www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Ultra Scripts and Plug-Ins > UltraGCIR HSPI

UltraGCIR HSPI Discussion area for the UltraGCIR HSPI plugin.

Old October 12th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrajones View Post
If you're experiencing an issue getting the plug-in to recognize your Global Cache devices, please try this and report back:

1) Open up hspi_ultragcir3.exe.config in the HomeSeer3 root directory using notepad
2) Change the line
PHP Code:
<probing privatePath="bin\hspi_ultracid3"/> to <probing privatePath="bin\hspi_ultragcir3"/> 
3) Save the file
4) Restart HomeSeer

If that fixes it, I’ll update the package and publish the fix.

Regards,
Ultrajones
That fixed it straight away. Got the Win8 firewall warning, allowed the app through and the iTach devices all showed up perfectly.
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Super Seer

Ultra... Fixed my problems as well...
Attached Images

Ubuntu 16.10 (64) | HSPro 3.0.0.297 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.124 | Server .94 | BL BackUp | BLOccupied | BLLock | Media Controller | Jowi HUE | HSTouch | DSC-Envisalink | I-Tunes DAAP | DirecTV | Restart | Honeywell WiFi | Weather XML | RFX Com | + Android .117 : IOS 8
Old October 17th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Seer Master

Not a bug, just an observation

I have HS3 running on a separate box and I am trying to test as much as possible with HS2 still running. That hasn't worked with some plug-ins. I had to disable Z-wave because I was causing conflicts with 2 primary controllers on the same Z-wave network. I believe I may be seeing timing issues with the GC-100.

On my weekly generator test, I received notification that the generator was running from both HS2 & HS3, but only from HS2 on the shutdown. IR commands don't always work on both systems when both are operational, but are fine when only one system is running.

I was going to tinker with the wait time setting, but don't know enough about the GC and plug-in to know if it would impact performance. This isn't a big issue and I'll continue testing with HS2 shut down.

Thanks again for porting this great plug-in.
Barry
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:04 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhfarm View Post
I have HS3 running on a separate box and I am trying to test as much as possible with HS2 still running. That hasn't worked with some plug-ins. I had to disable Z-wave because I was causing conflicts with 2 primary controllers on the same Z-wave network. I believe I may be seeing timing issues with the GC-100.

On my weekly generator test, I received notification that the generator was running from both HS2 & HS3, but only from HS2 on the shutdown. IR commands don't always work on both systems when both are operational, but are fine when only one system is running.

I was going to tinker with the wait time setting, but don't know enough about the GC and plug-in to know if it would impact performance. This isn't a big issue and I'll continue testing with HS2 shut down.

Thanks again for porting this great plug-in.
Barry
If you are trying to use 2 plug-ins with the GC-100, then you'll have issue as that device only allows 1 connection. The plug-ins will fight over the 1 allowed TCP connection.

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:06 PM
OverSeer

Thumbs up

I just finished UltraGCIR3 HSPI for HomeSeer3. I even completed support for IR pattern matching HomeSeer triggers when used with the GC-IRE connected to a serial port on the GC-100. I am working on the documentation and will post the first release within the week.

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Super Seer

woo hoo !! Thanks !
Old November 2nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
OverSeer

Thumbs up

UltraGCIR3 HSPI is officially released and is available for purchase from the HomeSeer store.

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old November 21st, 2013, 08:49 AM
Super Seer

I get the following error when trying to use the "IR Control" tab and clicking on one of the IR commands.

An error occurred in the "sendIrById()" function.
The error details are:

Number: undefined
Description: window.event is undefined
Old November 22nd, 2013, 09:56 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerygaz View Post
I get the following error when trying to use the "IR Control" tab and clicking on one of the IR commands.

An error occurred in the "sendIrById()" function.
The error details are:

Number: undefined
Description: window.event is undefined
What is the name and version of the browser that you are using?
Old November 26th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Super Seer

I'm using the latest version of Firefox 25.0.1
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Super Seer

UJ - Firstly any update on the IR Control tab in Firefox?

Secondly - When I quit HS3 UltraGCIR3 (and UltraNetCam3) crash with a dialog that says "HSPI_UltraGCIR3 has stopped working"
Old December 13th, 2013, 10:10 PM
OverSeer

Hello beerygaz. No updates on the IR control tabs yet. I had planned on re-witting the routines using jquery, but have not had time yet.

I am not sure why the plug-ins are crashing on shutdown. I have never seen this before. When did it start? What version of HS are you using? What operating system are you using?

