Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-Wave Locks - add multiple users to multiple locks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Locks - add multiple users to multiple locks?

I am using events to add users to four identical locks (and remove / disable them); but it would be great if there's a script or plugin option to do this in a simple bulk model. Ideally, with a list / database of "users" versus one per slot in the lock?

In case anyone comes back to this later... I ended up setting up two separate events for each user-space in the locks. So... 30 possible users, 60 possible scripts. First one removes the user from all locks; second one sets the lock to whatever code I've put in the script to use. Bit of a PITA; but can then easily be used in HSTouch to have a button for "disable user" and "enable user" from any tablet or phone.

Comment

Would you mind sharing the scripts. I've recently migrated from SmartThings to HS for local control and z-wave reliability but I'm frustrated with the lack of most everything else and this was issue was in my top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by mkaplan1 View Post
        Would you mind sharing the scripts. I've recently migrated from SmartThings to HS for local control and z-wave reliability but I'm frustrated with the lack of most everything else and this was issue was in my top 5.
        +1
        I've had HS for years but also gave Vera a shot. Vera user pin code management is really good (not much else). From what I can see so far in HS3 the pin code management is not good at all. For users that add/delete pin codes frequently (short term vacation rental) it is really painful, unless I'm missing something.

Any ideas, scripts or help would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by mkaplan1 View Post
          Another +1 coming from SmartThings for the exact same reasons and was surprised to see no good options for managing lock codes. I plan to dive into scripts and do this eventually after I'm finished getting everything else working, but that will probably be awhile at the pace I move.

Comment

'Sparkman' has an excellent script for door locks, but if I recall correctly, the set user code capability that's available via events is not exposed in the scripting engine so I don't believe he has support in here.

Here's his script in case you find it useful for its other features:
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...47&postcount=1

Myself, I have one old Schlage BE369 that I have never been able to set a user code on, despite including, excluding, rescanning etc. My Kwikset lock has always behaved properly. One day I will replace the Schlage.
            cheeryfool

Comment

It's now possible to do so using scripting calls. See https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...42#post1258842 for the syntax.
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
              X