This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan control volunteers

I have added fan control to the newest build but I want some users to try it out. It allows you to have the fan activate for x minutes every x minutes when the system has been idle for x minutes.
    You can leave the system idle minutes blank and it will ignore that condition.

If you want to try it out here is the link

Build 1.0.29.0a

Please let me know how it goes.

Remember this is a beta release.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Wow no feedback on this.
    Is no one using this at all?
    I may need to rethink the other ideas I had planned if no one will use them.
    Cheers,
    Bob

Comment

I think it may be because some users have not upgraded to the new paid version yet.
      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I haven't tried it because right now my a/c unit has been on, so the fan has been on constantly. Also, I just don't see myself using this feature when the a/c is off.

Comment

I am not saying it is for everyone but I was specifically asked by a couple for this.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
            I think it may be because some users have not upgraded to the new paid version yet.
            Some may not have thermostats that support fan-only control...
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Is the fan feature in 1.0.30.0?

Comment

Yes it should be
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I'm not a user of this thermostat, however fan control is one of the primary reasons I got an automated stat. We have allergies in my house in the spring and fall and have HEPA filters in the furnaces. Running air through them periodically when the unit is not running on its onw has made things a lot better.

I used to have the function as you described it in my ocelot and moved it homeseer.

I know this doesn't help you other than I understand why you did it and maybe it will help others see the value of it.
                  Paul

Comment

thanks for adding this option, i was one of the users requesting it, but have not been working on my home stuff for some time.

I just downloaded the trial and am considering the purchase.

First thing i have found is that one day i found one of my thermostats cycling the fan on and off every minute or so, had to reboot to get that to stop.

I turned off the fan option for now as i had to leave town, and the plugin is working as expected. I will do some more testing next week and see if i can figure out some details as to what made that happen.
                    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Blade, is this feature working? I am trying to make it work and it seams not responding when the AC is in idle X amount of time. Normally my AC is more dormant during the nights, I have checked the activity log in the morning for some fan commands and don't Sean any command for fan only...

This would really come handy!
                      Hector
                      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Fan control volunteers

This feature never did work right for me. At some point Blade promised a new beta after his vacation, but it never happened. I think the topic fell to the back burner.

There is also a rare bug where the thermostat will start cycling between modes every few seconds. When I disable BLStat it goes away. It doesn't rear its head too often, so I still use BLstat and like it a lot. I just wish there could be a little improvement.

Comment

Yes I need to fix that. The problem is finding enought time to sit down and do it. Kids music and now sports in now in full swing. I am hoping to have time this weekend to get to this as I am seeing the issue as well.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

We understand Blade (at least I do)! No worries; just nice to hear that you will try to get back to it some day.

Comment

I am available to Beta test it when your ready...... I also understand your situation.
                              Hector
                              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                              X