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old December 18th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Super Seer

UJ, it started around 3.0.0.42 - but I can't be 100% sure. I'm running 3.0.0.54 now, Windows Server 2008 R2 OS.
Old December 18th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I am not sure why the plug-ins are crashing on shutdown. I have never seen this before. When did it start? What version of HS are you using? What operating system are you using?

Regards,
Ultrajones
I can report the crash on the shut down of HS3 is happening here too. I only enable the plug-in for short periods of time, then disable it and other plug-ins before handing back control to HS2. When I shutdown HS3, I get the Windows dialog that it has crashed. Running Win7 and on version 0.54.

I can try enabling, then shutting down to see if the crash happens all the time or just after it has been disabled if that would help.

Barry
Edit: OK tried a couple of variations and got the message when the plug-in was enabled and shut HS3 down. However, that only occurred once in three tests. I also got a clean shutdown with the plug-in disabled just now. If you would like for me to try anything, let me know.

Last edited by lhfarm; December 18th, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old January 8th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

I am getting frequent occurrences of the following warning in my error log:

Jan-08 11:39:46 AM Warning In ZipFile, exception opening C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3 : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3' because it is being used by another process.
Jan-08 11:32:13 AM Warning In ZipFile, exception opening C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3 : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3' because it is being used by another process.

I don't have a recurring event setup for UltraGCIR3. The only rule I have right now is that it triggers the PIP on my TV when the doorbell rings to display our front door camera, and show us a picture of who is standing there. These warnings do not correspond to when the event is triggered.
Old January 12th, 2014, 11:43 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by automateme View Post
I am getting frequent occurrences of the following warning in my error log:

Jan-08 11:39:46 AM Warning In ZipFile, exception opening C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3 : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3' because it is being used by another process.
Jan-08 11:32:13 AM Warning In ZipFile, exception opening C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3 : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3' because it is being used by another process.

I don't have a recurring event setup for UltraGCIR3. The only rule I have right now is that it triggers the PIP on my TV when the doorbell rings to display our front door camera, and show us a picture of who is standing there. These warnings do not correspond to when the event is triggered.
This error isn't something from my plug-in. Do you have some type of backup job running that is trying to access ultragcir3.db3?

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old January 12th, 2014, 11:44 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhfarm View Post
I can report the crash on the shut down of HS3 is happening here too. I only enable the plug-in for short periods of time, then disable it and other plug-ins before handing back control to HS2. When I shutdown HS3, I get the Windows dialog that it has crashed. Running Win7 and on version 0.54.

I can try enabling, then shutting down to see if the crash happens all the time or just after it has been disabled if that would help.

Barry
Edit: OK tried a couple of variations and got the message when the plug-in was enabled and shut HS3 down. However, that only occurred once in three tests. I also got a clean shutdown with the plug-in disabled just now. If you would like for me to try anything, let me know.
This is a confirmed issue on systems running Windows 7. It has something to do with the .Net Framework. It does not happen on Windows 8. I am still looking into it.
Old January 12th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
This error isn't something from my plug-in. Do you have some type of backup job running that is trying to access ultragcir3.db3?

Regards,
Ultrajones
That was it UltraJones. I am moving over to HS3, and recreating all of my events, so I am doing frequent 'Backup Config' under the Tools/Setup menu. Every time I run that, the warning appears.
Old January 27th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Seer

Hi! I´m in the process of moving everything over to HS3. One obstacle is that UltraGCIR does not start up correct. The following output is shown;

UltraGCIR3 HSPI starting...
Connecting to HomeSeer server at 127.0.0.1, attempt 1...
Connection to HomeSeer at 127.0.0.1, attempt 1 succeeded.
HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.Messages.ScsRem oteException
HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.Messages.ScsRem oteException: There
is not a method with name 'Version' in service class.
Service Version: NO_VERSION ---> System.Exception: There is not a method with na
me 'Version' in service class.
vid HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Service.ScsServiceApplication .ServiceObjec
t.InvokeMethod(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
vid HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Service.ScsServiceApplication .Client_Messa
geReceived(Object sender, MessageEventArgs e)
--- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
vid System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage re
qMsg, IMessage retMsg)
vid System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgD
ata, Int32 type)
vid HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.Version()
vid HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.HSPI.InitIO(String port)

By the way - I´m using Windows Home Server 2011, HS3 and UltraGCIR of the latest version

Update 2014-01-29: Disabled, uninstall and then a reinstall with the same result.....

Please advice!
Fredrik

Last edited by FredrikKan; January 29th, 2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Update on sw versions
Old January 30th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Seer

Ping

"Is there anybody out there...?"