Zwave rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave rebuild

I've decided that I'm going to split my zwave into three zones. 2 Z-NET and for $40 bucks might as well add zstick to the controller. Giving me three zones. I'm tired of the crazy routes and random poor performance of my network.

I've got 90 nodes and that is pretty much just the lighting and a few plugs so I will be growing the network.

I also decided that I want to just rebuild all of the events. I've learned a lot about event building over the last year of using homeseer and it probably makes sense to just take the time to redo it all.

In the past I've had trouble with devices that think they are still on the network but aren't. This leads me to believe I can't just delete my controller interface and start adding new ones.

Do I have to go in and remove all of the nodes from the existing interface and then remove the interface?

I'm asking not only because it would be slightly easier but I also want to understand zwave better. I assume if I just unplugged the old interface and attempted to add my devices to the new interface they would not add. It would want me to remove them from the old interface first. I assume this is because the device itself knows what network it is part of. So you can't just ask it to join a new network when it thinks it is still part of an old network (even if that network is not online).
Working...
X