Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddx plugin

Hi,

I started from scratch to create my own Caddx plugin. I will update this thread with my progress.

Wish me luck
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Good luck Rien, I have been hoping to see a plugin for quite some time, am really almost to a point of switching to a different security system...but I'll give you a little time first before I get that hasty.

As a note, I use and love the feature to update the display on the keypad, hope this gets in to your version as well.
    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

I also wish you success. This plug-in is a major hurdle for my own conversion to HS3.

Given the delay already, I'd favor a stripped-down first cut that monitors just the basic functions like armed/disarmed and zone status. Add additional functionality as time and success permit. Of course, I also expect that your personal needs will (and should) determine your priorities. The rest of us are mostly along for the ride.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
        Hi,

I started from scratch to create my own Caddx plugin. I will update this thread with my progress.

Wish me luck
        Thanks for doing this.

The only request I have is for you to post a heartbeat regularly, if only to say "I'm still working on this". Regular status and milestone updates would be greatly appreciated, if you have the time.

Do you have a clearly defined roadmap that you have sketched out, or are you just figuring that out right now?

Comment

Count me in for testing.

Comment

Hi,

Wish me luck

Comment

How can we help?

Hi,

Wish me luck
              How can we help? Can we send you the chocolate mentioned earlier?

JimO.

Comment

Hi Rien, Thanks in advance for all the effort! Looping forward for the first test version. For me also just the basics like armed/ disarmed and zone status will do.

Comment

Wohooo!!! excited to see this. thanks for taking it on
                  HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                  53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                  https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Hi Guys,

Finally an update, I guess you were thinking if I was still alive
                    The reason is that I was kinda busy the last weeks with finalizing a kinds of stuff, but the main reason. It is a lot of work to create a plugin like this, it's my biggest HS project ever

Most of the time it's the pre-work to understand and figure out how to use the API and how to implement it functionality.
                    At this time I am able to retrieve the Zone information I need and create the proper HS devices for it (see screenshot). It's now easy to do the same for the Partitions and the Panel. All tough I use small pieces and icons of other plugins and code from other systems than HS, almost all code is new

After I have the Partition and Panel information retrievement in place, I will have to start update the information of the Zone etc. when they actually happen.

So, there is progress, but the is still a lot of work to do.

The first version will have basic functionality, which suits my needs, but I assume it will be good enough for most off you. It will have:
                    - HS devices for al zones
                    - HS devices for the partitions
                    - HS devices for the panel
                    - Configuration/rescan pages
                    - Events and triggers

Keep you posted.....
                    Attached Files
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

That looks awesome!

Thanks for the update, you are really making progress. It looks like the backbone is in place quite nicely.

Are you going to have any security in place? For something as important as an alarm system, it might be nice to have an extra layer of security we could implement to keep someone with access to the main homeseer interface from being able to configure the alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanm70 View Post
                        That looks awesome!

Thanks for the update, you are really making progress. It looks like the backbone is in place quite nicely.

Are you going to have any security in place? For something as important as an alarm system, it might be nice to have an extra layer of security we could implement to keep someone with access to the main homeseer interface from being able to configure the alarm.
                        Hi,

What do you suggest as an extra layer. Is it something that was in the earlier plugin too?
                        I need some help here
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how complicated this would be, but ideally any function that would require a code entry on a keypad to accomplish should have the same type of protection in your program. For example, there is no code needed to observe the status of any of the zones, nor is there a code needed to arm the system.

Disarming from your interface is trickier, as it would be nice to be able to script a disarm, but I wouldn't want to be able to simply press a button on the main HS gui and disarm the system with no authentication. I suppose some people might though, so maybe it should be configurable. In no case would I want to be able to program new codes or change zone types without entering a new secure password.

I'll be happy with anything you come up with, I just figured since you were starting from the ground up instead of adapting old code it might be good to address concerns from the start.

Thanks for doing this!

Jonathan

Comment

I had a thought on implementation. Would it be possible to pop up a 3x4 keypad image like the alarm panel when a button is pushed that would accept mouse actions to enter a code? For example, when you press the disarm button, it wouldn't actually disarm until a code was either typed or button pushed on the screen.

Maybe using something like this? http://jsfiddle.net/98Amc/

Comment

I would just suggest using the Guest/Admin roles in homeseer, if the user logged in has admin rights, they can do everything, if they are a guest, they cant amr/disarm, etc.
                              HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Working...
                              X