www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Ultra Scripts and Plug-Ins > UltraGCIR HSPI

UltraGCIR HSPI Discussion area for the UltraGCIR HSPI plugin.

Old March 6th, 2015, 04:11 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrajones View Post
What error are you seeing?
I run version 3.0.5528.32889 and when I try to control a IR device using the IR control I get the following error as in the attached images.

IR works fine when sending the commands using events or Device Manager, so it's just this page that does not work.
Attached Images

Old April 15th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Seer

I recently updated my UltraGCIR3 to the latest. I had been running 3.0.5047.16524 and was upgraded to 3.0.5580.18788

My problem is that after the upgrade, I lost the status for relay devices, commands get sent and the Relay changes state, but not other log entries for this plug in beyond “Apr-15 3:31:05 PM Device Control Device: GlobalCache RELAY UltraGCIR3 Plugin Relay 2 - Amps to (-1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler”

The devices look fine, are associated with the corect GC100-12 ports and all that, but no change in status. So one of the Relays was 'Inactive' I manually request an 'Activate' via the action drop down, and the relay goes on, but no change to the displayed status.

Assuming it might be a firewall issue (although the plugins are named the same and in the same location), I double checked that the firewall entries were correct and point at the right executable.

Anything I should try to see why I lost status on these?

Context: Win7, HS3 3.0.163, GC-100-12 on wired Ethernet with fixed IP.

Old April 15th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Seer

Aha, just went and looked at the plug-in manager page and there was an update available, so after upgrading to 3.0.5582.31609 it works as expected.

That was just a few days between the updates. Thanks for staying on top of it.
Old June 29th, 2015, 04:50 AM
Seer Plus

I have setup a DSC alarm with an option to disconnects all sensors when disconnecting two wires attached to each other. I'm trying to simulate the same with the help of GC12 relay, it seems to work but only once, then I have to restart HS3 to make it work again.
Any idea how to solve this.

Regards,
hadyos
Old June 30th, 2015, 04:46 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadyos View Post
I have setup a DSC alarm with an option to disconnects all sensors when disconnecting two wires attached to each other. I'm trying to simulate the same with the help of GC12 relay, it seems to work but only once, then I have to restart HS3 to make it work again.
Any idea how to solve this.

Regards,
hadyos
In order to help, I'll need to duplicate what you're attempting to do. Can you provide details and screenshots of what you're doing?

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old July 1st, 2015, 01:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

lack of communication with ethernet based GC unit

I switched over to Global Cache a few weeks back when I converted to HS3. I have one WiFi based unit controlling a tv and dvr, no problems ever with this plug-in. However the ethernet based unit I have (controlling a tv, amp and dvr) falls off the network routinely. Sometimes but not always I get a logged error in HS3. Trying to control it from within the plugin gives me the sendIRbyld() error window (as noted above) and updatebutton() error window as well. The plugin always reports 2 units attached (WiFi and ethernet). If I unplug the ethernet GC unit, plug it back in, then I can control it from the plugin just fine, and events work as programmed but only for some undetermined amount of time. It never works, e.g., first thing in the morning. This was NOT the case when I first installed the units and plugin--all worked very well at first, and I don't have a record of when I updated the plugin to see if that made a difference or not. I have upgraded HS3 since then however. The plugin is on the current release (as of 1/July) The ethernet cable used worked fine for the predecessor (a Bitwise controller) and when first used--it runs back to a switch then a gig connexion to the main house switch which is where HS plug into. I have looked but cannot see any way to adjustment time-outs or keep alives.

Any ideas of what I can check on? The WAF is low given she comes down mornings and the TV/amp/dvr don't come on anymore.

Cheers,
Scott
HS3.0.0.368,BLRF, BLBackup2.27, Netcam, Global Cache Pro 5.0.0.56, UltraNetatmo3, UltraRachio3.0.6104.19146 ZNet-Ethernet 0.212, HSM100s,/200s,Aeon Multisensors and PowerStrips, 3x2Gig CT30 and 2x2Gig CT100 ZWave-Thermostats. Zwave nodes: 100. Devices: 610. Events: 159. Windows 10.
Old July 1st, 2015, 02:20 PM
Super Seer

Might be worth checking the power supply
Old July 2nd, 2015, 04:58 AM
Seer Plus

Well, What I'm trying to do is pretty simple. I Would like to activate or inactivate my motion sensors using the Relay input on the GC100-12 by simulating a disconnection between the two wires that connected to the board of the DSC PC1832 Alarm system.

I have attached a photo.

https://photos.google.com/u/0/photo/...tKgb3BqIQ70fhS

If I disconnect the the two wires shown in the photo by hand I turn off all my motion sensors, I would like to do the same with the GC100-12 Relay and your plugin.

Best Regards
hadyos
Old July 2nd, 2015, 11:20 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Well, What I'm trying to do is pretty simple. I Would like to activate or inactivate my motion sensors using the Relay input on the GC100-12 by simulating a disconnection between the two wires that connected to the board of the DSC PC1832 Alarm system.

