Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon possible plugin issues

I may have a unique issue .. but I need help

I have two HS systems that I am converting from HS2 to HS3. One system is the production system in a remote area, and one is a development system 200 km away from the production system.

I spend most of my time (and boy has it been a lot for this conversion) on the dev machine as we spend what little time we have at the remote site, doing other things. As well, the remote site does not have the best/reliable internet connection.

Here is my issue, I do not have an identical system for dev as I have in prod. I have the Insteon controller, but not the same devices so most of my time is creating the skeleton of changes, and then fine tuning them when I get to the remote site.

However with the current HS3 and Insteon everytime I get devices installed on HS3, when I go to install the updated config on the prod machine all the Insteon products disappear and I have to redo them again.

When I do an update, I do a backup of the config (as per HS) and then reload it on the remote system .. Once I have updated the devices (add/move/change), most devices stay the same. It is the events and scripts that are changing.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can selectively do events and scripts and not break any links .. so that I can get on with this CONVERSION and not spend all my time in what I consider administrivia.

Don

OK, first a disclaimer. I have only used HS3 and know nothing about how to convert HS2 to HS3.

First, not sure if you are aware but there is an insteon specific forum. It is for the plugin written by Mark Sandler. If that is what you are using, you might get more help in that forum. Here is a link:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=792

Second, a problem I would expect when going from one system to another is that it would be unlikely that the device ids would be the same.

Comment

Working...
    X