Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old December 11th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Seer Master
Not Quite A Smoke/CO Detector

I got an email for this today and was flabbergasted by what it's designed to do.

For a few dollars less you can have the real thing.

Old December 12th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Seer Master
The best reason I can think of this is that the z-wave options are expensive compared to a normal detector. As you say you can just buy one of those, except I believe any smoke/CO detector only has a lifespan of 7 years* for the detectors. After that and you should replace it. IF you have this, than you can buy cheaper smoke/CO detectors every 7 years while maintaining your z-wave connectivity.

* Maybe I'm wrong about that, I remember reading it somewhere though.
Old December 13th, 2017, 02:11 AM
Seer Master
I also know codes for building houses now in my part of the world requires Hardwired smoke detectors, and a bunch of them. This might be a cheap and easy way to leave what you have, stay in compliance and add a smart home to the mix of it.