I have attached a photo.

https://photos.google.com/u/0/photo/...tKgb3BqIQ70fhS

If I disconnect the the two wires shown in the photo by hand I turn off all my motion sensors, I would like to do the same with the GC100-12 Relay and your plugin.

Best Regards
hadyos
What is the firmware version you are running on the GC-100-12?
Old July 2nd, 2015, 11:22 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcwilliams View Post
I switched over to Global Cache a few weeks back when I converted to HS3. I have one WiFi based unit controlling a tv and dvr, no problems ever with this plug-in. However the ethernet based unit I have (controlling a tv, amp and dvr) falls off the network routinely. Sometimes but not always I get a logged error in HS3. Trying to control it from within the plugin gives me the sendIRbyld() error window (as noted above) and updatebutton() error window as well. The plugin always reports 2 units attached (WiFi and ethernet). If I unplug the ethernet GC unit, plug it back in, then I can control it from the plugin just fine, and events work as programmed but only for some undetermined amount of time. It never works, e.g., first thing in the morning. This was NOT the case when I first installed the units and plugin--all worked very well at first, and I don't have a record of when I updated the plugin to see if that made a difference or not. I have upgraded HS3 since then however. The plugin is on the current release (as of 1/July) The ethernet cable used worked fine for the predecessor (a Bitwise controller) and when first used--it runs back to a switch then a gig connexion to the main house switch which is where HS plug into. I have looked but cannot see any way to adjustment time-outs or keep alives.

Any ideas of what I can check on? The WAF is low given she comes down mornings and the TV/amp/dvr don't come on anymore.

Cheers,
Scott
Check to confirm you're running the very latest firmware on your Ethernet based unit. Global Cache had network connectivity issue with earlier version of their firmware. Checking the power supply is also a good idea as pointed out by NicolaiL.

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old July 2nd, 2015, 01:10 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrajones View Post
What is the firmware version you are running on the GC-100-12?
GC-100-12 firmware version is 3.2-12

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old July 8th, 2015, 08:15 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
GC-100-12 firmware version is 3.2-12

Okay, that version is the latest. I have a Global Cache GC-100-12 with the same version. I am unable to duplicate the issue you reported. Please try to delete the Global Cache relay devices from the View > Device Management web page, then restart the plug-in so they get re-created. If that doesn't work, then please enable debug, then attempt to activate and inactive the relay device, then send post the log output here. The hspi_ultragcir3_debug.log file will be located in the HomeSeer root directory.

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old July 10th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Seer Plus

Ultrajons,

Attached is a debug log file of ultragcir. I did what you suggested, erased the RELAY devices and let the plugin build it again and then I try to turn off the relay and on again without success.

Thanks,
hadyos
Attached Files
File Type: txt hspi_ultragcir3_debug.txt (28.4 KB, 6 views)
Old July 11th, 2015, 09:00 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Ultrajons,

Attached is a debug log file of ultragcir. I did what you suggested, erased the RELAY devices and let the plugin build it again and then I try to turn off the relay and on again without success.

Thanks,
hadyos
The debug logs show the plug-in is successfully controlling the relays and your GC-100-12 is indicating the relays are being activated and inactivated. Do you have a volt meter to confirm your relays on the GC-100-12 are actually working?

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old July 11th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Seer Plus

I do have volt meter but how do I check this, I'm not so electrical expert...

hadyos
Old July 19th, 2015, 05:51 AM
Seer Plus

I checked the relays with volt meter and they response fine. What else do you suggest to overcome this problem? BTW: the relays response to inactivate from plugin only once after I boot HS3 computer, I using Windows 8.1

Last edited by hadyos; July 19th, 2015 at 06:41 AM.
Old July 19th, 2015, 09:40 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
I checked the relays with volt meter and they response fine. What else do you suggest to overcome this problem? BTW: the relays response to inactivate from plugin only once after I boot HS3 computer, I using Windows 8.1

Can you confirm if the status of the relays are changing in the HomeSeer device when you activate and inactive a relay?

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Seer Plus

Yes, they do. From Activate to Inactivate or toggle, the status icon changes

Regards,
hadyos

Old July 20th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Super Seer

Plug-in Crashes when disabling PI or shutting down HomeSeer3

Your plug-in generally works really well and without problem on several XPE and Win8.1 machines but I have an issue on two HomeTroller 6 Win7 machines.

The PI functions well, but if you try to disable the plugin or if you exit HS3 the PI will crash. I have attached screen shots showing the details of the crash.

Let me know if I can pull additional debug info for you.

Nicolai
Attached Images

Old July 27th, 2015, 04:07 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolaiL View Post
Your plug-in generally works really well and without problem on several XPE and Win8.1 machines but I have an issue on two HomeTroller 6 Win7 machines.

The PI functions well, but if you try to disable the plugin or if you exit HS3 the PI will crash. I have attached screen shots showing the details of the crash.

Let me know if I can pull additional debug info for you.

Nicolai
Bump. Any thoughts on this one?