No announcement yet.

X10 CM11A not sending signals [Resolved]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to googling here as I have really not used RJ9's much except for the CM11A and I would always just replace the handset cords (which was a pita to do). I did not know about an RJ9, RJ10 and RJ22 connector; just that it was smaller than an RJ11.

What is the difference between RJ9, RJ10, RJ11, RJ12 and RJ45 connectors?

These are all crimp connectors with gold pins used for telecoms, networking and occasionally low voltage lighting control applications. The difference is in the number of positions available on the connector and the number of contacts actually present. Obviously where there are more positions the connector is necessarily larger.

RJ48: 10P10C = 10 Position 10 Contact – used in some comms wiring and data environments
    RJ45: 8P8C = 8 Position 8 Contact – used in Network Wiring including Cat 6 and Cat5e
    RJ12: 6P6C = 6 Position 6 Conductor – used in System phones
    RJ11: 6P4C = 6 Position 4 Conductor – used for ADSL, telephone, and modem cables etc.
    RJ9 / RJ10 / RJ22: 4P4C = 4 Position 4 Conductor – used for Telephone Handset cables.

The RJ11 and RJ12 are the same size, even though they have a different number of contacts.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

FYI, these connectors (and their mates) are readily available from DigiKey: Modular Connectors - Plugs
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks Mark.

Here just reinstalled one CM11A by the fuse panel and had previously cut and patched a cat5e cable and now have gone back to using old telephone flat line 4 conductor cable.

Such that next to the fuse panel now is (on separate breakers). This is the way it was set up but I was using cat5e and rj45 baluns to RS-232 or RJ-11/12.

CM11A, TW-523 and XTB IIR using telephone wire going to server section and Leviton panels section. For Leviton OP2 now utilize X10, UPB, Zigbee and Z-Wave. For Homeseer utilize X10 (via CM11A and TW-523 Ocelot), UPB and ZWave. (indirectly Zigbee via Homeseer OP2 and playing with Smarthings hub)

Will take a picture of what I did. (or redid).

Also adding surge monitoring and am trying to find the module for voltage monitoring on my surge protector. (it is a commercial set up with module boards)
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you! Thank you! for this post I've been running HS2 for longer than I can remember just moved to HS3 and completely bypassed the X10 tab thought my CM11A was defunked but turns out I had to create the device in the X10 tab not on the main tab go figure!

Comment

So glad this post helped and that you have X10 working under HS3!

When moving from HS2 to HS3 you will find many things that don't seem to make sense at first. The technology tabs for devices were needed since HS is no longer X10 centric and each tech can have settings specific to it. After a while it will become second nature.

Please be sure to post any issues you have with the X10 plugin in this forum so we'll see them right away!
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
            X