www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old November 18th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Seer Deluxe

HomeBridge Plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeon View Post
For those of you using this method to control devices true Siri how reliable has it been. I was fortunate enough to get Fraggel's plugin before it was taken off the store. I has worked almost flawlessly for the past 6 months. Then 2 weeks ago I started getting a lot of "i didn't hear back from your devices". Updated to IOS 11 2 days ago and it seems worst. Since the plugin is no longer supported I need a new solution because now I can't live without it Siri
I have the plugin also, but I have it turned off. I used the config.json creator tool in the post above to make a config.json, and that seems to work well. I wonder if the plugin still works or provides any benefit.
Old November 18th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhmccauley@gmail.com View Post
I have been able to start up the Raspberry PI3. Then I ran HomeBridge Config Maker. When I try first boot, I get the error No such host is known. I have tried the IP address of the HomeSeer computer. Nothing seems to work.

Do I need a plug-in installed, if so which one.
I had to add both the ip address of my hometroller and of the rasberry pi. For some reason was unable to resolve the host name "RaspberryPiHB" and I switched this for the ip address and everything worked. No plugin needed.

Old November 18th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Seer

That worked

Using the IP address for both worked.

Thanks for your help.
Old November 24th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Seer

Homebridge home kit stops responding after a while

After following all the steps, the setup does work for about a day, before the home app shows not responding. A different home kit app, does let me still turn lights on, but does not report the status correctly.

Restarting the Raspberry PI, does not fix the issue. I have to remove HomeBidge from the Home app and add it again.

Any idea what is going on?
Old November 24th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Seer

I have not had that problem since I set it up about a month ago. I am curious if you are using an Apple TV or iPad as you HomeKit hub? I do not run my setup this way and do not have access to HomeKit outside the home. I am far from an expert with homebridge and mainly followed the instructions myself, but wonder if this could have something to do with your issue.
Old November 24th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Seer

HomeBridge

The Home App is reporting that my AppleTV is the hub.

I have restarted everything, and will see how long it lasts. I am controlling X10 light switches connected to my Omni II. Still trying to figure how buttons can be triggered.

Do you know how to turn on logging and then view logs to see what went wrong next time?
Old November 24th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Seer

Somebody else will have to chime in. I don't know if you need homebridge logging or something on the HomeKit side. Do you have your raspberry pi hooked up to a monitor to see if it reports anything?
Old November 24th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Seer

Homebridge home kit stops responding after a while

I do, nothing was reported on the screen. Thanks for your help.
Old November 27th, 2017, 12:25 AM
Seer Master

Works well...

This works well!

I ran into a couple of issues: I accidently plugged the Raspberry pi into a phone charger at one point and it rebooted often when it went undercurrent. User error on my part. However, this cause the app to really freak out a bit and be flakey.

I imaged the file from my Mac... See this if you use a Mac...

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.co...ard-from-a-mac

Also: it should be noted to write down the code in the config file so when you add the HomeBridge to the HomeKit: you will need that number listed as the "pin" in the config.Otherwise you can ssh to the raspberry pi and look it up.

Of note: I am starting a clean build of homeseer- so I only have a couple devices... but right now I have two devices just named "lamp module". When I add then, the homekit just has two "lamp module" devices.

Would it be possible to have the windows app have an option to add the room name to the device for homekit? Maybe the floor too?

Well done again.
Old December 4th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Seer Deluxe

So I just updated to iOS 11.2 and my homebridge HomeKit devices say no response. Any idea what is going on?
Old December 4th, 2017, 11:57 PM
Seer

Homebridge

You could be running into the problem, I ran into. I did updated iOS, which could have caused the problem.

I had to remove HomeBridge from the home app, the add again.

Since I did this, everything has worked.
Old December 13th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Seer Master

Will this get me everything I need to get this working. Or will I need anything else not seen here.

https://www.amazon.ca/CanaKit-Raspbe...&keywords=rpi3
Old December 13th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Seer

I got this kit.

https://www.amazon.ca/CanaKit-Raspbe...0YQS7NKF7VH306

I think the only thing that is different is the SD Card.

The kit worked well.
Old December 21st, 2017, 05:55 PM
Seer Master

I followed the instructions and when I clicked first boot I got this message. Did I miss something?
Attached Images

Old December 21st, 2017, 07:08 PM
Seer Master

Changed RPI host name to IP and it worked. Is there anyway to upload my own json file. I have one setup the way I want will only the devices I need that I was using in windows. I tried copy pasting in the config maker but it doesn't seem I'm able to do that.
Old December 21st, 2017, 08:41 PM
Seer

Should be able to copy and paste it into the text box where it is generated. I have my own custom json that I use and I use the tool to upload it to my homebridge without issue.
Old December 21st, 2017, 09:04 PM
Seer Master

When I right click in that box to past I get nothing. Normally a little window opens were you can click past but I get nothing at all.
Old December 21st, 2017, 11:32 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeon View Post
When I right click in that box to past I get nothing. Normally a little window opens were you can click past but I get nothing at all.
Just got home to check and I agree no right click option, but you can just use Ctrl-V and it works fine
Old December 21st, 2017, 11:50 PM
Seer Master

That worked thanks. Strange that right click doesn't work.
Old December 23rd, 2017, 12:07 PM
Seer Master

When I was first able to get it to work it was worked good for the whole night. Next morning all the devices were showing as not supported. Reset everything and restarted. Worked good for the first night. Next morning all the devices are showing as no response. Any idea what is causing this?