it (or some sort of overlay)

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
      It's not a bad idea. There is an IP Camera channel available. I have it set up. Don't use it very often as the Roku TV models don't support picture in picture which is what I would prefer to do with it (or some sort of overlay)
      Yeah, that's the only downside. I may make it just for the experience. I'll have to see. Doesn't seem to be too must desire for it so I may wait.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X